TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

You only really have two choices: Star Wars or a Christmas movie.

a. Star Wars

b.

• Die Hard
  • Frozen
  • Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Santa Claus The Movie
  • Frozen
  • The Santa Clause
  • Deck the Halls
  • Frozen

Thanks! I'm taking Die Hard from this list. Haven't seen that in a while actually. I've very recently rewatched Star Wars and saw Frozen just earlier this week, but if I'm still stuck here tomorrow and the next day we'll see :P

:grouphug: I hope the bf gets well soon.

My favourite Xmas movies are Love Actually and Letters to Santa. I recommend them both. :wub:

How is Frozen a Christmas movie? I mean, I love Frozen, but I do not see it.

Nah, it is about German literature.

I planned to watch Love actually, actually! heh. Will see if Letters to Santa is something for me, since I can't recall ever seeing it :) Frozen is very wintery so I think it's a christmas classic of the future.

Awww, that suck a**. 

"Tomten är far till alla barnen" of course.

Yep, it sucks. For me it's alright though, but I'd rather be with my parents and little niece of course. It's her first christmas.

I'll see if I can find that movie :lol:

That sucks :( I hope you manage to have something of a good time anyway. Do they have to be Christmas movies? If not these are all good. If you'd rather watch a Christma movie you can try Die Hard or Love Actually, they are pretty much the only ones I like.

Thank you. My parents will bring some food over here, so I can at least eat some of our traditional food. Living close to the parents is good sometimes :lol:I'm looking for all kinds of movies, not only christmas themed ones. Your link led me to remember I haven't seen all Kurosawa's movies, so I'll watch some of those!

And it reminded me of Life of Brian, which I'll watch of course, and is sort of even a christmas themed movie in a way :P

I hope you don't get sick too and that he starts feeling better quickly! :grouphug:

Thank you!

Good luck with the bookcase and the selling of the husband lmao

God jul!

Things are not looking especially up for the holidays here. Today is the day we mostly celebrate but Bf fell ill during the night in some stomach bug :( And since I may have caught it but likely am immune (or get sick tomorrow) I can't visit with family either even for a short while. So I'll do christmas by myself and wake up bf once in a while to make him drink fluids and try to eat eventually. Must try to get some christmas spirit going too or something to cheer us up.

Any movie suggestions are very welcome!

That awful bug has been going around here for over a month. Alex had it a few days ago and his bestie has it today. And the last two weeks at work I had a minimum of two students in my office vomiting every day. At one point I had 3 at the same time fighting for the toilet/wastebasket :stillsick: 

I hope your bf recovers quickly and you manage to avoid getting it. Maybe once everyone feels better you can have your own celebration :grouphug:

I always watch A Christmas Carol (1984 version).

Plus The Grinch. And Elf. But shhh :leaving: 

I have iced 6 Christmas cakes (2lb loaf tin size) and 1 large square Christmas cake (which is the equivalent of two loaf tins side by side, since it's the same mixture just not split) this morning. The amount of marzipan and fondant icing that required was insane. Had to put pup in his crate sp he wouldn't come into the kitchen and try a lick up any spelled icing sugar, but he was good as gold, just lay with his teddy bear and watched me (with his super sad eyes :lol: ). Charlie went in his crate too. But he was fascinated by the new little fella and kept pawing at the door to try and get out and see him :P 

I wish I lived near you - I would be on your doorstep begging for goodies like the pups! Cocker/spaniels are amazing dogs. My Charlie is simply the most loving and well behaved guy - so chill and quiet, he lets me know everything through his big eyes :) 

Lucy I'm still working on but they really love each other already. I really wonder if she was mistreated at some point before we got her. She cowers over everything and shows her belly, is very afraid of men and crunches up in fear. No one here has ever mistreated her here and that doesn't seem like normal behavior. Charlie never did that but we had him when he was very young. 

I hope you don't get sick too and that he starts feeling better quickly! :grouphug:

I'm at work today and none of the people we work for are here and we have NOTHING to do :lol: But we have to stay until 5pm unless our boss e-mails us from home and tells us we can leave early.  It is certainly the downside to being a contractor.  We won't be paid for tomorrow either.

I am a week behind on Alex's bookcase, but I started painting it by hand last night and it is looking awesome.  Hopefully I will have it done by Sunday night.

Tonight we are going over to the house of a lday the husband works with.  I think she likes him.  I could give him to her as a Christmas present, as long as she understood there would be no returns :lol:

But that means I won't get any work done on the bookcase, and I have less than 20% finished. Painting 2" squares takes longer than you

My older son has to work Christmas eve, but will show up around 5 or 6 am :lol:  (of course he doesn't have a key, so I will have to get up early to wait for him.)

