TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

Was supposed to go home today. Had a case of the downs and now I'm just sat in bed, in my pyjamas, not wanting to move. And my flatmates have gone home this weekend, or in one case is with her boyfriend. 

Wake me when it's Monday 

9 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Was supposed to go home today. Had a case of the downs and now I'm just sat in bed, in my pyjamas, not wanting to move. And my flatmates have gone home this weekend, or in one case is with her boyfriend. 

Wake me when it's Monday 

Go see Deadpool. Everything will be alright.

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Wake me when it's Monday 

You must get out of bed, you have a job to

DO

:kiss: feel better Helena :grouphug: 

Edit: I should probably apologize for my horrid sense of humor. The dark humor usually makes me laugh when I'm blue and it must be in the air because I had to force myself outta bed today. Actually, Lil O forced me. 

My brilliant solution for my blues was to pump myself full of caffeine for the hope of motivation. I have a house that is in desperate need of cleaning and organizing. All I ended up with is being wide awake at midnight and being a lazy bum on my couch and watching Jessica Jones (great recommendation btw). 

1 hour ago, The King In Black said:

And now that you think about it, who would have thought you'd get to see a new Star Wars movie and a new Harry Potter before you'd read The Winds of Winter ?

I called SW ahead of TWOW when Disney first bought Star Wars. I won my bet comfortably. Sad to say the long wait has made me less excited for TWOW though. It was at the top of my list a few years ago, now it's just one in the crowd.

Not too concerned about Harry Potter either way though.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Wake me when it's Monday 

Getting out of bed is overrated tbh. That's why we have Netflix and Amazon Prime. 

20 hours ago, Eyron said:

Ooh now I see, Rhae. Well the force was always strong with your sis xD she's a menace in her own right. (Take that as a compliment!)

I was always lucky to not have to be the new girl at school. And never extroverted enough to be a threat anyway. Girls who gave me the evil eye mostly realised I was not taking part in any of their made up competitions and left me alone soon enough. 

Lord S that girl seems like good apprentice material don't you think?

What I dont get is how she had already had a gang before school even started back in summer. Social media and all, I'm gen Y too, but wow. 

Oh I had been a new girl. I was very little though so I wasn't particularly anxious about it as I would have been if we were teens. I had already known two girls from my new class too. They were very nice from the start and accepted me as part of their gang at once. And we just paid no attention to the 'cool girls' crew.

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

/annoying stuff friends do

I adore her, but people changing already made plans annoy me so so so much. We have enough trouble arranging to meet as it is (she is only in the country till Sunday), cannot she at least hold on to what we agreed?

Does sister have bullying tendencies? :( You be a good sister and give her the example of not doing it. Poor new girl!

I never was a new girl at school, but was picked on anyway. And I did not exhibit any competitive behaviour either. I do not think this is any protection ...

Putting together a 1000-pieces puzzle now. It is getting boring.

It has been snowing yesterday and during the night. I need to go take a walk in the snow.

That's really really annoying and disappointing. I'm okay with people canceling because I kinda cancel more than apt too, but when they cancel for no particular reason at a ridiculous time, that's massive annoyance. It's the least to cancel in reasonable time and feel bad about it. Still better than ignoring a message two bubbles above the present one. That drives me maaaaaaaaaaaad. So, yeah, I feel you, and that's pretty annoying :/ 

I was never particularly popular but nobody openly picked on me. Somehow nobody picked on anybody in my class. We were just above that. I knew that this and this and this didn't like me and they knew I didn't like them either, but our philosophy was live and let live. as for competition, there was some, overall studying based. This girl wanted my place as top student and teacher favorite. The competition never got angry though and we ended up sharing the place even though we never ever became friends. 

So-so. Sister is never cruel without reason or for fun. However, when someone starts it and lashes out at her or picks on her, they are going to regret it, because she will destroy them. And her bullying is also never aimed at the weak, because she knows they hold no threat to her. It's like a medieval drama mixed with a teen movie. 

2 hours ago, The King In Black said:

And now that you think about it, who would have thought you'd get to see a new Star Wars movie and a new Harry Potter before you'd read The Winds of Winter ?

I will have this carved into my tomb when I die without reading winds of winter. 

To finish this monster post, I must tell you this. My life is changed forever. I. Got. A new. *drumrolls* kitchen bin!!!!! It's magic! It's the best thing that ever happened! It's so big and convenient and the pedal is working and it's not about to turn over and spill every time I try to use it and it came from Valhalla shiny and chrome, and it works and it's just magic. life changed forever. 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

<_< Friend and I agreed yesterday to meet today. I even sent her my phone number again because I know she always changes her phone and is kind of unreliable and might not have it again.
 Buses on a Saturday are horrible from my town to the city, so I have to plan ahead when I want to be somewhere.

