TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

Just now, First of My Name said:

Might, could... as long as you keep coming with arguments like these I'll keep considering myself the winner of this debate.

Keep searching for certainty in an uncertain universe and you're guaranteed to be disappointed. 

Just now, First of My Name said:

Most definitely, with people like you around. But what else am I going to do with my time?

Post-modernism FTW!

Also, everyone should take a moment to admire this brilliant piece of American engineering. The vehicle that conquered the Nazis.

aClMxoC.jpg

2 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

Apparently drone cameras to take 3D bird perspective selfies are now available. 

Drone Selfies and Pirvate Property Rights: Are we Becoming More Narcissistic In This Era of the Trump?

This post is brought to you by a mish-mash of GenChat thread titles/topics

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Drone Selfies and Pirvate Property Rights: Are we Becoming More Narcissistic In This Era of the Trump?

:rofl: 

i would say we definitely are, but I wouldn't attribute it to Donald Trump.

20 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

It's not. I just came across that phrase one too many times on the Internet. 

When Mad Max crosses over with Waterworld, everything will be alright.

19 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Agreed 100%. By far the worst part of the update.

A cry track would be so much better than a laugh track. I'm imagining the dramatic wailing of teenagers and the inconsolable bawling of toddlers over every dramatic scene in movie history. Suddenly everything is a comedy.

And here I was hoping you had seen the light...

Another thought I had a few days back was so many pens and pencils don't live out their full potential. Kind of sad isn't it.

18 hours ago, felice said:

Gravity sucks? Of course, it depends on how flexible you are in the definition of "sky" - there are likely a great many more submarines on other planets (ie in our sky) than airplanes in our sea.

18 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

There are equal numbers of both in space however.

Whoa.

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

GenChat didn't take a lot of time to become like GenAsoiaf did it ?

Even if we assume that there are a potential infinite number of planes and a potential infinite number of submarines, there is no evidence to suggest that they have equal cardinality. In the limited part of universe that we know there seems to be no indication that the two numbers can be paired and found matching.

6 minutes ago, The King In Black said:

If I die in the same hospital I was born in that would mean the average velocity of my life is zero

It depends on your point of reference - it's only zero if you measure relative to Earth, and if you don't count plate tectonics.

39 minutes ago, Eyron said:

Even if we assume that there are a potential infinite number of planes and a potential infinite number of submarines, there is no evidence to suggest that they have equal cardinality. In the limited part of universe that we know there seems to be no indication that the two numbers can be paired and found matching.

If the time span is infinite then there will be an infinite number of both. 

Archived