[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

Wait... people were saying Benjen would show up in Dorne? :lol:

This idea came about from the rumors about a secret actor filming in Dorne. And why should anything be out of the realm of possibility considering all the ridiculous plots we've had from D&D this season.

That they have. :lol:

Yup. Read, the last couple of pages and apparently Reddit. It's been amusing.

This idea came about from the rumors about a secret actor filming in Dorne. And why should anything be out of the realm of possibility considering all the ridiculous plots we've had from D&D this season.

:lol: I'm outta words.

Well, does Sansa being married to and raped by Ramsay make sense? Does Stannis (the epitome of duty, who declared that one of the reasons he wanted the IT was because of his duty to his daughter) burning his daughter because his food supplies were burned by Rambo Ramsay make any sense? Does any of LF's scheming this season make any sense? If none of these storylines made sense, then I wouldn't put it past D&D to have Benjen appear in Dorne. D&D in their infinite wisdom might have just decided to give the Daynes' storyline to the Martells and Faegon's storyline to Jon.

All those make far more sense, than Benjen revealing Jon's parentage to family that would kill him in an instant. As mich shit as we give D&D, for changes they have made and as screwed up as we believe them to be; all these changes can be chalked up to condescending the plot. Are the Martells going to march their 30k plus army, north and bypass KL just to go help Jon for the real war. Doubt it.

If Benjen is the one to reveal who Jon is, he will do so to Jon. After that, the North. You know, the part of the realm that would follow a possible true born Stark/Targaryen and young man with battle command experience for the impending war with the zombie apocalypse.

Tyenne has pretty nice tits in matter a fact, so why would Benjen freezing to death so far north with all those walkers around without food all these years when he could just go south and f*** all those crazy dornish girls. :-)

All those make far more sense, than Benjen revealing Jon's parentage to family that would kill him in an instant. As mich shit as we give D&D, for changes they have made and as screwed up as we believe them to be; all these changes can be chalked up to condescending the plot. Are the Martells going to march their 30k plus army, north and bypasd KL just to go help Jon for the real war. Doubt it.

If Benjen is the one to reveal who Jon is, he will do so to Jon. After that, the North. You know, the part of the realm that would follow a possible true born Stark/Targaryen and young man with battle command experience for the impending war with the zombie apocalypse.

You don't have to be snarky and condescending in your tone, I was just stating that watching this season I feel that D&D have decided to go rogue and make up their own storylines. For example, with regards to the Night's King, GRRM stated that the NK in his books is dead but we have D&D show a character and call him the Night's King. So I wouldn't be surprised (even if it made no logical sense) for D&D to have Benjen show up in Dorne. That being said, I think the idea of Benjen being in Dorne defies all logic and is ridiculous.

I think the most realistic appearance for Benjen is in a weakened state north of the wall. Would love it if it was him finding Bran/Bloodraven's cave. He could maybe perform some future role with Bran and co. that would have otherwise been done with Coldhands in the book.

But if its him making it back to Castle Black I wouldnt be upset. With little to no mention of Howland in the show, he may be a likely candidate for Jon knowledge. He could also be present in some sort of catatonic vision of Jon's after FTW. All I know is whatever they do with him is going to be pretty different from what George has planned in the books most likely.

You don't have to be snarky and condescending in your tone, I was just stating that watching this season I feel that D&D have decided to go rogue and make up their own storylines. For example, with regards to the Night's King, GRRM stated that the NK in his books is dead but we have D&D show a character and call him the Night's King. So I wouldn't be surprised (even if it made no logical sense) for D&D to have Benjen show up in Dorne. That being said, I think the idea of Benjen being in Dorne defies all logic and is ridiculous.

Apologizes if you thought it was snarky. Wasn't my intent with ya. Judging tone, on the Internet, is a pain. Just pointing out how illogical it is for Benjen going to Dorne and revealing Jon's parentage.

I think the most realistic appearance for Benjen is in a weakened state north of the wall. Would love it if it was him finding Bran/Bloodraven's cave.

But if its him making it back to Castle Black I wouldnt be upset. All I know is whatever they do with him is going to be pretty different from what George has planned in the books most likely.

