TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

I only have four of my ex-schoolmates on facebook, and I do not really see just having somebody listed as "friend" on there as "keeping in contact". I have tried to arrange meetings and stuff with those that I want to keep seeing, but after being told so many times "no time, cannot, blablabla", one kind of gives in. It is really sad that I feel very very few people that I met in my whole life actually want to spend time with me.

So if somebody were to organise a highschool reunion of my classs and remembered to invite me, I would love to go, because some of my ex-schoolmates were great people and are part of my past. I am obviously not going to even try to organise that by myself because I fear nobody would show up anyway.

I do keep in touch with those couple people who are my friends from high school. And with the rest of them, I do not particularly want to spend half a day with and it's also not like I haven't heard of them in five years. I hear of them. but I'm repeating myself. I have no idea whether I'm going or not. Depends on the current mood I will have that day, the amount of peer pressure, etc... 

Watched Vikings. Oh Ragnar :lol: at least that shit made me smile today. F this day really. 

29 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I have started reading The Last Kingdom, btw. About a third in now. It is interesting enough.

Just a heads up, there are 9 books in the series so far. Don't ink they are finished yet, but then I've only finished the first 3

2 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

I do keep in touch with those couple people who are my friends from high school. And with the rest of them, I do not particularly want to spend half a day with and it's also not like I haven't heard of them in five years. I hear of them. but I'm repeating myself. I have no idea whether I'm going or not. Depends on the current mood I will have that day, the amount of peer pressure, etc... 

Watched Vikings. Oh Ragnar :lol: at least that shit made me smile today. F this day really. 

Vikings :wub: 

9 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

I have not heard a word from some of my classmates in years actually.

Vikings are great. :D There is a generally polite and enthusiastic ongoing discussion up in Entertainment, if you want to join, btw. :) Just to obsess over how funny Ragnar is!

Spoiler

And Rollo's wedding night too!

10 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Just a heads up, there are 9 books in the series so far. Don't ink they are finished yet, but then I've only finished the first 3

I do not have a plan to read all nine for now, will see. Thanks for the information anyway. :)

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I have not heard a word from some of my classmates in years actually.

Vikings are great. :D There is a generally polite and enthusiastic ongoing discussion up in Entertainment, if you want to join, btw. :) Just to obsess over how funny Ragnar is!

Reveal hidden contents

And Rollo's wedding night too!

Spoiler

I know, I couldn't decide which was more hilarious. The tantrum that stupid princess threw though... 

I guess it still didn't beat "you want to be king one day? Then get me some ale" 

I might check it out next week, thanks for telling me :) but my current mood would only jeopardize the polite part of that discussion and I had been an arse to enough people already for one day. (This has nothing to do with the class reunion, I know I make a big dea out of it but not this big a deal definitely) 

night night! 

Oh wait. I have just one question left that I'm absolutely lost at. 

Spoiler

So do crossbows take long to load or not?

Because that's not what I've seen this episode. 

1 hour ago, BB-Rhae said:

So if you want to know how to kill a thread, I hold master classes every Monday and Friday at 5pm. Registration from 4.30pm. If you want to win a free class tweet me your murder weapon till Sunday 12.00am CET. 

Coming soon to Westeros TV; How to Get Away with Thread Kills. Starring Jennifer Lawrence as Rhaenys. 

GC, do Pebble, Lany, and Turinqui Calima count as "originals"? Those are still around, and occasionally other "old posters" appear too. In any case, hi!

To-do list:

• French homework
  • Preparation for Tuesday's teaching
  • Proofreading the article for the student paper

Ta daaa! (Not that I still have a Master thesis to write. :leaving: But lets leave that today.)

That was one bad article I just read. :rolleyes: I hope the author is going to correct it. I have no idea what the editor thought his job was, because he obviously has not read the article.

On 20/02/2016 at 9:29 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I've only read the first book, but personally I prefer his Sharpe series-both book and TV adaptions.

Vikings however is great, although I have to say it was all I could do to refrain from blasting Aslaug with Force Lightning.

13 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I've only read the first book, but personally I prefer his Sharpe series-both book and TV adaptions.

Vikings however is great, although I have to say it was all I could do to refrain from blasting Aslaug with Force Lightning.

Don't hold back, blast away! 

I've not read the Sharpe books. But the Warlord Trilogy is much better too, and is also set for an adaptation soon I think

On the topic of School Reunions, the King in Black has the following thoughts : Don't.

Ours was a disaster. made worse by the fact that one of our classmates had passed away and some genius had the idea of keeping a memorium sort of thing. Long story short , chick fights are way worse in real life.

morning spammies

hey Bexie...powerwashing the hide...seems a little drastic ...wouldn't a shower do... ;)

hope you get settled soon...moving sucks ass

:smoking:

eta: i am still wondering if anyone has been in touch with King Tyrion l, if it wouldn't invade his privacy perhaps someone who is friends on facebook/skype/in the real world could give us an update...i miss the shared cuppa and laughs...

I realised I am absolutely uninterested in the topic I blindly chose for my thesis. There is also very little written about it, so I cannot find almost any relevant literature. What sources there are are only in some silly places I probably have no access to.

I am seriously thinking about changing the topic, but I have no idea what I want to write about really.

:angry:

Archived