Dany AND Stannis love

Me.

I like Stannis because he is a living motivational poster. He is fighting for a just cause in the face of nigh-insurmountable odds. Plus, he's a down-to-Earth man who places more importance on ability than on who your grandfather was (Stannis's Hand Of The King is a smuggler of lowborn blood).

I like Daenarys even though I know I probably shouldn't. It is probably because even after all her crimes against humanity, Daenarys still seems to have it in her to turn it around and choose justice over revenge (they are two seperet things, and you can usually only have one). She's not too far gone just yet.

I am a fan of Dany but I do not dislike Stannis at all in fact I like him. I find him a very interesting character and he is in my top 20. But I disagree with some of the opinions his die hard fans have about him. I think they try too hard to make him a near white character who I find pretty grey.

This may seem like a load of BS, but I like Dany and Stannis. The OP asks, if there are people who like them as characters, so it's a very simple...yes. If I didn't like most of the characters in this series, I wouldn't have gone through it three times. In fact, I'm having a hard time, thinking of one that I do not like. They all serve their purpose.

The real question should be; can people actually root for, or back both Stannis and Dany. Even then, at least for me, it is yes in some form. I really hope Dany can have a happy ending, where she can feel at peace/home. However, for me; that means she is not the ruler of Westeros. I personally feel Stannis would make a decent king, if he got rid of the nut jobs around him. But unfortunately and yes, based on the shit job that was season five; it's possible, I will have to reconsider things.

There are very few characters that I actively cheer against. The most prominent of them are Jorah, Tyrion, Ramsay, Littlefinger and Walder Frey. I use to have more, but several rereads and discussions on here, have changed that.

I want them both to make it to the last page of ADOS because they both make shit hit the fan. That count?

Dany discussions bored me long ago though, and even Stannis is going the same.

I don't really love either, but I think it would be hysterically funny to see them fall in love. Good times, I tell you. The conversations between them would be pure gold.

Dany: "Oh Stannis, you are the greatest lover in the world."

Irri and Jhiqui from the next room: "It is known!"

Dany: "Oh Stannis, you are the greatest lover in the world."

Irri and Jhiqui from the next room: "It is known!"

Summer burning, had me a blast

Summer burning, it happened so fast

Met a girl who liked to burn things as much as me

Met a boy as stubborn as can be

Summer days burning away.

To, uh oh, those summer nights.

Well-a well-a well-a uh

Tell me more, tell me more

Can she burn people with dragon flame?

Tell me more, tell me more

Like does he have a claim?

I would put Stannis in it. Dany would of been if she is less entitled and have less titles. She might even  still think Eddard was a traitor without knowing the full details about what her dad did to Ned's family.. Stannis was decended from  a king, he is the Great grandson of Aegon V(egg), a king who was for the smallfolks.

Archived