When I read a Nutter interview about seeing characters in the finale that we haven't seen for a while, I was hoping that would mean we'd see Bran & Co contrary to the news reports that they were sitting out this season.

You don't have to be snarky and condescending in your tone, I was just stating that watching this season I feel that D&D have decided to go rogue and make up their own storylines. For example, with regards to the Night's King, GRRM stated that the NK in his books is dead but we have D&D show a character and call him the Night's King). So I wouldn't be surprised (even if it made no logical sense) for D&D to have Benjen show up in Dorne.

I agree. That's why it's so difficult for me to make predictions at this point. No matter how contrived, illogical, and unearned, it could very well happen. I'm half expecting Dany to land on the dornish Coast. She may run into Benjen and give him a ride back to the Wall.

Apologizes if you thought it was snarky. Wasn't my intent with ya. Judging tone, on the Internet, is a pain. Just pointing out how illogical it is for Benjen going to Dorne and revealing Jon's parentage.

No harm done. 😀

I agree. That's why it's so difficult for me to make predictions at this point. No matter how contrived, illogical, and unearned, it could very well happen. I'm half expecting Dany to land on the dornish Coast. She may run into Benjen and give him a ride back to the Wall.

LOL

When I read a Nutter interview about seeing characters in the finale that we haven't seen for a while, I was hoping that would mean we'd see Bran & Co contrary to the news reports that they were sitting out this season.

Exactly. People are assuming that because Bran and others were rumored to not be in this season that we wont see them at all. It makes much more sense to me that instead of being a focal point like in the past, that they take a back seat for almost the entire season waiting for other story lines to catch up. Now that we are at the end of DWD material it makes sense that we get either a Benjen finding Bran or perhaps a Bran going into the weirwood network. It would be silly and a very easily avoidable failure to just not show Bran at all this season. The show watchers need to be reminded of whats going on up there. Not to mention it makes sense thematically to show Bran/BR/CotF after the focus on the WWs this season plus its a safe bet that Bran/BR play some sort of role in Jon's immediate future.

Exactly. People are assuming that because Bran and others were rumored to not be in this season that we wont see them at all. It makes much more sense to me that instead of being a focal point like in the past, that they take a back seat for almost the entire season waiting for other story lines to catch up. Now that we are at the end of DWD material it makes sense that we get either a Benjen finding Bran or perhaps a Bran going into the weirwood network. It would be silly and a very easily avoidable failure to just not show Bran at all this season. The show watchers need to be reminded of whats going on up there. Not to mention it makes sense thematically to show Bran/BR/CotF after the focus on the WWs this season plus its a safe bet that Bran/BR play some sort of role in Jon's immediate future.

Pretty sure it was confirmed that they will not be in this season. As in, not at all.

But hey, I'd love it if they were.

My guess (and I have absolutely nothing to back this up, it's just purely-for-fun speculation) is that we'll see a brief shot of Benjen somewhere far, far North of The Wall.

No lines at all, just a shot. Just so we (the viewers) know he's there and can speculate til Season 6.

My reasoning? George has said publicly that we'll see deeper into the far north in upcoming books and since D&D excluded Bran & Co. this year -- this would be a way to kinda lead into that. And of course, the whole R+L=J would make sense coming from Benjen (next year) if they're skipping Howland Reed.

Plus, I feel like with all the characters D&D cut completely, Benjen and his going-missing-storyline could've/would've been an easy, obvious cut from jump (unless they knew they'd need him later for something).

This is really the most likely theory so far. Something like the scene from S04E04, IIRC, when we first saw the WW "making babies".

Pretty sure it was confirmed that they will not be in this season. As in, not at all.

But hey, I'd love it if they were.

Yeah but wouldn't it make sense to report that there will be no Bran this season, if you knew there was only one scene planned for him and in the season finale no less. Especially considering pretty much all story lines (the ones that still resemble their book counterparts anyway) are caught up or past where we leave off in DWD. Say theres no Bran, rather than "yes there will be Bran this season, but not until the end guys!" I dunno I guess i'm just trying to hard to figure out how Benjen its into all this...just wishful thinking on my part.

Archived