Your most memorable villainous moments in video game

Shot some new Whiterun guard recruit in the leg with my Daedric Bow by accident.

IMO if you do something by accident it isn't villainous. Villainy requires deliberate act, even if the person doesn't think they're being a villain.

When Joel killed those doctors in "The Last of Us".

Well technically it wasn't *me* as the game forces you do so (playing as a predefined character and all), but its still you pulling the trigger... or in this case, pressing the button.

When Joel killed those doctors in "The Last of Us".

Well technically it wasn't *me* as the game forces you do so (playing as a predefined character and all), but its still you pulling the trigger... or in this case, pressing the button.

Nah, fuck em. They were willing to cut a little girl's brain out whilst she was still alive in the vague hope that it would lead to some sort of insight.

The ending as a whole was pretty villainous though.

That's why elective succession is the best succession. You don't need to commit mass infanticide and, more importantly, a sudden illness won't completely screw up your plans and have your raving lunatic uncle become heir.

That is, if your vassals behave and actually elect the heir you want, which becomes a massive pain in the ass once your empire becomes too big.

She did make an awful lot of sense sometimes. That research penalty was bitch though. But I never thought Morgan or Deirdre were evil either, even though they tended to be opposites. Though being a sci fi kind of guy, I was always partial to Morgan's 'Planet's primary, Alpha Centauri A, emits unimaginable quantities of power, and nearly every joule of it is wasted entirely' quote. (That's from memory, sans google, but damn it was great when you get the orbital satellites up and running.)

Morgan's complete disregard for anyone else but himself makes him villainous in my eyes. His goal is to amass riches/power, and pretty much only that. Fuck Planet, and fuck the future generations, I am the only one that matters here.

Deidre's usage of mindworms is also evil as fuck, man. They are a inhumane bioweapon more disturbing than anything else in the game, and it's implied she uses them covertly on innocent settlements, without taking responsibility for the attacks as to save herself the trouble of a diplomatic incident.

No need to explain why Santiago's extreme social darwinism counts as villainy, or Zakharov's lack of ethics in his research, or Yang's complete dismissal of the self.

As far as I am concerned, morality wise, the leaders go from best to worst: Lal > Miriam > (Zakharov, Santiago, Morgan, Deidre) > Yang.

Kratos's villainy is all pretty much mandated by the gameplay, but one moment does stand out - the bit where you have to stick a nearby injured bloke on a conveyer belt so his body will jam up the Grinding Wheels of Death and you can get through the gate. :lol: <-- muahaha

The aforementioned Sif from Dark Souls. Not just because of the cut scene and how you helped each other previously; but also if you damage him enough then back off he starts limping and failing his attacks. It's literally the saddest thing I've seen in a video game.

Archived