What theory would cause you to Stop Reading ASOIAF if True.

Brian Rioghbhardan

At this point, nothing. I NEEED Winter, despite the fact that I felt the last two books sucked.

See, after the last two books I, personally, will have to see if WoW is not another DWDFFC before I even purchase it. WoW needs to win me back, if it can.

Add sandor ,brienne, hodor ,davos ,a ham , jon all being AAR ..

I agree, at least individually...

But a huge composite warrior made up of all of them, wielding a massive flaming sword and cutting down huge swaths of Others? 

Yes, please!

I agree, at least individually...

But a huge composite warrior made up of all of them, wielding a massive flaming sword and cutting down huge swaths of Others? 

Yes, please!

Ha! Like they all perform a giant Fusion Dance and become one huge dude with a fire sword (who is also part woman and part ham)? Yeah, I could dig it! :lol:

Someone should open a crackpot theory thread about that, it would still be more plausible than "secretly female!Varys + Illyrio =Faegon"

We could speculate about different configurations, like, will this composite AA still be as effective if we swap Sandor for Jaime or Brienne for Daenerys? Or the ham for some sort of pork substitute? If Jaime ends up part of him, will this composite AA also be the valonquar?

Composite!AA! Get hype!

Not sure if I'd stop reading, but I'd be truly disgusted if any Stark (and I'm including Jon here) has to sacrifice another Stark ' to save the realm' .  The Jon is AA theory which necessitates a NN which could be Arya, that would really upset me.  Actually any human sacrifice (other than self sacrifice) being rewarded would make me think twice about reading on.

Well, if the author was one of about the 85% of the crackpotists around, I wouldn't even have started to read these books.
But I am pretty certain that whatever it is that the actual author of the series writes, it will be readable.

Oh man I kind of hope that Grrm field tests his story lines by using aliases on this board to post "theory" posts. And that 80% of the crackpot theories posted here were done by grrm but then we all shit on them so he goes in another direction.

That said Jon warging or stealing Drogon away from Daenerys would change my entire opinion of the story.

Truly one of the more irritating theories that floats around. If Jon has to get a dragon, it would make the most sense for him to get the one named after his father.

Oh man I kind of hope that Grrm field tests his story lines by using aliases on this board to post "theory" posts. And that 80% of the crackpot theories posted here were done by grrm but then we all shit on them so he goes in another direction.

No wonder it takes him eons then  :)

(But seriously, I think it's the best decision from his part to avoid such places.)

Ha! Like they all perform a giant Fusion Dance and become one huge dude with a fire sword (who is also part woman and part ham)? Yeah, I could dig it! :lol:

Someone should open a crackpot theory thread about that, it would still be more plausible than "secretly female!Varys + Illyrio =Faegon"

We could speculate about different configurations, like, will this composite AA still be as effective if we swap Sandor for Jaime or Brienne for Daenerys? Or the ham for some sort of pork substitute? If Jaime ends up part of him, will this composite AA also be the valonquar?

Composite!AA! Get hype!

CompositeAA,  now with tofu?  I want this so bad now!

Any theories that say there's one big, bad human -not magical- player that is moving everyone on a chessboard for a completely unexpected endgame, like the Dornish master plan theory or the Faceless Men one. I believe any player on the board, unless they're magic (like the WWs or the dragons) shouldn't be able to move everything else to play out their perfect endgame. I like the theories where the ambition of the schemer has a reasonable limit, but I don't like it when they're trying to have it all or end it all. 

As others have said, I'm too invested. I have to know how it ends (including how they all got there). I am fascinated by those who say they will stop reading if Tyrion turns out to be Aerys bastard since I am positive that is what will happen. I can't imagine being that caught up in needing the story go the way I want it to.

Nothing would make me stop reading at this point. I'm too invested, and will see it through until the end. That said Jon warging or stealing Drogon away from Daenerys would change my entire opinion of the story.

I don't think you have to worry about that.  George Martin said in an interview that he meant for dragon taming and riding to be dangerous and risky.  Warging one is a cheap cop out.  Jon Snow would have to do what Nettles did.  And it's not going to be Drogon.  Drogon and Daenerys already have a relationship.  The scenes at the House of the Undying proved the strength of that bond. 

I've seen a lot of really strong hate on theories in this forum. People acting like if a such and such theory is true than grrm and ASOIAF would be total shit. So what theories if any would cause you to Stop Reading and Start hating ASOIAF, if revealed to be true.

Persobally the only one I can think of is varys being a merman and if bloodraven warged into cercei and lancel to make them kill robert.

That is actually a theory?  Wow.  I understand why you started this thread.

I will come here and check spoilers after the new book then decide if I want to keep reading.
If it is jon marry dany and then claim it and defeat others with all the dragons and rule happily together ever after, I will stop reading.

Archived