The Riverlands Web V.7

Booknerd2

Totally laughing at this! :lol: Do another, for while they are on the QI, please!

Oh, I think some QI ones would be awesome too. I have to work on it. But I do have this that I've been holding. 

Sandor and Stranger argue over Sansa and t-shirts

Sandor: Stranger...

Stranger: What now? (rolls eyes in exasperation)

Sandor: Are you busy?

Stranger: If it is about her again then yes, I am.

Sandor: Do you think that she…

Stranger: I don't care. How can I make that any clearer for the thousandth time?

Sandor: Stranger, come on…

Stranger: No, you come on, and what about a shirt with my face on it instead of dogs, huh? Really makes me feel special there. Nice touch. Very considerate, of me. My own sidekick and now you are wearing other animals faces on your shirt. What next? Just great. And if you start wearing a shirt with the readhead on it, not surprising... Just try me.

Sandor: Stranger, enough.

Stranger: Sandor, do I need to put you in time out again?

Stranger: Oh, my….my…all of a sudden….my one hoof hurts….I have to rest, Take me back to the stable. You might want to go back to your rooms.

Sandor: You are bloody faking it. 

Stranger: No, I'm not. Really, it came over me….all of a sudden….just now….so odd…..out of nowhere…I really need those damn earplugs.

Oh, sorry, this is a list of ones that were done in v.1 - v.6 already. But if there is something you'd ever like to do, PM me and I can let you know if we did it or not. We covered people and some topics, events, that overlapped in some cases.

Oh no worries now I have a bunch of interesting things to read.

Oh, I think some QI ones would be awesome too. I have to work on it. But I do have this that I've been holding. 

Sandor: Stranger...

Stranger: What now? (rolls eyes in exasperation)

Sandor: Are you busy?

Stranger: If it is about her again then yes, I am.

SandorDo you think that she…

Stranger: I don't care. How can I make that any clearer for the thousandth time?

Sandor: Stranger, come on…

Stranger: No, you come on, and what about a shirt with my face on it instead of dogs, huh? Really makes me feel special there. Nice touch. Very considerate, of me. My own sidekick and now you are wearing other animals faces on your shirt. What next? Just great. And if you start wearing a shirt with the readhead on it, not surprising... Just try me.

SandorStranger, enough.

Stranger: Sandor, do I need to put you in time out again?

Sandor: Stranger...

Stranger: Oh, my….my…all of a sudden….my one hoof hurts….I have to rest, Take me back to the stable. You might want to go back to your rooms.

Sandor: You are bloody faking it. 

Stranger: No, I'm not. Really, it came over me….all of a sudden….just now….so odd…..out of nowhere…I really need those damn earplugs.

These are some of the best things on the forum. Keep it up.

On this re-read, I was floored by how fast Arya dismisses Edric/Ned as a lying Dornishman.  :lmao:

And the story Gendry tells about his mom made me laugh and also want to give him a hug.  :grouphug: It's just another example of how Gendry's trying to relate to Arya and make her feel better about things... "at least your father raised his bastard."

And then I think about all the hugs this poor boy has missed over his 15-16 years, and Mama Bear Liz just dissolves into tears...

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GIVE GENDRY A HUG.

When I read I lol'd when Gendry referred to Jon and (damn, I need the exact wording) and something about being born under a cabbage leaf. The Cabbage Patch Kids popped in my head and I just about died laughing the first time. Ah….child  of the 80's...

I wonder Bookie, if you would consider writing about Dog and Septon Meribald.  Would love to hear about Dog's impressions of traveling with Bri and co, and what he thought about the Quiet Isle.  He met the Gravedigger and received an ear scratch.  Hmmmm, what did he think about that?

I wonder Bookie, if you would consider writing about Dog and Septon Meribald.  Would love to hear about Dog's impressions of traveling with Bri and co, and what he thought about the Quiet Isle.  He met the Gravedigger and received an ear scratch.  Hmmmm, what did he think about that?

In all honesty, Longie, I don't think I could do it because I just find Stranger and Big Nyms hilarious. I have to do a funny one for her too. That spark that is there for them and the innuendos and information we get about their personalities and characterization strikes me with them, but not Dog. Although I think Dog is very intelligent and he has been used story wise. Like he points out the blood on the floor, and I think it is shown that he is docile unless…he had to protect Meribald. And other stuff that I can't think of right now. I like Dog too, but not as much as my faves. If something hits I can always try though.

Like I'm sorry, but I took it even on my first read,and  maybe it's me…but Stranger left on purpose and sort of went with the flow, sensed trouble, and wandered off. It is made very clear in the series that nobody can touch him and move him besides Sandor. Which we know is a big tip off about the QI and how they go there, which helped, even when connected with how the brothers who tried to touch him in the stables got attacked by him. So how Stranger and Sandor got separated in the riots struck me as funny. And in that mess Sandor was still able to find him later because nobody could mess with Stranger. Tyrek gets taken, people get hurt and killed, and that horse is still standing, and ends up fine. Hilarious! Now, he is an expensive warhorse, trained, and with all the chaos you would think somebody would attempt to nap him due to his value, but Sandor had nothing to worry about. It is just the suggestions that are hilarious.

Stranger: What now? (rolls eyes in exasperation)

Sandor: Are you busy?