I hope you will post pics of the bookcase - it sounds very cool. Painting furniture always takes me forever. And I still suck at it :lol:

Isnt it funny when you have been with someone so long that other people flirting with them doesn't even phase you? I've seen women flirt with my hubby and I just think - take him please, give me some time off :lol:  

Merry Christmas y'all :kiss:

May your day be filled with joy and love! 

At grandmother's. There has already been an argument and now I am bored because apparently nobody wants to play uno. Might watch Star Wars if valonqar allows I use his computer. Happy Xmas, all.

It has snow, and gifts being given, and a reindeer, and a snowman.

I have  obviously not seen it for too long, since I cannot remember gifts. And they do not even mention Xmas in there!

I planned to watch Love actually, actually! heh. Will see if Letters to Santa is something for me, since I can't recall ever seeing it :) Frozen is very wintery so I think it's a christmas classic of the future.

And it reminded me of Life of Brian, which I'll watch of course, and is sort of even a christmas themed movie in a way :P

Letter to Santa is like Love Actually, just a bit more bittersweet ... it is also in Polish. It is one of two Xmas movies that I can stand. I would hate for Frozen to become considered a Christmas classic, because I would hate for it to be lumped into the same category with Home Alone and thr likes. :ack:

Okay, well, of course Life of Brian is a Christmas one! That makes three Christmas movies I can stand. :lol:

Thanks! I'm taking Die Hard from this list. Haven't seen that in a while actually. I've very recently rewatched Star Wars and saw Frozen just earlier this week, but if I'm still stuck here tomorrow and the next day we'll see :P

Yep, it sucks. For me it's alright though, but I'd rather be with my parents and little niece of course. It's her first christmas.

I'll see if I can find that movie :lol:

Thank you. My parents will bring some food over here, so I can at least eat some of our traditional food. Living close to the parents is good sometimes :lol:I'm looking for all kinds of movies, not only christmas themed ones. Your link led me to remember I haven't seen all Kurosawa's movies, so I'll watch some of those!

Thank you!

Good luck with the bookcase and the selling of the husband lmao

oh are the good German fantasy literature? Cause i am thinking about reading books so that i can learn German better.

Okay, sorry, computer acting weird. Yes, SOM, there is! WalterMoersWalterMoersWalterMoers! My current obsession. His language is pretty advanced, I do not know what is your level of German, but I would recommend him to everybody. The best place to start would probably be 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear or 13 1/2 Leben des Käpt'n Blaubär, but thr best novels are Die Stadt der Träumenden Bücher and. Ensel und Krete IMO.

The first book I read in German was by Cornelia Funke, also a fantasy author, but more for children. Maybe better if you are just starting with the language? A classic is Michael Ende.

Ohhhhhhh, there is The Sound of Music on TV! I know what I am doing now. :P

abbie, true. Too lazy to google that now though.

Merry fucking Christmas

Are you guys talking about Christmas movies?  My favorite bit in It's A Wonderful Life is when they do a close-up of Jimmy Stuart looking desperate and insane. (hint, hint)  Nothing else comes to mind right now.

eta

Oh yeah, first Harry Potter feels like an xmas movie to me.

Funnily enough KOA that's the movie I just watched. 

That's nice :) The list should keep you busy for a while, at least. I need to watch more Kurosawa too.
Well certainly, even more so than the others, in a way :P

Well, which one is it then? You are mysterious like Shadow! ;)

I am sure you have a fan ... :stunned:

Hmmm...what could be so mysterious about me?

:)

I am sure they exist :) . I am one for example :D 

Thank you, sir. I appreciate this. :cheers:

Everyone must be off partaking in festivities :)

How are you good folks of spam?

I am quite well. Hubby is home for a week and I am so happy to report that the VA in MA has done a tremendously better job than here in CA. They put him on better meds and got him treatment and after years of struggle I am finally seeing signs of the man I married :love:. My family and friends couldn't understand why I stayed and put up with as much as I did but I knew I couldn't give up and I'm glad I didn't. My Lil O is so happy and content. I can finally breathe a little. 

This is such wonderful news, LadyO.  You are a loyal and devoted friend and love to your hubby - a fine example for us all!  :love:.

My D-day is scheduled. they will admit me to the hospital during the night between Dec 26 and 27 and they'll induce the labor. It is my due day anyway, Dr. said she thinks it's the best idea to do it on time since my sugar levels have been a bit high during the pregnancy so if I go over the due date baby might be a bit too big. It's sooooo close now,I feel light...evry light...panic in the air but hubby will be there and so far all was good so...fingers crossed. 

Oh exciting - a new baby before the new year.  I'm wishing you the very best and most beautiful birth experience.  And you might as well get the epidural when the check you in, because being induced makes things go pretty fast.   Good hubby to be there, too!

Love love love to you!!!!!  <3

Archived