Where will Theon and Sansa run to since Stannis has fallen (most likely anyway)?

The Lash

I'm very interested to see how the Sansa and Theon / Reek story will play out, that's if they are even alive. Chances are, yes. Winterfell is one of the first places to be affected by winter, so it's snow will be very deep. But all things considered, I think Sansa will go to the Wall, as she knows Jon is there (But she of course won't know he is [dead].) When she arrived I believe that the NW will welcome her, but not tell her about Jon, and they will tell the Northern Lords of her location after she has told them about the Boltons. After this, I believe they will rally behind her and make her the Queen in the North, and build an army to take on the Boltons. As strange as it sounds this could help their relationship with Dorne, (and possibly the Tyrells) as they despise the Lannisters, who the Boltons seem to work with.

But that's just my opinion, and this is all just speculation. I hope this doesn't happen, and that we see some nice twists in their story.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Why would the Night's Watchmen that just got through killing her brother side with her on anything?

Though there's less than 50 of them, anyway.

Allister Thorne and the rest of the Night's watch know what is going on in Kings' Landing and probably know that Sansa is wanted by the crown, they either would keep her for rape fodder or offer her to whoever could benefit them the most.

Allister Thorne and the rest of the Night's watch know what is going on in Kings' Landing and probably know that Sansa is wanted by the crown, they either would keep her for rape fodder or offer her to whoever could benefit them the most.

They would hand her straight back to Ramsay because he will attack them if they don't. That much is obvious.

They would hand her straight back to Ramsay because he will attack them if they don't. That much is obvious.

Better point yet and since Sansa probably does not know that Jon was assasinated, she is most likely heading into another dangerous situation if she gets to the wall but I think Mel and Davos, Briene and Pod will most likely prevent this. Hell, she may end up spending all of Season 6 on the run, hiding here and there hoping to find a sanctuary somewhere.

Well if they go to the wall, it'll give Mel a chance to burn Theon (King's blood) to aid in resurrecting Jon. They might try to make it his redemption or something.

Theon is not from "kings blood" he's from a lord who viewed himself as a king.

At least from what the TV series wants us to believe. I've yet to read the books. Plan on doing so rather soon.

If the reports are true that it is stunning moment after stunning moment and .last season seemed rushed, this season could be break neck paced. Wherever Sansa goes, it will most likely not be for long.

I think last season was seen by the show as a necessary rushing through of two long slog developmental books to make sure they had time for all the important stuff in the last two books. For those who read those two books the season felt rushed, but unsullied viewers thought the season was really slow up until Hardhome. The contrast was really funny to see. I would say that whatever you think of particular moves the show made in season 5, the decision to rush through the material is justified by this unsullied versus sullied perception contrast. They could not afford more than one season of slow development without losing unsullied viewers, while sullied viewers have been nitpicking everything they do since the start anyway.

I think last season was seen by the show as a necessary rushing through of two long slog developmental books to make sure they had time for all the important stuff in the last two books. For those who read those two books the season felt rushed, but unsullied viewers thought the season was really slow up until Hardhome. The contrast was really funny to see. I would say that whatever you think of particular moves the show made in season 5, the decision to rush through the material is justified by this unsullied versus sullied perception contrast. They could not afford more than one season of slow development without losing unsullied viewers, while sullied viewers have been nitpicking everything they do since the start anyway.

Now that they will have 3 seasons left to cover the next and final two books, it gives them 1 1/2 seasons for each expected book. Curiosity is making this very fun to anticipate.

Without knowing whats in the last two books its hard to say whether they were in a rush to get to them or not. I'm assuming yes, I've always been under the impression Feast and Dragons were setup books, building to the main storylines in the later books, or at least I HOPED they did, as it would be hard to take if any more of those books continued in that vein.

Yes most unsullied people I watched it with, and friends I know, found the beginning half of this season incredibly slow and boring, yet really enjoyed the last couple of episodes. In some ways it may have been better to rush even more, push the story even further ahead.

Without knowing whats in the last two books its hard to say whether they were in a rush to get to them or not. I'm assuming yes, I've always been under the impression Feast and Dragons were setup books, building to the main storylines in the later books, or at least I HOPED they did, as it would be hard to take if any more of those books continued in that vein.

Yes most unsullied people I watched it with, and friends I know, found the beginning half of this season incredibly slow and boring, yet really enjoyed the last couple of episodes. In some ways it may have been better to rush even more, push the story even further ahead.

By the end of Dance, which converged FEAST-DANCE and the sample chapters, the expectations for TWOW are very high, as in the show, the multiple cliffhangers at the end of season 5, season 6 will have very high expectations as well.

I could see the show having them go to littlefinger. Littlefinger just gets more and more power so what better then to have theon fall into his lap and try to make an alliance with the iron born. Just I time to introduce a certain pirate with blue lips

The Ironborn storyline is really intriguing to me. My previous prediction of where it was headed is likely incorrect: I had thought there was a great deal setting up a future alliance between Stannis and the Ironborn rebels under Asha/Yara. But with Stannis already dead in the show, that looks extremely unlikely.

