Heavy Metal 9: through Bruce is salvation

MercenaryChef

I barely listen to metal anymore truth be told but the last Intronaut album was pretty dope...though I'm not sure I agree with people saying it's their best yet. It did seem to somehow be the most accessible/widely liked one yet though...despite the fact that it has some of their weirdest stuff yet on it (The Unlikely Event of a Water Landing)

I hope they're smart and they don't Death Magnetic the fuck out of these like most remaster jobs do.

My copy of Ride the Lightning is pretty much destroyed so I could definitely use a replacement but only if the audio quality is not compromised.

3 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Yeah. I have no idea on that front. Maybe wait until some reviews come out? 

That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Right now I am listening to the MOST METAL OF ALBUMS: Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. Jesus fucking Christ I love that album.

Trve fvcking metal.

I don't care how metal that album is, it's just a damn good set of songs.

Right now I'm listening to Persistence of Time. Forget Among The Living, this is probably my favorite Anthrax album. 

• 2 weeks later...

new Grave Miasma track up to check out. Fuckin stoked, can't wait to see these guys at MDF.

on a semi-related note, I've got a digital download code for the last Vastum album, if anyone here is interested. Just going to waste otherwise as I bought the cd before ordering the LP

On 2/23/2016 at 8:03 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Yeah. I have no idea on that front. Maybe wait until some reviews come out? 

Right now I am listening to the MOST METAL OF ALBUMS: Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. Jesus fucking Christ I love that album.

Not as metal as hemispheres from rush.  I have been binging on that album since watching that rush documentary with you all Friday night. I forgot how much I loved it.

Just left slayer, testament and carcass with kair. 

It was fucking sweet. 

I am now a lot more into a testament headliner at mdf 2016. They were so so good.

Obviously slayer truly delivered.  Carcass was also great. It was very difficult to stay out of the pit. The energy was fantastic.  

Now all I want is pizza and a warm blanket.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 6:03 AM, Durckad said:

That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Trve fvcking metal.

I don't care how metal that album is, it's just a damn good set of songs.

Right now I'm listening to Persistence of Time. Forget Among The Living, this is probably my favorite Anthrax album. 

I agree: Persistence is by far their best album: extremely well balanced and no holes, which is also the reason that "...and Justice" is my favorite Metallica album.  Megadeths' "Countdown to Extinction" also fits the description: they may have better songs on other albums, but as a whole Countdown is their best set of songs.

15 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Presented without comment.

https://crustyoldtoad.bandcamp.com/album/nefarious-occurrence

"Toaderus Crusticus emerged from the swamp in the autumn of 2015 with one thing on his amphibian mind: heavy fuckin' metal."

Huh. Wasn't expecting that.

also: Ummmm 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I listened to Anareta yesterday on the way to work, and it's definitely growing on me. Last year I wasn't much in the mood for that kind of metal, so I shelved a bunch of albums until I was ready to appreciate them on their terms. And glad I did -- it's better than trying to like something and ending up hating it instead.

In a different subgenre entirely, this demo is all kinds of filthy: https://bloodchalice.bandcamp.com/releases

Archived