(Spoilers All) The True King

I watched with two shameful Unsullied. They both thought that Stannis was completely and unambiguously killed. I myself completely appreciate that this may be the likeliest outcome, but I think the scene seemed purposefully unclear, and I think they're crazy for thinking that it was 100%.

I think everyone was expecting Stannis to die, so when Brienne slashed him it was just confirmation of what we already assumed. I mean, yeah, we didn't see his head roll on the ground, but what's the point? The show is rushing through the books like Speedy Gonzalez on crack, Stannis's arc is done, why would the show waste any more time on him?

It's not like FTW, where people need to see Jon lying dead in a puddle of his own blood or no one would believe it. Hell, some people still don't.

He might stick around longer than I expected, but he's still not going to be involved in the endgame. This episode has pretty much confirmed that.

I think it confirms he will never seat on the Iron Throne. That doesn't mean he won't be important, though. I'm sure he will play an important role.

All aboard the Greyjoy Hype Train.

Well, considering they're casting Euron next season and he's a rapist and sexually abused his own brothers, he will be the hero of the next season :dunno:

I think we are meant to believe he is dead but he obviously isn't. Everything about that scene lead me to believe she spared his life. Him telling her to do her duty reminded her that she was obsessed with fulfilling an oath to a dead man she pledged years ago that serves no purpose, and that she she should be fulfilling her more recent oath to Catlin Stark by saving Sansa. An oath that does still serve purpose. I could see Stannis being left out of season 6, and come back season 7 with an army of Northern lords, wildlings or possibly The Vale rallied behind him to take the throne, or fight the Others, Maybe Mel's visions are true and Stannis will still sit the Iron Throne..this was just a turn he had to take to get there. Unless Thoros is making an appearance soon, Melisandre is the one likely to bring Jon back to life (or Jon stays dead, or becomes a zombie, both outcomes I am okay with) so there has to be some truth to her god and visions for that to happen. And plus, Stannis still has to pay back the Iron Bank, so he has to hold on a little longer to do so. A true king pays his debts :)

Stannis the Mannis = Epic Fail

The whole lord of the light, killing of Renly, Shireen, errything, for naught. The worst storyline in the history of television. At least that is something. Congrats DDGRRM!

Folks this could be a misdirection. As some people on reddit pointed out.

We don't see Stannis die, but Stannis is actually dead.

We see Jon die, but well he is not truly out of the story.

That isn't a certainty. His fate is the same in the books and is most likely dead, But because he is a main, well liked character with great speculations and huge questions about his character that are left unanswered, everyone assumes that he will live (mostly because they wish it), but it could very well go the opposite direction. Kit Harrington will be casted in season 6, as Charles Dance was casted this season, to play his characters corpse in the first episode.

Stannis the Mannis = Epic Fail

The whole lord of the light, killing of Renly, Shireen, errything, for naught. The worst storyline in the history of television. At least that is something. Congrats DDGRRM!

It was a great storyline. It was a bad storyline because he failed? Was it a bad storyline when he failed at Blackwater? Hell, what was the point of Oberyn's death? Same thing.

he is definitly said the HBO website says he was killed

I think we are meant to believe he is dead but he obviously isn't. Everything about that scene lead me to believe she spared his life. Him telling her to do her duty reminded her that she was obsessed with fulfilling an oath to a dead man she pledged years ago that serves no purpose, and that she she should be fulfilling her more recent oath to Catlin Stark by saving Sansa. An oath that does still serve purpose. I could see Stannis being left out of season 6, and come back season 7 with an army of Northern lords, wildlings or possibly The Vale rallied behind him to take the throne, or fight the Others, Maybe Mel's visions are true and Stannis will still sit the Iron Throne..this was just a turn he had to take to get there. Unless Thoros is making an appearance soon, Melisandre is the one likely to bring Jon back to life (or Jon stays dead, or becomes a zombie, both outcomes I am okay with) so there has to be some truth to her god and visions for that to happen. And plus, Stannis still has to pay back the Iron Bank, so he has to hold on a little longer to do so. A true king pays his debts :)

Stannis is definitly dead. Honestly, the scene wasn't ambiguous in the slightest and the hbo website

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-5/episode-10/people

says

Stannis was killed outside of Winterfell by Brienne of Tarth, who wished to avenge Renly's death.

It was a great storyline. It was a bad storyline because he failed? Was it a bad storyline when he failed at Blackwater? Hell, what was the point of Oberyn's death? Same thing.

The whole Stannis storyline is completely pointless. Lord of the Light, completely pointless. Ending of Stannis, dumbest most inconsistent storyline. Here is a king, military dude who marched beyond the wall but leaves the wall to attack Boltons only to get stuck in the middle of North without food because Ramsay infiltrated the camp and burned the food. Sets his daughter on bonfire to appease Lord of the Light, his wife hangs herself, half of his troops defect, and depleted without any reconnaissance, he attacks Boltons only to get annihilated. Absolute fool, absolute waste of a storyline. Nothing like Oberyn, who died in a duel.

HBO would say he was killed if he wasn't though, because that's how it was suppose to look. If Stannis were to return I am sure HBO would want to preserve the element of surprise by keeping the illusion with their viewers that he is dead. Otherwise what I am getting is that HBO doesn't have it in their budget to show a head roll off a body (which they do)..in which case she could have stabbed him in the heart instead. But no, they cut the death entirely. The death of the man who had his daughter burned alive..one character who most viewers, and even D&D, wanted to SEE die. Since we did not, he probably did not. A character like that would not get an offscreen death.

HBO would say he was killed if he wasn't though, because that's how it was suppose to look. If Stannis were to return I am sure HBO would want to preserve the element of surprise by keeping the illusion with their viewers that he is dead. Otherwise what I am getting is that HBO doesn't have it in their budget to show a head roll off a body (which they do)..in which case she could have stabbed him in the heart instead. But no, they cut the death entirely. The death of the man who had his daughter burned alive..one character who most viewers, and even D&D, wanted to SEE die. Since we did not, he probably did not. A character like that would not get an offscreen death.

at some point a person is disillusion enough that any amount of evident facts while not win them over. They are too far divorced from reality and rational intelligent thought.

I'm talking about stannis. not about you

With Stannis reminding Brienne to do her duty could it remind her that she could also offer him to take the black? If Jon is to leave the NW they will be in need of a new LC.

Probably not likely but could be a possible outcome.

Archived