[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

@pntrqlst, heh. Thanks.

I think s/he means it proves he's not a bastard--lyann and Rhaegar were married. That's a possibility.

I think Aemon knew and it may be in his library, and Sam some how has to find it.

They have been pointing out Sam's reading all season.

I think there may be the answer to Jon in Aemons Library, and Crypt of WF, and the answer to killing WW / NK and Dragons at the Citadel.

Benjen being in the preview means there will be something related to him, doesn't mean he will appear. Syrio appears on the preview but it's only to remind why meryn trant is on arya's kill list and why she will do what she's going to do with him today. Don't expect to see benjen alive and syrio on this episode.

I think there may be the answer to Jon in Aemons Library, and Crypt of WF, and the answer to killing WW / NK and Dragons at the Citadel.

I agree. The Citadel in particular has so much info. And there is definitely something in that crypt.

edited to add-since the Daynes and the Tower of Joy were in Dorne, there might be info there as well. Wouldn't that be a nice change? :)

Benjen being in the preview means there will be something related to him, doesn't mean he will appear. Syrio appears on the preview but it's only to remind why meryn trant is on arya's kill list and why she will do what she's going to do with him today. Don't expect to see benjen alive and syrio on this episode.

Meryn Trant and assassin in training with her list Arya have been in this season. Of course Syrio is to remind us about that relationship. Benjen comes completely out of the blue with no connection to any current story line. He will show up.

Nevermind. Aemon can't read anything without Sam. So only if Benjen's letter reached him before Sam was his steward, and he squirreled it away.

I am really struggling to understand why the Benjen recap is in there. Hopefully it's not because he's mentioned in a significant conversation.

Commander Mormont had a flashback in Episode 6, was it? Before Tyrion revealed to Jorah he had died. Certainly didn't mean he was coming back.

"And Now His Hype is Ended."

Hmm. Might be Syrio is just there to remind us that Meryn Trant killed him, but how did a very skilled Faceless man like Ja'qen end up in the Black Cells on his way to the NW in the first place. A Man might reveal a 'previously on' face and then punish Arya. Or not. But don't be so sure.

Hmm. Might be Syrio is just there to remind us that Meryn Trant killed him, but how did a very skilled Faceless man like Ja'qen end up in the Black Cells on his way to the NW in the first place. A Man might reveal a 'previously on' face and then punish Arya. Or not. But don't be so sure.

I have always thought he got into those cells on purpose. A man is too good at his job.

I have always thought he got into those cells on purpose. A man is too good at his job.

Aye, it is the one hope i have that Sirio is Ja"qen. Would Ned have sent for a swordfighter or a faceless man to protect his youngest daughter?

Aye, it is the one hope i have that Sirio is Ja"qen. Would Ned have sent for a swordfighter or a faceless man to protect his youngest daughter?

Both Syrio and Ja'qen are mysteries

Wtf was the sword of Braavos doing in King's Landing where no one seemed particularly aware of him but he somehow met Ned and became Arya's "dancing master"?

And why was Ja'qen in the black cells when he could kill a whole armed watch for them to escape without breaking a sweat or anyone being the wiser?

And why did they both gravitate to her?

Someday, I will have the answers.

But probably not today.

The Syrio recap scene makes perfect sense with what we know will happen and in no way implies that Jaqen = Syrio. It's not that big of a mystery why a former First Sword of Braavos would be in King's Landing. KL is the capital of the seven kingdoms, and the Hand of the freaking king could easily hire someone prestigious to join him there. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Perhaps Benjen is in the recap to remind us that people disappear outside of the wall, and their horse comes back riderless.

Since we do not have the ice cells that I'm positive Jon's body is going to be stored in, but we do have burning bodies beyond the Wall at the heart tree where Jon burned Ygritte and where he took his vows with Sam, I'd say that we see something with those pieces.

Say, Jon is stabbed and his body is carried beyond the Wall to be burned but it is not carried out. And a horse comes back riderless. Or he's not stabbed (why would they not?) but he goes out and doesn't come back?

The show has gone bonkers now as it is, so anything that makes sense is probably not going to happen.

And as for Jon as R+L=J, the showrunners will just pull that one out their butts one day and it will be accepted as fact with no need for proof.

Except they know who Jon's parents are, so it won't be pulling it out of their butts, but rather straight from GRRM. I think all the Lyanna and Rhaeger random exposition this season has done a good job of planting the seeds. It's extremely hard to info-dump on a television show.. They've done good on that count so far.

Perhaps Benjen is in the recap to remind us that people disappear outside of the wall, and their horse comes back riderless.

Since we do not have the ice cells that I'm positive Jon's body is going to be stored in, but we do have burning bodies beyond the Wall at the heart tree where Jon burned Ygritte and where he took his vows with Sam, I'd say that we see something with those pieces.

Say, Jon is stabbed and his body is carried beyond the Wall to be burned but it is not carried out. And a horse comes back riderless. Or he's not stabbed (why would they not?) but he goes out and doesn't come back?

The show has gone bonkers now as it is, so anything that makes sense is probably not going to happen.

And as for Jon as R+L=J, the showrunners will just pull that one out their butts one day and it will be accepted as fact with no need for proof.

Yep, it feels like they'll justify it in the Inside Episode rather than weave an actual narrative in-show.

My thoughts:

The scenes are all self-explanatory except Benjen (i.e. Syrio is seen just as a reminder for the Arya/Meryn Trant bit). We're all just guessing about Benjen -- he could be there for any reason since it hasn't happened in the books (yet?).

My guess (and I have absolutely nothing to back this up, it's just purely-for-fun speculation) is that we'll see a brief shot of Benjen somewhere far, far North of The Wall.

No lines at all, just a shot. Just so we (the viewers) know he's there and can speculate til Season 6.

My reasoning? George has said publicly that we'll see deeper into the far north in upcoming books and since D&D excluded Bran & Co. this year -- this would be a way to kinda lead into that. And of course, the whole R+L=J would make sense coming from Benjen (next year) if they're skipping Howland Reed.

Plus, I feel like with all the characters D&D cut completely, Benjen and his going-missing-storyline could've/would've been an easy, obvious cut from jump (unless they knew they'd need him later for something).

Archived