(Spoilers All) The True King

You know guys that Stannis is above everything a literary creation and this adaptation hasn't even come closer to pay any respect to the original source, right? Characters aren't people. They are symbols for something. They exist to make a point. Whatever point D&D tried to make with Stannis is definitely not the same as GRRM's. Why even bother?

I mean... do they even confirm in any way that he's dead? In that inside the episode all they say is that he tells Brienne to do her duty, and that she should get it over with... I dunno, either way Stannis is done, he's got no army... what's Brienne just going to have him tag along in the quest to save the Starks... ha, nope.

I mean... do they even confirm in any way that he's dead? In that inside the episode all they say is that he tells Brienne to do her duty, and that she should get it over with... I dunno, either way Stannis is done, he's got no army... what's Brienne just going to have him tag along in the quest to save the Starks... ha, nope.

Exactly, there is literally no use of Stannis. He cant be tagging along brienne and shouting justice and duty from village to village.

As a Stannis fan in denial. They have gone far from the books of course. Stannis saved his life when he said "do your duty" her duty is to the Starks she has no right to kill Stannis. She stopped herself. The vale is coming as are the Umbers. Stannis is not dead damnit. Don't call it a comeback. I hate life right now. He's dead I know it

I was one of the staunchest supporters of D&D. And I never liked Stannis much either.

However, I have to admit that this was the worst character rape ever. Stannis defeated by Ramsay in an off-screen battle? Looks like the Northerners don't remember much in the TV show.

Archived