Dany AND Stannis love

I thought this thread was about the possibility of Dany and Stannis falling in love. I'm very disappointed now. Those two crazy kids are made for each other!

I could only imagine such a marriage, especially when they argue.

Dany: This wouldn't have happened if your brother didn't kill my brother.
Stannis: He wouldn't had to if your brother didn't kidnapped my brother's fiancé
Dany: Is it my brother's fault the Stark girl was repulsed by your brother?
Stannis: Well I can't fault her for that.

I like them both, and I find them both very easy to empathize with. Actually, I think they have (relatively) many common qualities.

But I find some of Dany's supporting characters and parts of Essos setting cringeworthy, so Stannis is in my top 5, while she is in top 10 characters.

It is certainly possible. Dany isn't my favorite character, but I like her. Stannis, while I dislike him, maybe not as much as it would seem from my posts. I have major issues with him, but take away his Red Witch, I would absolutely want him on my Small Counsil and/or a general leading an army of mine, but I still think he would make a terrible king and is not really the best person in the world.

I can see that it's possible although I admit that I don't.  I like Dany although she has a lot of growing up to do but I really dislike Stannis.  He killed his brother after all, so why isn't he a "kinslayer"?  And the method he used shows me that he was afraid to face him in battle.  And he's a lousy leader and strategist.  That's the way that I see it.

I liked Stannis at one point but the schtick grew old fast. His so-called 'right' is no better than the beggar king's right. Thrones are taken by force, not by so-called right of lineage.

I don't like Dany at all. So you could say there is at least one person on here who doesn't like either of them. :drunk:

Archived