So the notion that the Ironborn rebels link up with Littlefinger instead is interesting, though hard to figure out exacrly how it comes about. What we know is that Yara's failure to rescue her brother will have consequences for her. Perhaps the consequence is that she loses the Kingsmoot because of it, or maybe there is no Kingsmoot and it is a simple matter of Balon deciding Euron is his heir instead of Yara. In the show if there is no Victarion there is no need to tell the story of Euron's exhile. He may instead have just been away pirating.
So after this Yara returns to the North because she has nowhere else to use as base?

The Ironborn storyline is really intriguing to me. My previous prediction of where it was headed is likely incorrect: I had thought there was a great deal setting up a future alliance between Stannis and the Ironborn rebels under Asha/Yara. But with Stannis already dead in the show, that looks extremely unlikely.

So the notion that the Ironborn rebels link up with Littlefinger instead is interesting, though hard to figure out exacrly how it comes about. What we know is that Yara's failure to rescue her brother will have consequences for her. Perhaps the consequence is that she loses the Kingsmoot because of it, or maybe there is no Kingsmoot and it is a simple matter of Balon deciding Euron is his heir instead of Yara. In the show if there is no Victarion there is no need to tell the story of Euron's exhile. He may instead have just been away pirating.
So after this Yara returns to the North because she has nowhere else to use as base?

I assume that Yara after retreating from the dreadfort and shirtless Ramsay, either went back to Pyke or and it is not clear on the show, if the iron Born hold Deepwood Moat or anywhere else in the North.  I am starting to assume they do not. Perhaps the iron Born will attack the Reach next season as Sam is headed that way so there is someone there we are "invested in" as well as maybe Arya if Sam's ship stops in Oldtown.

Unfortunately I doubt they will stumble across a time machine and transport back to before the season 5 mess of Sansa's story happened...shame...

Logically and logistically, heading north for the night's watch would be their best and most sensible option...but in magical TV land, there is currently little plot purpose or investment in the character's remaining in the NW whilst Jon remains 'dead' for the Sansa/Theon journey for the NW to make watchable TV.

My guess is that they will bump into Brienne the walking Satnav who also seems to be suffering a similar predicament of being so far away from her original story that unfortunately Brienne has no connection or relevance to the characters currently around her in the north (apart from Sansa). 

There is also the unresolved Sansa/Littlefinger situation which will need to come to a head at some point. 

Unfortunately I doubt they will stumble across a time machine and transport back to before the season 5 mess of Sansa's story happened...shame...

Logically and logistically, heading north for the night's watch would be their best and most sensible option...but in magical TV land, there is currently little plot purpose or investment in the character's remaining in the NW whilst Jon remains 'dead' for the Sansa/Theon journey for the NW to make watchable TV.

My guess is that they will bump into Brienne the walking Satnav who also seems to be suffering a similar predicament of being so far away from her original story that unfortunately Brienne has no connection or relevance to the characters currently around her in the north (apart from Sansa). 

There is also the unresolved Sansa/Littlefinger situation which will need to come to a head at some point. 

She goes North or South. Toward the wall and she thinks Jon, or Briene can take her around Moat Cailin on the "shortcut" and down into the Riverlands. Then again, they are controlled by Freys. Lets face it, on the show, there are no known safe places for Starks as their supporters are not running around waiving their banners, jumping up and down.

Well. Since Riverrun hasn't been taken in the show, Brienne might as well bring her there...

Yep, Riverrun as far as we know is being held and since the Blackfish escaped the Red Wedding that is most likely where he is. I have not heard of the actor being recast or him back as of yet.

Yep, Riverrun as far as we know is being held and since the Blackfish escaped the Red Wedding that is most likely where he is. I have not heard of the actor being recast or him back as of yet.

No, when discussing where to investigate in Season 4 Brienne simply stated that "Walder Frey is Lord of Riverrun now", in a manner that indicates he already possesses the castle, because if he didn't there would be no reason to rule out going to Riverrun on that basis.

Since the show is now largely caught up with TWOW, and the Blackfish is more or less where we left off with him in TWOW (on the run), there's really no reason to go to Riverrun.

No, when discussing where to investigate in Season 4 Brienne simply stated that "Walder Frey is Lord of Riverrun now", in a manner that indicates he already possesses the castle, because if he didn't there would be no reason to rule out going to Riverrun on that basis.

Since the show is now largely caught up with TWOW, and the Blackfish is more or less where we left off with him in TWOW (on the run), there's really no reason to go to Riverrun.

I agree, no point to do that in the show. It wouldn't make sense since the war was declared over quite a long time ago and the Riverlands have been shown as a devastated and lawless place full of predatory ex-soldiers with nothing left to do but terrorize.

I look forward to finding out where Blackfish went!

Archived