Where will Theon and Sansa run to since Stannis has fallen (most likely anyway)?

The Lash

There is a lot of foreshadowing with the crypts. If Briene is not there to see them on foot, they have to think fast.

Lot of foreshadow, and I think she needs to be in WF to rally the North, I'm sure the word is out that a Stark is in Winterfell, how they come together is the question, and if they are intent on Sansa and LF meeting again this could be the way, she would also be able to open the gates to LF if needed.

Another thing, maybe if Sansa is walking around in the crypts she finds hidden passages and she learns some secrets about LF.

I am thinking Brienne might have a run-in with those dogs. In the books her face gets totally wrecked by Rorge I think it was. In the show it is looking likely that her face will be wrecked fighting off Ramsay's dogs.

That is a possibility.

The Myranda line to Sansa about what a body looks like after dogs finish it is somewhat foreshadowing.

Lot of foreshadow, and I think she needs to be in WF to rally the North, I'm sure the word is out that a Stark is in Winterfell, how they come together is the question, and if they are intent on Sansa and LF meeting again this could be the way, she would also be able to open the gates to LF if needed.

Another thing, maybe if Sansa is walking around in the crypts she finds hidden passages and she learns some secrets about LF.

On the contrary, it is impossible to rally the North from Winterfell. You can't build a political alliance while cowering in a basement. Whether some people know she's there, the only support she is actually aware of is one old woman, who is dead. Hanging around and hoping others just spontaneously come and defeat the Boltons is suicide.

There is no time to be exploring the crypts, when she's running for her life. Not to mention, nothing indicates Sansa has any real knowledge of the crypts (the book version doesn't appear to), and I don't see how she would even get back inside.

What exactly would Sansa learn about Littlefinger in Winterfell?

I am thinking Brienne might have a run-in with those dogs. In the books her face gets totally wrecked by Rorge I think it was. In the show it is looking likely that her face will be wrecked fighting off Ramsay's dogs.

The show doesn't like to make its cast members, and especially its female cast members, look unattractive, so I'd say the likelihood of Brienne getting her face disfigured is virtually nil.

On the contrary, it is impossible to rally the North from Winterfell. You can't build a political alliance while cowering in a basement. Whether some people know she's there, the only support she is actually aware of is one old woman, who is dead. Hanging around and hoping others just spontaneously come and defeat the Boltons is suicide.

There is no time to be exploring the crypts, when she's running for her life. Not to mention, nothing indicates Sansa has any real knowledge of the crypts (the book version doesn't appear to), and I don't see how she would even get back inside.

The show doesn't like to make its cast members, and especially its female cast members, look unattractive, so I'd say the likelihood of Brienne getting her face disfigured is virtually nil.

Somebody will, Pod perhaps, I do not want that as he is a good young guy and loyal. Then again, deserve has nothing to do with it.

Why? I can't see any imperative that that happen.

The foreshadowing of those Dogs when Sansa was walking past the kennels. Those dogs wanted to tear her to peices. Also in the books, Ramsay's dogs are mentioned as having been trained to hunt wolves too. However, they have never encountered a Direwolf, nor two of them together. I am getting ahead of myself there but Ghost and Shaggy Dog, the white and black Direwolves may, just may do some teamup stuff next season.

Unless Brienne is bringing horses and the snow restarts, they can't out run the dogs or hunter, they need to outsmart them instead, how much knowledge she has of the crypts is valid, but there are indications in book that she's been down there a number of times, not just when Jon and Robb spooked the others.

Also if they go through the Godswood maybe Bran can "talk" to her or Theon and guide them to an entrence nearby.

I think the scene where Brienne is questioning the male villager is indication that the North knows, at least closes to WF, I also said earlier that they could double back and the villagers could hide them or get them out.

^Brienne having a run-in with the dogs does not depend on her actually getting mauled by them. Whether she does or not is not really the point. However I disagree on the show not making characters unattractive. Nicolai and Gemma look much better in real life than in show make-up even though their characters are both attractive in the books, for Arya we got a girl who was picked for her mischievous grin, intensity and sincerity not her looks, and while Lena is a lovely woman, she is clearly not the most beautiful actress in the world but was picked for her ability to portray Cersei the way D&D wanted her.

However I suspect Brienne having her face destroyed may be part of GRRM's role for her. If there is some kind of romantic undertone to her relationship with Jamie then her being ugly and how he reacts to that when they meet again is part of their story.

I thought more about the ending scene with Sansa and Theon an I cannot help but say that Briene and Pod are already intertwined with them. The way Stanni's supposed death scene was cut reminds me of the book where Briene at the last second before her "incident" screams a word that changes the situation. I would not be surprised if it cuts back to the scene where Stannis tells Briene to do her duty and she swings the sword but this time, Pod is running towards her screaming a word "candle" and this time, Briene pulls her sword or swings differently, Stannis is either spared and left or something else and this causes her and Pod to go back and look for Sansa near Winterfell.

