Will Dany have two husbands eventually?

purple-eyes

The maegi never said she could not conceive, the maegi just made it seem like it would be in possible. Perspective can sometimes be the key to prophecies. Take Yiggy and Jon, when the first met, they had a talk about North and south, Jon was all like hey I am from the north too. But Yiggy was like from where I am standing, your a southern lord. And it goes on about it really being about perspective and where you are standing.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur."

My goodness the earth would have to spin backwards and that would kill everyone. Not really though, if you take into account in the books that Westeros is considered the west and Essos is considered the east, you have your answer. It's just the rotation of the planet, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east every day, when the sun is rising in Westeros it is setting in Essos. So part one done.

"When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves."

This is actually easy enough as it is so vague, the seas can freeze, the seas can withdraw, the Dothraki seas, etc... Mountains blowing in the wind, could simply be a sigil of a mountain. But again these are vague and open ended the author can deal with them in many ways. Think about this in visions the Iron Born have been depicted twice as the see, so in a vision of the sea going dry it may be the death of the Iron Born. A lot of ways to address this type of stuff.

"When your womb quickens again,"

She does not say it might quicken, she says when it quickens. The author can decide when at any time there.

"and you bear a living child."

When she has a kid. See Dany never asked about having kids what she asked was when will her Sun and Stars return to her.

"Then he will return, and not before."

Who will return? Drogo? Maybe she means him but Dany often referred to Drogo as her Sun and Stars. This has a surprising similarity to the tail of the Maiden made of light and the Lion of Night, which also has that resemblance to R+l=J, which is about the unity of opposition and the birth of a child, which fits well with this prophecy. Because the Maiden here is symbolic of the sun, and it was not till the end of the long night, that she returned or the sun returned, and love returned to the world. This is also an area that Martin can work as literal, symbolic or both.

See once you figure out the earth does not need to go backwards the other stuff is easy enough for the author to handle how he sees fit. See it's not about her not having kids it is about the return of someone, perhaps who fits that binary opposition dynamic to Dany. Ice and Fire, the unity of opposition the birth of a child and Westeros. This prophecy is about the end of the long night, and I don't think it strange at all how well it fits the unity of opposition dynamic we see over and over again, or the fact the Jon was born in the land of the Sun. Light, and Dark, the Sun and Moon, Ice and Fire, the return of balance.

The worse thing Azur ever did was kill Nissa Nissa, he basically killed his love, and instead of a child like the Pearl Emperor, you got a sword. If you ask me the events like a wheel are now going back to the beginning. The world was broken, it must be restored. For further information please pick up your copy of Sun and Moon available for a limited time on this forum, it's an older theory written some time ago. You must learn the way of the inverse parallel, the unity of opposition, all predating the world book.

R+L=J is close but there was a problem, they both died. That is not Maiden and Lion, Drogo and Dany, Dorgo dies, Azor and Nissa, Nissa dies. Only once has the balance been correct, and it is coming full circle. It's not about one person, but three, the Mother, the Father and the Child. I know where fire is and I know where the mother is.

Ser Creighton, great thoughts about Dany and Mirri Maz Duur! I do hope Dany gets to be a mom to someone (or something) besides her dragons.  :cheers:

(Even if it's the last thing she does...  :bawl: )

Iiz Stargaryen@ the reason why no homosexual incest has ever been mentioned is probably because it more or less requires two homosexual people to be born within the same family within one generation, something that did not happen during the three hundred years of Targaryen reign.

Iiz Stargaryen@ the reason why no homosexual incest has ever been mentioned is probably because it more or less requires two homosexual people to be born within the same family within one generation, something that did not happen during the three hundred years of Targaryen reign.

Giving Jon and Aegon a rare opportunity to pioneer this neglected area of fantasy fiction!  :cool4:

I always thought it was a mega-period... If you don't have one for a while, when your start back up you might have..a lot. But like out in the Dothraki sea, with dysentery, it may be a bit hard to tell the difference between a uterus lining and fetal flesh. But I'm no expert.

I'm not convinced either. I don't think the timing fits for her to be that far along in a pregnancy - I miscarried at 8 weeks and, well, the difference is obvious.

Aerion tried to molest Egg.

In a family that routinely practiced incest, molestation of younger siblings was probably quite common.

Just saying, but lots of barren women can conceive, but not sustain a pregnancy, so having a miscarriage (if that was one) does not mean Dany is not barren.  

If there were to be three rulers of Westeros, I think Dany/Jon/Arya would be a cool combo. Dany and Arya would be total bros, and they would own Jon.

To me Dany with two husbands just seems too weird and something that would not work in reality. One man with two wives works, but one woman with two husbands just doesn't work the same way. What are they going to do? Just have sex with her in turns and then when the baby comes, it would be eternal mystery who the father is?

To me Dany with two husbands just seems too weird and something that would not work in reality. One man with two wives works, but one woman with two husbands just doesn't work the same way. What are they going to do? Just have sex with her in turns and then when the baby comes, it would be eternal mystery who the father is?

There were cultures in real life history that practices polyandry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry#Africa

Just saying, but lots of barren women can conceive, but not sustain a pregnancy, so having a miscarriage (if that was one) does not mean Dany is not barren.  

If there were to be three rulers of Westeros, I think Dany/Jon/Arya would be a cool combo. Dany and Arya would be total bros, and they would own Jon.

Jon having sexx with arya? WTF

Rhaegar thinks the dragon must have three heads.  The meaning is not exactly clear.  Did he mean the Targaryen forces to reclaim the kingdom will require three dragons and their riders working together?   That would mean Rhaegar knew the dynasty would fall.  Rhaegar never counted on his family actually having a dragon again, much less three.  I think he just meant he needed to have three children so they can work together.  Two can marry and one can marry into another noble house to rebuild the family back up after Summerhall killed a lot of them. 

The dragon riders do not have to be married to Dany.  Hizdahr is not going to be a dragon rider.  He's the fearful type and you just can't be that type if you want to ride a dragon.  Dany's dragons hatched from eggs purchased in Asshai.  Maybe they don't care if the rider is Targaryen as long he/she has some dragon blood in their genes.   The bonding of Dany and Drogon seems atypical to me.  I believe Drogon was already bonded to her even before they entered the House of the Undying.  It's more like a parent-child bond rather than a rider-to-horse bond.  Drogon looks out for Dany in a way that a horse would never look out for its rider.  Rhaegal and Viserion should bond the same way.  They will never bond with anyone who wants to oppose their mother.

I don't think MMD said Drogo would be reborn but that Dany would be reunited with him when she bears a living child.

And I don't think she meant that to be a prophecy but I think the context of her words was expecting Dany to be dragged back to Vaes Dothrak and dumped in the Dosh Khaleen, who spend their lives known only as the widows of khals...no remarriage, no (more) children.

So yeah I think Dany will have at least one child.

I think she will die giving birth, thus being reunited with Drogo to ride on forever in the Night Lands. George did recently admit to a bittersweet Tolkien-esque ending, ala LotR. So I'm starting to lean that way. But I can't decide who I think would be the father. I like the idea of Dany marrying her two nephews. But I don't know that I buy into Aegon's authenticity yet.

I think she will die giving birth, thus being reunited with Drogo to ride on forever in the Night Lands. George did recently admit to a bittersweet Tolkien-esque ending, ala LotR. So I'm starting to lean that way. But I can't decide who I think would be the father. I like the idea of Dany marrying her two nephews. But I don't know that I buy into Aegon's authenticity yet.

Aegon is not even in the show. 

He may be one of her husbands, but definitely not her final husband and father of her child. 

Archived