Stranger: If it is about her again then yes, I am

Thank you! :lol: That's perfect, I can just picture the above, as he goes off to Stranger's stall that's well away from the other animals because he's just too ballsy to be around them.

Without replying to anyone in particular, there is a great theory/thought on the EB in another thread from Brashcandy.  It covers quite a few of our discussion points and is a well presented read.  It directly links him to Sansa as well !  The link is below

.http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97271-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-xxi/page-4#entry5075017

This may need discussion.  :)

I really admire folks such as Wizz who are able to retain so much knowledge about such a vast array of characters along with their whereabouts and history- and that's what makes this thread so great and diverse!

Awww, thanks MMM !  I must admit I was kind of addicted to the RL's, and all perceived lesser characters in particular. [especially the BWB]   And there is so much pay off in these chapters, it was worth it.  However, that's not always the case, and I'm still striving to get to know the other regions/storylines quite as well. [especially Essos]  These books are so massive it's slow going, but great fun.    :) 

I don't believe in that theory...

Hey LeCygne, hope you're well.  To be honest, I only just looked it up and thought it worth discussion after reading.  Do you have any direct thoughts on why this ones a no go ?  You obviously know of it.   :)

Honestly, EB is someone. Has to be. I think we find out a bit more later. Doesn't have to be a major House/person either, like he's not Rhaegar for crissakes or in that conspiracy theory vein, but I don't believe he is a random nice guy from nowhere either. I was thinking of all the houses, the mottos, and coats of arms, how vast in number they are and I think he is someone and we will get a kick out of it. I haven't looked into it too much, but I've seen others postulate Darry and I'd have to research and review more, but that would actually be ok. I still don't know what to make of EB. It all depends on how much he ends up having helped Sandor, and hopefully he is not a hindrance in future. I am not ready to trust him 100% yet. And between you and me….I don't think Stranger is too crazy about him. No explanation required. lol.

Is Bracken's leman Hildy the one who tipped off the BwB about Jaime's whereabouts? Always had a weird feeling about that scene. Thank you, love this thread btw.

Hey Snowcastle !  I know what you mean about Hildy, it was an awkward scene.  It may be possible that she is involved, we can't rule anyone out really, but on inspection it seems Hildy was apprehended from a Blackwood man during the siege, so maybe she is just that.  I think there are enough links with the Vance family and known intelligence being leaked locally, that this info could have reached the BWB directly from the camp at RR. 

I am not ready to trust him 100% yet. And between you and me….I don't think Stranger is too crazy about him. No explanation required. lol.

Yeah, I don't trust him, either.

Oh, I saw this, and thought of you for some reason (not sure why)! It's from an Outlander recap, Jamie works with the horses, and...

http://38.media.tumblr.com/93e32ab29e8c46b54e784f5713b0fb6a/tumblr_inline_nkz74jTtAn1qb0kxc.jpg

Claire walks to the stables and notices one of Dougal’s men following her. She arrives to the sight of Jamie leading a white horse around on a lead while he coos at it, heretofore known as “the moment we all wished we were a horse.” He’s closing in on first base when Claire knocks a metal bit over and the clang startles the horse, who rears up. Claire apologizes, but Jamie says that “she’s just a girl with spirit,” which is “never a bad thing” because Jamie is trying to make me leave my husband. Even the horse is in love.

http://atom1cflea.tumblr.com/post/113342574621/outlander-photo-recap-s1e2-castle-leoch

Yeah, I don't trust him, either.

Oh, I saw this, and thought of you for some reason (not sure why)! It's from an Outlander recap, Jamie works with the horses, and...

http://38.media.tumblr.com/93e32ab29e8c46b54e784f5713b0fb6a/tumblr_inline_nkz74jTtAn1qb0kxc.jpg

http://atom1cflea.tumblr.com/post/113342574621/outlander-photo-recap-s1e2-castle-leoch

Jamie is trying to make me leave my husband too. And I have no husband.

Honestly, EB is someone. Has to be. I think we find out a bit more later. Doesn't have to be a major House/person either, like he's not Rhaegar for crissakes or in that conspiracy theory vein, but I don't believe he is a random nice guy from nowhere either. I was thinking of all the houses, the mottos, and coats of arms, how vast in number they are and I think he is someone and we will get a kick out of it. I haven't looked into it too much, but I've seen others postulate Darry and I'd have to research and review more, but that would actually be ok. I still don't know what to make of EB. It all depends on how much he ends up having helped Sandor, and hopefully he is not a hindrance in future. I am not ready to trust him 100% yet. And between you and me….I don't think Stranger is too crazy about him. No explanation required. lol.

Agreed.  The EB is not someone I've looked into a lot, but seems important.  All angles to be looked at, even they turn out wrong, at least we've ruled them out !   :P

Without replying to anyone in particular, there is a great theory/thought on the EB in another thread from Brashcandy.  It covers quite a few of our discussion points and is a well presented read.  It directly links him to Sansa as well !  The link is below

.http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97271-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-xxi/page-4#entry5075017

This may need discussion.  :)

Nope.  In my second Elder Brother essay I discuss the various crackpots concerning this one.  It's just another 'secret identity' theory of the fans, nothing more.

Archived