So, based on news that Sophie Turner is already filming but not with Alfie, and also many people said that Alfie is already back in London, I speculating Theon will die early in the next season. Maybe Sansa will be found by the northern lords thus, start the north conspiracy?

The foreshadowing of those Dogs when Sansa was walking past the kennels. Those dogs wanted to tear her to peices. 

How is the dogs barking at Sansa foreshadowing that they'll hurt some other character?  Moreover, the point of the dogs in that scene was first and foremost as atmosphere.

Unless Brienne is bringing horses and the snow restarts, they can't out run the dogs or hunter, they need to outsmart them instead, how much knowledge she has of the crypts is valid, but there are indications in book that she's been down there a number of times, not just when Jon and Robb spooked the others.

Also if they go through the Godswood maybe Bran can "talk" to her or Theon and guide them to an entrence nearby.

I think the scene where Brienne is questioning the male villager is indication that the North knows, at least closes to WF, I also said earlier that they could double back and the villagers could hide them or get them out.

They've already left the castle.  How and why would they get back in to go through the Godswood?  And while I agree they can't realistically outrun pursuit, the show will have them do whatever the plot requires them to do.

^Brienne having a run-in with the dogs does not depend on her actually getting mauled by them. Whether she does or not is not really the point. However I disagree on the show not making characters unattractive. Nicolai and Gemma look much better in real life than in show make-up even though their characters are both attractive in the books, for Arya we got a girl who was picked for her mischievous grin, intensity and sincerity not her looks, and while Lena is a lovely woman, she is clearly not the most beautiful actress in the world but was picked for her ability to portray Cersei the way D&D wanted her.

However I suspect Brienne having her face destroyed may be part of GRRM's role for her. If there is some kind of romantic undertone to her relationship with Jamie then her being ugly and how he reacts to that when they meet again is part of their story.

Casting some actors who aren't as attractive as the book versions of the characters isn't the same thing as avoiding making their actors physically unattractive (and the number of actors who are less attractive than the book versions are greatly eclipsed by the number who are more attractive).  Tyrion got an unremarkable scar instead of losing his nose (even if they didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a nose effect, they could have given him a more grisly injury); Theon as Reek is basically the same in physical appearance, to the point where if he gets some nice clothes and stops acting like a trauma victim you wouldn't be able to tell the difference; even Sansa this season, when being imprisoned and brutally raped every night, still had perfect makeup and no facial injuries.

How is the dogs barking at Sansa foreshadowing that they'll hurt some other character?  Moreover, the point of the dogs in that scene was first and foremost as atmosphere.

Just a hint but honestly, it is one of many just speculative stabbs. The could do a number of things. Fun to guess at it though.

They've already left the castle.  How and why would they get back in to go through the Godswood?  And while I agree they can't realistically outrun pursuit, the show will have them do whatever the plot requires them to do.

Casting some actors who aren't as attractive as the book versions of the characters isn't the same thing as avoiding making their actors physically unattractive (and the number of actors who are less attractive than the book versions are greatly eclipsed by the number who are more attractive).  Tyrion got an unremarkable scar instead of losing his nose (even if they didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a nose effect, they could have given him a more grisly injury); Theon as Reek is basically the same in physical appearance, to the point where if he gets some nice clothes and stops acting like a trauma victim you wouldn't be able to tell the difference; even Sansa this season, when being imprisoned and brutally raped every night, still had perfect makeup and no facial injuries.

Reek in the books was the same. If he were not he would not have been able to pose as Theon to trick the Ironborn. Sansa possibly should have had some more obvious signs of her abuse, sure, but I don't think we really needed more obvious reminders that her situation was shitty. If she had been covered in facial bruises the people screaming that her being put in this position in the show somehow took her strength away and made her weak just would have been even louder (I profoundly disagree that being in a shitty situation makes a character weak, in fact this common argument disgusts me because the implication is that we should consider all abused women to be weak, rather than strong for surviving their ordeal).

I profoundly disagree that being in a shitty situation makes a character weak, in fact this common argument disgusts me because the implication is that we should consider all abused women to be weak, rather than strong for surviving their ordeal.

In lieu of a Like or otherwise button of praise, I only have this choice: to quote you.

Reek in the books was the same. If he were not he would not have been able to pose as Theon to trick the Ironborn. Sansa possibly should have had some more obvious signs of her abuse, sure, but I don't think we really needed more obvious reminders that her situation was shitty. If she had been covered in facial bruises the people screaming that her being put in this position in the show somehow took her strength away and made her weak just would have been even louder (I profoundly disagree that being in a shitty situation makes a character weak, in fact this common argument disgusts me because the implication is that we should consider all abused women People to be weak, rather than strong for surviving their ordeal).

I totally agree, except  I needed to change one word to make it truly correct, since Theon also managed to survive and remember his name.

Well, Sansa learned that Jon is Lord Commander so I think she'll head to Castle Black.

What will Mel or Davos do as they are currently at the wall?

Will Davos make it his mission to protect Sansa?

I think Davos might be sent to find her brothers, puts him back on book track, Sansa has a sworn sword already in Brienne and Podrick.

Archived