Interesting New Stuff from George

Nobody is complaining that the shows will spoil the books. To be honest, the product of D&D's Fan Fic is so foreign that even if S6 comes out before TWOW (God Forbid) every point will be met with: "Yeah, that's how they did it, but it's not like they haven't taken extreme liberties with the source material before." "I seriously doubt this ever happens, and if it does, it probably doesn't happen like this."

So yeah, not really concerned, although I will continue to say a little prayer every night that TWOW comes out soon.

Oh, I think you're right. Except that I care more about the journey than the ending, with such an enormous story. But anyway, I think the only actual spoiler that bothered people was the Shireen one. Not because it happened on the show, but because they said that it came from GRRM himself. So it was not about watching the show and wondering if the books will mirror that, it was having a confirmation. That is something they should avoid. But yes, it will be impossible in the future. The sixth season may be a problem, and the last one certainly will.

But mostly, we're just having a ton of fun here.

You know why they did that if they didn't can you imagine the hate mail they would get. YOU KILLED SHIREEN SHOOT THEM, stop top stop HE TOLD US.

I am sorry I have no sympathy for Martin he should have known this was going to happen. Going forward if D&D can't tell HIS STORY properly then he can't complain because he didn't finish the books on time and should have thought about the consequences of spoilers before he sold his work.

I haven't heard Mr. Martin complain about this, only fans.

Are people actually blaming D&D for spoiling the books.

Lets retract here go back to the start when Geroge R.R. Martin sold the rights of his books to a TV show did he not know his own writing pace and how long it would take for him to finish his story. Did he think the TV world would wait 20 years for him to finish writing. Actors have other roles to play, Creative teams have other jobs to do, HBO was not going to give money for 15 seasons and even if they wanted to no creative team will make such a long term commitment.

I am sorry I have no sympathy for Martin he should have known this was going to happen. Going forward if D&D can't tell HIS STORY properly then he can't complain because he didn't finish the books on time and should have thought about the consequences of spoilers before he sold his work.

We can complain D&D are not telling the story properly that is a different argument but I think we can't expect them to wait for Martin, this series is finishing in two seasons and it will end before the books are done so everything is going to be spoiled including the most important aspect of any epic series which is THE ENDING.

Do you even realize why we're upset? I understand that they may show things that are not in the books, but that's part of the fun: we don't know if we are being spoiled with TWoW material or if they're just adding stuff that are not in the books. Like Sansa going to Winterfell: is that a show-only story or will it happen in TWoW? No one knows.

If they had shown Shireen being sacrificed without commenting on the scene, no one would know if we are seeing TWoW material or if this is something they did for the show only. But Benioff, being the little coward that he is, had to come out and say that Shireen's sacrifice happens in TWoW so that people blame George, not him. By doing that he pretty much tells us what will happen in TWoW instead of letting us speculate.

The legendary First Man ancestor of the Lannisters, who tricked the Casterlys out of Casterly Rock (accounts vary as to how), stole gold from the sun to brighten his hair, lived to 312, had a hundred sons and a hundred daughters, and various other deeds.

I thought the Lannisters are Andal, no? My impression was that once the Lannisters took over the western part of westeros, they named themselves after Lann the Clever whose descendants were First Men Kings in the area prior to the Andal invasion. I could be way off though.

Me too. I was getting excited about him but it looks like they've just established a leader of the White Walkers and given him a cool name from the books. How boring! He probably won't even have a backstory now or any links to House Stark or the Night's Watch. He is just the 'boss' of the bad guys. I'm really disappointed, I was so invested in the tale of the Night's King from the books. :bang:

The DVD/Blu-Ray for season 3 2 had a featurette entirely devoted to the origins of the Night's King. I doubt that they threw the mythology out the window.

The DVD/Blu-Ray for season 3 had a featurette entirely devoted to the origins of the Night's King. I doubt that they threw the mythology out the window.

Is it any good? And does it relate to the books?

I'll actually be kinda mad if they just named this character the nights king and it isn't the one from old nans tales

Well, plenty of characters are given the same name. Bran isn't the same Bran the Builder. It's not like he's going to tell us his real name I imagine anytime soon. So I could see how easy it would be to give him the Nights King nickname.

Kind of like how any hero who successfully fights off the WW would be called Azor Ahai.

Has Mr.Martin actually said "I told those guys Shireen was to burn?" I know D and D said he did, but with all the characters and story plots he could easily have said something like "Stannis? Yep, he's so wrapped up in the Red Woman he thinks about burning his own daughter. He's a fanatic." The notes from that meeting turn into " Stannis burns his daughter" and there you go, big mistake. I would really really like to hear GRRM actually say that he spoiled his own book, because I do not think he would do it.

Archived