NBA Finals 2015 - Lebron vs. The Warriors vs. MJ

Jaime L

The amazing thing is that Cleveland should really be up 3-0 looking to sweep what I thought was a historically great team.

Really in awe of the Cavs right now.

Yup, rather shocking. Their team defense is just incredible right now. I didn't expect this at all.

Dellavedova might be the worst basketball player to ever be a playoff hero. And I love it, this is why playoff basketball is so awesome. He's so bad, and keeps coming up with these ridiculously clutch plays.

The whitest And-1 ever saved the Cavs tonight. Warriors had pulled within 1 after being down 20 and as we saw, Curry was unstoppable the entire 4th quarter. And that was a fucking amazing play by Delladova! Instantly restored all the confidence that had drained from the Cavs in the 4th quarter. Could be a series saving play. Guess we'll see.

For fucks sake, it's been half and hour, can we start game 4 already?!

Be careful what you wish for... If there's a team that could do it, it's the Warriors. And Curry looks to have his shot back.

I just feel invested in this series for the first time. I've felt uneasy since the opening tip of game 1. I think LeBron is really going to pull this off.

Dellavedova might be the worst basketball player to ever be a playoff hero. And I love it, this is why playoff basketball is so awesome. He's so bad, and keeps coming up with these ridiculously clutch plays.

He might be better than Scalabrine

It's going to be a defensive series more than an offensive series, if my prediction is to hold up. I've watched every televised Warriors game this year, and a handful of their games that weren't on television.

The teams that had the most success against the Dubs didn't necessarily prevent Curry from hitting 5 to 8 threes a game. They challenged the way he took his threes, and lived with the results. Shumpert, LeBron, Smith and hopefully Shawn Marion are going to need to keep hands in his face when they can't manage to chase him off the three point line. Don't let him take open threes every time down the court and keep a hand in his face as often as you can. He's great, so he'll get his, but the key is to limit the consistency, bring them down in the shot clock and to rebound.

Speaking of rebounding, that's another huge factor. Tristan Thompson must come up huge on the offensive glass in this series if we are to win, and Golden State absolutely cannot, CANNOT be allowed extra possessions of their own. Cleveland needs to get every single defensive rebound if they want to win. Mozgov has to help outmuscle the oppositions front court, and I think he's up to the task.

On offense, the Cavs must not get into a three point shootout with the Dubs. We must beat them with halfcourt offense and on the fast breaks. Golden State is excellent at recovering on defense, so we must run often and finish every 2 for 1 opportunity. The Dubs cannot be allowed to set up, because their defensive matchups are better than our offensive answers to those matchups. A healthy amount of pick and roll offense should suffice too. The Dubs are great at help defense, and their anchor is Green, so LeBron, our only player strong enough to consistently do it (with the exception of maybe Mozgov) must constantly set screens on him to try to take him out of our possessions.

If the Cavs can do these things, they will be NBA champions. I predict:

Game 1: Dubs 110 Cavs 97

Game 2: Cavs 97 Dubs 90

Game 3: Cavs 111 Dubs 104

Game 4: Dubs 98 Cavs 94

Game 5: Cavs 110 Dubs 103

Game 6: Cavs 120 Dubs 115

Cavs win 4-2.

Everything is going to plan, with the obvious exception of Irving not being there. ESPN just showed a stat of Curry only taking three uncontested shots tonight. That's phenomenal. With the way he and Lee work so well on the screen and roll, rotation defense is gonna be tested very much in game 4. We need to get Shawn Marion in there to have some fresh legs rotating in on Curry.

I hope you're right. :D How are you feeling about Green out there? His effectiveness on defense isn't bad, but it doesn't seem like it's what it was all year.

He kind of lost his shit a little bit tonight. Sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him. And he was horrible on the offensive end.

This is what happens when you spend all season playing bullshit finesse basketball. You have no idea how to react when someone starts slapping you in the mouth. I've got to hand it to the Cavs, they are playing like someone has a gun to their heads.

He is a smug bastard. Smartest guy in the room type of guy

Don;t forget, coaching is like being a fighter pilot. Just give Blatt some aviators and get the fuck out of his way.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-05-11/david-blatt-fighter-pilot-quote-cavaliers-coach-lebron-james-play-call-timeout-nba-playoffs-2015

I just feel invested in this series for the first time. I've felt uneasy since the opening tip of game 1. I think LeBron is really going to pull this off.

Way to jinx it dude. Just keep that uneasy feeling, OK?

Archived