Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

As an Eowyn fan, I have to say I love this, as a Dany fan, I have to say why...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZKln5tUYAAidUY.jpg:large

Her beautiful last chapter could have been beautiful on film, too. And not an elven brooch to be found...

What business does a girl, a man who looks at her creepily, a man with a blue beard, and a dwarf with a clear drinking problem have in the Riddermark?

6 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

What business does a girl, a man who looks at her creepily, a man with a blue beard, and a dwarf with a clear drinking problem have in the Riddermark?

And a dragon! :lol:

Of course he's just a cranky baby who just wants to take a nap.

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

(I can for some reason not delete this quote) Sigh

LOL

People are really amusing themselves with the fact Sean Bean played Boromir and Ned :D

to delete a quote, hover mouse over it, press control and then right click, and options, including deleting quotes, will come up.  Pick your option and done.

:)

1 minute ago, LongRider said:

to delete a quote, hover mouse over it, press control and then right click, and options, including deleting quotes, will come up.  Pick your option and done.

:)

Thanks. It worked! :D 

2 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

.:bowdown: 

This is why I keep reading this thread, no matter how long it goes!  Even in a blizzard!

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/01/21/the-trouble-with-big-why-im-nervous-about-game-of-thrones-season-6/

It’s easy to understand the thought process behind these choices. Bronn was a popular character—the producers probably figured that the audience would want to see more of him and devised a way for him to return. Likewise, Sophie Turner is a talented actress, so why not give her a meaty plot to chew on? The problem, I think, is motive. When the producers make decisions based on who they’d like to work with and what they think the audience will respond to, they run the risk of the finished product feeling contrived. And indeed, these two plots were among the most heavily criticized of the season.

(...)

My fear for Season 6, however, is that they’ll keep making decisions based on what they think the audience wants, rather than what the story needs.

(...)

Clarke is making some pretty tall claims here. On the one hand, they give fans reasons to get excited. Who doesn’t want to watch television that’s “epic” and “mental” and “big?” On the other hand, after seeing the show stumble a bit in Season 5, I’m nervous those are polite ways of saying “loud” and “sensationalized” and “ungainly.” I’m afraid that the producers think the audience will respond to big, flashy moments and are determined to provide them at the expense of nuance and depth. I’m afraid that, in trying to give us the show they think we want, they’ll turn it into a show we no longer enjoy.

Some good points, 

but the sad thing of course those things already destroyed the series, or at least IMO. 

Look at what Clarke is saying:

• From an interview with the LA Times: “It’s just go, go, go, go. Shocking moment to shocking moment. Epic moment to epic moment. It’s mental; it’s epic.”
  • From an interview with The Daily Star: “We’re just going to hit the audience with every episode, coming up with something more mental that the last. I can’t believe some of the twists in store.”
  • From an interview with E! News: Game of Thrones Season 6 will have “the biggest moments on television that have ever existed.”

Oh, my.

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

• From an interview with the LA Times: “It’s just go, go, go, go. Shocking moment to shocking moment. Epic moment to epic moment. It’s mental; it’s epic.”
  • From an interview with The Daily Star: “We’re just going to hit the audience with every episode, coming up with something more mental that the last. I can’t believe some of the twists in store.”
  • From an interview with E! News: Game of Thrones Season 6 will have “the biggest moments on television that have ever existed.”

Oh, my.

Damn!  I'm so excited!

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, my.

Yeah, it is really making us so excited. Shocking moment to shocking moment, ... I think the main argument between the rant & ravers here is the fact they really hate the focus on shocking moment and the fact D&D are ignoring real character development, making a coherent plot, ... with as consequence they are losing the heart of the story. This is why GoT is a bad adaptation.

This was supposed to be a character-driven story. No time for that. Why ask why...

And it's 1, 2, 3, what are we fighting for? Don't ask me, I don't give a damn... And it's 5, 6, 7, open up the pearly gates, Well there ain't no time to wonder why, Whoopee! We're all gonna die...

So not only do we get bad pussy, but we also get "you can suck my dick" said by one of the Dothraki (according to a script leak). Since when did words like 'pussy' and 'dick', modern terms, become popular slang in Westeros/Essos? Whatever happened to 'cunt'?

And according to the Emmys, this is award winning writing.

On 2016年1月22日 at 11:04 PM, Tijgy said:

If only that would have happened. Now I am starting to think the person whose storyline they destroyed the most was Stannis. At least Sansa's, Theon's, ... has still the ability to change for the better, Stannis' storyline did already end after he sacrificed his daughter and after a lost battle which was even not show on screen (instead we got hardhome :bang: Really they are giving Jon a fighting storyline while his storyline did not involve as much fighting as leading and governing at the Wall! And Stannis' battle which will be a part of the book is just not used ... sigh. 

I would have been fine with them having their version of Stannis being this bad if:

1) They gave him an actual victory in the battle or showed his more Baratheon mind at work instead they ham him up as a generic religious zealot with few of his awesome book version's positive qualities which seem cut or muted.  

2) Burning his daughter had actually achieved something meaningful other than melting snow and he hadnt in the span of one episode been utterly fucked by this dark choice and it grew and ate him over time instead he got fucking humiliated worse than Theon.

3) They didnt choose to play favourites by muting people's greyness based on popularity (tyrion, Dany etc.) and over amplifying characters they dont like in the bad department. 

30 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Good question. And why is cunt used in a derogatory way, but not dick? I can't recall anyone calling another person a dick.

Well, Brienne did, when she was travelling with Nimble Dick. Oh wait. 

:lol:

also, the teaser with the Dothraki saying, 'zillionth of your name, queen of nothing' blah blah blah... Is that this year's 'beetle monologue'? Maybe it's this year's 'break the wheel'... Who knows, and more importantly, personally I don't give a flying fuck. But I am... erhm... intrigued to see the gems we'll get this year. :rolleyes:

Archived