'Wow, that escalated quickly'

Also, the "Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!" chapter got a good goosebump down my back.

Picture this army following a non charismatic leader who got them literally to the edge of the world and charging against giants, wildlings just near the Wall.

I am sure most of those guys knew the Wall only by fairy tales (we know that Tyrion, being the curious guy he is and the wealthy noble he too is, visited it when he was already a grown up) and the wildlings were ppl they know about out of bedtime scary stories.

I felt that those guys were charging against the enemy in a different planet.

For Stannis!

On 10 de diciembre de 2015 at 6:26 AM, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Stop throwing books!

Hell, yes!

I wouldn't throw mi beloved kindle to the wall for nothing in this world, nooo way, no matter what grrm writes. I'm in love with it.

Before that, I lack muscles to throw my hardcover paper copies to the wall, and it could accidentally kill my cat if it falls over her so... No, bad idea. I suppose this kind of contention should've developed some kind of zen attitude over the years but so far I haven't seen any improvement...

To the OP; I wasn't expecting LS, this one was a totally wtf moment for me.

On December 9, 2015 at 2:30 PM, John Doe said:

It's not poor Slynt's fault that he was born into a society full off elitist pricks.

Not sure what that has to do with the price of mead in the storms end.

Janos Slynt is an upjumped butcher. 

He was born in the same society that everyone from Ned to Dolorous Edd. He was a prick because he was a prick.

On May 19, 2016 at 9:45 AM, apovsic said:

The books did nothing wrong!

Does that mean it is ok to throw the television seeing as how d&d have done their level best to piss all over this story?

2 hours ago, YOVMO said:

Not sure what that has to do with the price of mead in the storms end.

Janos Slynt is an upjumped butcher. 

He was born in the same society that everyone from Ned to Dolorous Edd. He was a prick because he was a prick.

I'm pretty sure @John Doe was being sarcastic.

Just now, Ebrose said:

It seemed you had believed that he really meant what he was saying.. sorry then!

no sorries. sometimes a certain mood doesn't come across in the typing. I tend to throw caution to the wind...in as far as you can call making comments on esoteric  exegesis wrt asoif off the cuff "throwing caution to the wind" which, admittedly, you really can't

With the TV series my first moment was Ned's head. I hadn't read the books. I avoid spoilers like the plague.

With the books, it was the Lady Stoneheart reveal. Completely unexpected.

On 12/9/2015 at 3:53 PM, Mooz said:

Mountain crushing Oberyn's face. I was like so excited, I knew the fight was going to happen, I was ready for Oberyn to demolish The Mountain with his long spear ( the tactic was sound, a long weapon to keep the beast at bay); but when The Mountain tripped Oberyn and said:

Splat! I just had to stop reading for a few days hours and re-group.

It was like a minute or two for me. I just sat there mouth wide open, my ex sound asleep next to me, the loud exaggerated sigh that was coming out of my mouth the whole time the who time woke her up. Got the "stfu" so I continued reading. Good times. Good times. 

I did the same thing when I read Jon's last POV. Except I put the book down and paced my apartment for like 30 mins or so after the sigh.

Although not "wow that escalated quickly", Daenerys realizing in her last chapter of ADWD that she has been stalling, coz i was so used to the idea of her in meereen and her determination to rule, finally !!

and i did not see Jon being stabbed multiple times as Thorne was not in the picture and that blasted boar kept ghost on the edge

3 hours ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

I was on a plane when I read the part about the mountain killing oberyn. I actually said, "oh sh**!!!" Really loudly and the guy next to me thought I was crazy but I thought for sure the mountain was going down.

The first time I read the Red Wedding I was on a train. My stop was coming up and I almost missed it because I was reading the final Cat chapter and was just so drawn in! I just kept thinking; no, that didn't just happen did it? The chapter makes such good use of suspense too that I couldn't put my kobo down

On 12/12/2015 at 10:12 PM, Equilibrium said:

Bran getting tossed off tower. I was like nice book about little kids and their pets who will probably fight ice demons some time soon and then bam! handsome knight have been fucking his sister the queen and he just killed the apparent main character of the series.

I was disappointed when I learned Bran survived, it kinda cheapened the shock.

I took an immediate liking to Bran at the beginning. I thought he was going to grow up to be a warrior or something, but then they crippled him and we got Jon instead. That still annoys me to this day.

House of the Undying. "Ghosts" trying to drain the life out of Dany. Then Drogon burns the whole thing down. Dany escapes and Pyat Pree goes to attack Dany, her bloodriders stop him. It went from quick escalation, to confusion, then anticlimax (with Pyat).

Ned getting executed did it for me.  I somehow got a copy of GoT when I was all of twelve, so this was not the Sci-Fi I was used to.  The Red Wedding took a little bit to process.  Jamie losing his hand was definitely a surprise.  Dany and how she assumed command of the Unsullied, then proceeded to wreck shop.

But I'd say Cerisei sending Senelle et al to Qyburn would be the biggest one in more recent memory.  

Archived