Interesting New Stuff from George

I read once that George said he finds that when he knows how a story ends he is less interested in writing it... When he sold the rights to the sotry and had to tell at least a basic outline of things to come to Dan and Dave, did that kill the series? Could people giving up on mysteries (R+L=J) that will shortly be answered be the final nail?

If so then GOT the TV show could have killed ASOIAF the books...

There ya' go - you get it. But we shouldn't blame the show, coz GRRM sold the books. The (slow writing) author killed his own series by selling it, simple as that.

Well he killed it and gave it life at the same time. Albeit it a different life, but a much bigger one than it would have ever had.

I really do hope he finishes it, and manages to wrest control of the narrative to give it that sleek, fast, perfect pace of aGoT. And let's face it, he can do the endgame *way* better than the show because of CGI budgets.

Is Tyrion going to ride a dragon? Is HBO going to be able to pull that off?

Just because someone doesn't know that critical reviews agree that the last two books are worse than the first three doesn't mean they've been living in a bubble.

Some people don't dedicate their lives to reading books reviews, and most of us don't care whether other people like something, it's a matter of taste.

I don't see why you have to insult someone because they have a different opinion than you; though I recognize that these statistics people are bringing out are being misinterpreted by those posting them.

I think we need to bring the irritation level down a notch from all sides. Now, let's all go sit in front of our TV's, we have a finale to watch.

4) Cersei is the same mostly.

The only thing showCersei and bookCersei have in common is that both of them have a vagina. But showCersei doesn't hate hers as much as bookCersei. Besides that, there is not one single thing they are similar.

About Tyrion and Dany meeting, why is better? Because they meet? Yeah. What if they all drop dead and Jon sits on the throne. I mean, it probably will happen in the books, so, it's better.

We understand that many people is pissed because Martin is taking forever. But after this season, I rather wait. He's not going to die tomorrow nor I will. I can wait. It's not like, he's providing me with insulin that I will die if he does not hurry, I definitely can wait for him to do a better job. I would rather wait for one more year, or two or three and have a fulfilling natural and fluid meeting between the both of them instead of that travesty we saw before in which both character feel like they were forced with knives to seat next to each other and talk forced lines in a very obviously forced situation.

Just because someone doesn't know that critical reviews agree that the last two books are worse than the first three doesn't mean they've been living in a bubble.

Some people don't dedicate their lives to reading books reviews, and most of us don't care whether other people like something, it's a matter of taste.

I don't see why you have to insult someone because they have a different opinion than you; though I recognize that these statistics people are bringing out are being misinterpreted by those posting them.

I think we need to bring the irritation level down a notch from all sides. Now, let's all go sit in front of our TV's, we have a finale to watch.

If that was an insult, then so was claiming I dedicate my life to reading book reviews. This is information that is well known, widely accepted, and even on wikipedia, so living in a bubble seems fair. Not an insult. Not saying they are wrong (there are many good things about the books, and plenty of people articulate why they like them so much, which is understandable). Not saying they are crazy.

I'll turn it down a notch. :cheers:

Jon Con,

Tyrion not meeting Dany in ADwD was ridiculous. 1000 pages, an extended boring travelogue, and no pay off. For all of you who claim that D&D troll fans, that was just the worst kind of trolling. (And apparently they don't meet for a good amount of the *next* book!!)

I thought Dany and Tyrion scenes were decent in the show. Certainly not awful. Tywin and Arya scenes in Season 2 were bomb. Show does some things well, some things poorly. Same with books. To each their own.

I agree wholeheartedly, the people complaining just need to learn some patience.

If your life revolves around getting TWOW then go cryogenically freeze yourselves. I feel like many people are indirectly saying "Oh my God he's so old, he will never finish." He's 67 people, calm down.

And now you have me irritated.

I have never searched for critical reviews of AFFC or ADWD. I try not to let society dictate my taste.

If people only did what was popular we wouldn't have mainstream fantasy at all. Or science fiction. Or many of the other great genres that used to be popular within a minority.

I appreciate the books even more and have begun to view the show as a seperate telling to a story. I rather GRRM tell a good story instead of rushing them out. I still do not like the Sansa TV Story, or "FANSA", too much victimization on that one particular character compared to other POVs.

Victarion would not have been cut if his dragon horn were working as he is expecting and he were to bind a dragon with it.

The story of Arianne Martell's nipples was given to Tyene.

That deep literary analysis of Arianne Martell's character tells me all I need to know about how pointless this discussion is going to be.

N

I think you're missing the point. It is a *very* broad point. The particulars of getting to the endgame aren't as important as the endgame. What we can surmise is that Sansa will have something to do with the endgame, because she's included in both show and books quite heavily. We can also conclude that Quentyn will not have much to do with the endgame. You're drilling down into specifics, and no one is claiming that everything that happens in the show will happen in the books (hasn't been the case since at least season 2). This is a basic misunderstanding you have. We are simply saying that this idea can be used to try to figure some broad things out.

For instance, if attempting to understand whether wall will come down, we could say that the Horn of Joramun has been featured in both so it *might* be the culprit. If discussing how the dragons will be tamed, we could say perhaps Victarion isn't going to have success with his horn, because he's been cut from the show altogether. These are broad, broad strokes and have nothing to do with justifying the particulars of either the book or the show but rather using them as a guide to see if we can deduce what the endgame will entail.

If all that matters is the endgame, then why on earth did they bother with Ned, Robert, Robb, Tywin, Joffrey, Catelyn, Oberyn, Lysa, etc?

In fact, why not just skip the first six books and cut straight to an adaptation of A Dream of Spring?

I thought Dany and Tyrion scenes were decent in the show. Certainly not awful. Tywin and Arya scenes in Season 2 were bomb. Show does some things well, some things poorly. Same with books. To each their own.

Rewatching season 2 I thought Tywin and Arya scenes were repetitive, pointless and wasteful. And of course packed with their usual Lannister's fetish and whitewashing.

There is a real chance that between D&D and GRRM they don't have a good ending. There is a chance that GRRM is just a glorified Damon Lindelof, who can write cool introductions and ideas but has no fucking idea where it is going or what point he is trying to make. I prefer to embrace the possibility that GoTs and ASoIaF will end shit now, so that I am happily surprised if it ends well :)

I think the only actual spoiler that bothered people was the Shireen one. Not because it happened on the show, but because they said that it came from GRRM himself. So it was not about watching the show and wondering if the books will mirror that, it was having a confirmation.

First off, are they suppose to take credit for coming up with an idea that wasn't there own? I don't think GRRM or D&D have ever taken credit for something that the other party has taken care of.

I don't think things will go down the same way they went down in the show... but we got a few years to debate that before the book comes out right?

Leaked script seems to fake. On the reddit thread, there are several inconsistencies noted with official material vs. leaked script. Also, the previously on has been released on an official television site in Austria and it does not include what one would expect if the leaked script is real, and includes something momentous that wasn't in the leaked script.

The script originates from one user on IMDB. It has happened for previous seasons, summer child. Someone garnering a lot of attention by making an awesome fanfic script that closely mirrors AFFC and ADWD endings. Not very reliable.

Please don't hold this over my head lol, but you were right...I won't fall for that again. I'm done with the show.

and /

Archived