MLB: Book'em Danno!

Arch-MaesterPhilip

It's about damn time as far as this goes. I'm there if the Yankees are involved, shit I might go even if they're not.

Well yeah, I would love to go to London, but to watch baseball? Not so much. If I were to take a baseball vacation I'd want to hit like Wrigley and Camden Yards and the like. I don't really get the transatlantic scheduling thing in professional sports. It just seems like it would be a huge disadvantage for the teams that have to make the trip.

Well yeah, I would love to go to London, but to watch baseball? Not so much. If I were to take a baseball vacation I'd want to hit like Wrigley and Camden Yards and the like. I don't really get the transatlantic scheduling thing in professional sports. It just seems like it would be a huge disadvantage for the teams that have to make the trip.

I've been there twice and think it's a fantastic city so any reason for me to go back is a damn good one. For baseball it would have to be in July so if it were the final series before the All-Star break for both teams involved they would get a long break after it is all said and done. And if it is two east coast teams which I suspect it will be the travel won't be terrible.

I love London, but if I'm traveling there for sport it would be for something local like football (i.e. soccer), cricket, or rugby.

Baseball travel for me would involve seeing more games at the various parks around the US. I've been to 8 major league stadiums so far (the Vet, Citizen's Bank, Fenway, Wrigley, (the old) Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Citi Field, and Camden Yards), so there's still plenty to see on this continent.

Yeah, that seems like a fair deal. I'd take that guy on the Giants at that price.

What do you think of the Dave Roberts hire?

Would have preferred Bud Black (or in a perfect world, Orel Hershiser), but I like Roberts. He was a Dodger after all.

Archived