TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

Excellent, I submitted my thesis to the professor today. I hope she likes it. :)

And you? What have you dug up recently? :P

No digging these days, I have been working as an optician's assistant for the last couple years (and waiting for my letter from Hogwarts). During the past seven months, I have been studying to become an Optical Dispenser. I had the final exam last Thursday and I submitted my workbook signed by my tutor yesterday. I am expecting to get my diploma on January 23 :) With some luck I will be a honors student. That's what my tutor is aiming for (so no pressure Odie, no pressure).

Thesis you say? Thell me all about it :)

Good day! Have a spelling quiz to start your day. :P

No digging these days, I have been working as an optician's assistant for the last couple years (and waiting for my letter from Hogwarts). During the past seven months, I have been studying to become an Optical Dispenser. I had the final exam last Thursday and I submitted my workbook signed by my tutor yesterday. I am expecting to get my diploma on January 23 :) With some luck I will be a honors student. That's what my tutor is aiming for (so no pressure Odie, no pressure).

Wow, excellent news! I am sure you will achieve the honours level. Congratulations on your diploma.

And are we not all waiting for our letter from Hogwarts? :P

Thesis you say? Thell me all about it :)

I am going to see the professor today (IF she is there on the 23rd December, I guess) and hear what she tells me about it. I am not sure what to tell ... well, it is 91 pages long, that is something. ;)

:frown5:

I'm sure there was a pacifistic way to solve this.

Ah, FOMN and myself were just joking around, no worries. Those were not real lifesabres! We are all pacifists here. :) (And I am not the one who has such a warrior-like username!)

God, who is this guest that is viewing my profile so often? It's driving me mad.

Guests like you!

Hey guys.

Hugs to those who need hugs, 'grats to those who deserve 'grats and :leer:'s to those who want :leer:'s.

Ohhh Bear, I'm :leer: right back at you :kiss:

I am going to see the professor today (IF she is there on the 23rd December, I guess) and hear what she tells me about it. I am not sure what to tell ... well, it is 91 pages long, that is something. ;)

I will hold a thumb for you. What's your thesis about?

Good day! Have a spelling quiz to start your day. :P

Wow, excellent news! I am sure you will achieve the honours level. Congratulations on your diploma.

And are we not all waiting for our letter from Hogwarts? :P

Ah, FOMN and myself were just joking around, no worries. Those were not real lifesabres! We are all pacifists here. :) (And I am not the one who has such a warrior-like username!)

Guests like you!

Well, word limits are more of a guide anyway :P 

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

You know how every year I do this project either a gift for Alex or something we do together (last year it was the kitty castle)

This year I decided to make him a cube style bookcase.  it is 3' wide by 5' high (just about 1m x 1.6m) and because I am insane, I am painting it like Minecraft.  :lol:  I started with 1" squares and stencils.  Thing is, that is 144 squares per section, and each shelf has 17 sections, except the green (grass) which has 20 (ok, 19.5 as I had to cut out an area for the light switch)  anyway, using each stencil that many times became very messy.  I got frustrated and I have repainted them back to the base colors and am trying again.

Obviously, the 144 squares is too many, so I thought I would make 2" squares and cut them out of painters tape (only 36 per section).  I spent a lot of time last night cutting out tape in 1 and 2 square sections (they were not 2" though, because the tape is 1.88 inches).  Anyway, I was awake very early this morning and decided to get a start on putting the tape down.  Took me an hour to do two sections and it was a major PITA fetting them all lined up. so that would be like 44 hours just to put the tape down :lol:

Obviously, that plan is not going to work, so now I am onto plan #3: free hand painting.

I did discover another problem too.  My pattern is not working.  because of the larger size squares, I cannot have more than 3 squares touching, including on a diagonal. I am currently using 4 different colored sticky notes on my desk to try and get the pattern fixed. :lol:

So a logic puzzle if anyone wants to help me solve this:

I have 36 squares in 4 colors, aranged in a 6x6 format

10 for #1

10 for #2

10 for #3

6 for #4 (this is the darkest color and I am trying to limit its use)

I don't want any more than 3 of one color touching, including on the diagonals and no more than 2 next to each other

It doesn't seem that hard, but when I look at it, I am trying to make sure there is no one color that dominates and area and that is proving the tricky part.

Well, word limits are more of a guide anyway :P 

True. :P Like the pirate code.

100% correct :smug:

100% correct. :cool4:

...But it's no surprise. :P

:cheers: to the master spellers!

7-KG, is English your first language?

Oh, were we? ;)

Well I would not hurt any of my loyal subjects! :kiss:

True. :P Like the pirate code.

:cheers: to the master spellers!

Well I would not hurt any of my loyal subjects! :kiss: 

Someone fetch Dolores, we have a liar in the house! :P I saw that plate of mashed potatoes you were eating, you can hide nothing from me!

I see. It's a free-for-all come the Spamsmoot then? :lol:

I am not sure what you are talking about ...

Someone fetch Dolores, we have a liar in the house! :P I saw that plate of mashed potatoes you were eating, you can hide nothing from me!

:blushing:

But but but potato never had a courtly title anyway! :P

Probably a fan who is stalking you .

98% spelling expert . :D 

This is my first time I get an A+ in these kinds of quizzes.... I think I am gonna cry.

Weird, I got 100% on that spelling quiz. But then it was not that tough.

Anyhoo, happy Christmas eve folks!!  :cheers:

Congrats on good grades! SOM, nice fitting avatar. :)

Actually, it isn't. But hey, a king's guard needs to know his grammar!

Probably a fan who is stalking you .

A fan of me? Nah...i don't think such person exists.

Archived