MLB: Book'em Danno!

Arch-MaesterPhilip

Greinke deal is 6yrs/$206MM, which is holy shit that's a lot!

Shit that's around 34 mill and change a year...and here I was shaking my head at Lackey getting 16 mill a season from the Cubs.

Can't wait to see what Heyward gets.

Less high-profile... Twins signed Korean Park Byung-ho.  Yes, it's KBO...but he hit .343 last season and hit 53 home runs.  I hope he can make a decent transition.  Twins pitching is still lackluster, but the lineup is looking solid for the upcoming season. 

I'm sanguine about this.

After Price anybody would have to overpay for Greinke.

Yes, the NLWest may be crazypants going forward, but I'll take SF, LA, AZ scrapping for dominance over LA running away with it every time.

Plus, I still have faith in the Giants' front office after three titles in 6 years. And no Zito Rowand contracts recently.

While Greinke will almost certainly improve the Diamondbacks for the next season or two, I don't think he is enough to make them legitimate contenders. Obviously they've got some serious position player core talent in Goldschmidt and Pollock, but their pitching depth behind Greinke is a big question mark. 6 years for a 32 year old pitcher is likely to look really ugly in a few years if they don't have major success immediately.

Seeing elite pitchers spread out across a few teams instead of going to the same place while the Mets remain stacked makes me happy, of course.

While Greinke will almost certainly improve the Diamondbacks for the next season or two, I don't think he is enough to make them legitimate contenders. Obviously they've got some serious position player core talent in Goldschmidt and Pollock, but their pitching depth behind Greinke is a big question mark. 6 years for a 32 year old pitcher is likely to look really ugly in a few years if they don't have major success immediately.

Yeah, I'm going full sour grapes on this kid. Fuck him. Never wanted him on my team. I hope this contract goes down as one of the worst ever signed. D-bags can eat a bag of lighthouses.

eabod_zpsr8peqyrq.jpg

Archived