Then she sends me a message on fb some time during the night that she cannot make it and hopes I see this message as she does not have my phone number. Which I sent her yesterday two messages above. *grinds teeth like Stannis*

I adore her, but people changing already made plans annoy me so so so much. We have enough trouble arranging to meet as it is (she is only in the country till Sunday), cannot she at least hold on to what we agreed?

Does sister have bullying tendencies? :( You be a good sister and give her the example of not doing it. Poor new girl!

I never was a new girl at school, but was picked on anyway. And I did not exhibit any competitive behaviour either. I do not think this is any protection ...

Putting together a 1000-pieces puzzle now. It is getting boring.

It has been snowing yesterday and during the night. I need to go take a walk in the snow.

Sorry about your frienddate, that sucks :/ Some people are just like that, easily distracted and not paying attention.

You are right, and I didn't mean that it was protection against being picked on. I went to the same class for 9 years and knew many since before school too so they knew I wouldn't take part in their schemes or be part of the click. It didn't make me popular but I was left alone by them. I was picked on by a new guy in another class when we were teenagers in high school, but no one would support him, they were just quiet. I ignored him and snapped back sometimes. There was a very awkward situation with him a couple of years later, when it turned out he had become good friends with a couple of my friends, and we all were out together. It turned out he didn't recall me from school, just vaguely lol. He didn't recognise me at all at first which led to a very weird him trying to flirt with me -situation.

I hope you had a nice walk :) We had some snow too last night but it melted early today.

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Wake me when it's Monday 

Boo for feeling down. Put on some of your favourite music and explore the sidebar of youtube, is my suggestion. You can sit right where you are in your pj and still be far away in your mind.

21 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

I was never particularly popular but nobody openly picked on me. Somehow nobody picked on anybody in my class. We were just above that. I knew that this and this and this didn't like me and they knew I didn't like them either, but our philosophy was live and let live. as for competition, there was some, overall studying based. This girl wanted my place as top student and teacher favorite. The competition never got angry though and we ended up sharing the place even though we never ever became friends.

--

To finish this monster post, I must tell you this. My life is changed forever. I. Got. A new. *drumrolls* kitchen bin!!!!! It's magic! It's the best thing that ever happened! It's so big and convenient and the pedal is working and it's not about to turn over and spill every time I try to use it and it came from Valhalla shiny and chrome, and it works and it's just magic. life changed forever. 

I usually became friends with the new classmates that dropped in every year. The teacher used to place them beside me when they arrived. And sometimes the troubled kids since I would help them with schoolwork and have some kind of good influence on them supposedly. In middle school that worked until one guy tried to prick me with sharpened pencils for an hour or so, and it ended with me punching him really hard in the shoulder. Teacher saw the flaw in her plan xD

You got it from IKEA? :P

Latest thing I bought and loved was the very unprofessional looking bright green phone wallet and matching pen. It's so GREEN.

4 hours ago, The King In Black said:

i agree KiB...this is why i am glad for the show since i expect to be dead before books are finished

:smoking:

Made another cake today. Shhhh, do not tell anybody I did not make it from scratch. It turned out very fine.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Wake me when it's Monday 

:grouphug:

If it makes you feel any better, I am home alone till Monday too. I am lonely and now that I did not manage to see the friend, even more so. Anyway, if you want to talk to somebody, my PM is still there. :)

1 hour ago, BB-Rhae said:

Oh I had been a new girl. I was very little though so I wasn't particularly anxious about it as I would have been if we were teens. I had already known two girls from my new class too. They were very nice from the start and accepted me as part of their gang at once. And we just paid no attention to the 'cool girls' crew.

That's really really annoying and disappointing. I'm okay with people canceling because I kinda cancel more than apt too, but when they cancel for no particular reason at a ridiculous time, that's massive annoyance. It's the least to cancel in reasonable time and feel bad about it. Still better than ignoring a message two bubbles above the present one. That drives me maaaaaaaaaaaad. So, yeah, I feel you, and that's pretty annoying :/ 

So-so. Sister is never cruel without reason or for fun. However, when someone starts it and lashes out at her or picks on her, they are going to regret it, because she will destroy them. And her bullying is also never aimed at the weak, because she knows they hold no threat to her. It's like a medieval drama mixed with a teen movie. 

You must have been very mature children. My schoolmates seem not to have been that way. I was no competition for being "popular" with ... whom? With whom are 13/14-year-olds popular? Boys? I have often been told by adults - parents and teachers - that they were jealous because teachers liked me beacuse I was a good pupil, but I do not know how true that is. I mean, if you are jealous of somebody's school success and want to do the same, then the obvious solution is try harder at school? As opposed to picking on a classmate that teachers like, which will probably not make teachers like you? Or am I trying to apply too much sense to average 14-year-olds?

In one thing I was even too little competitive for everybody else, and that was sports ... I simply did not care if our team (which was by default the team that was choosing last) lost whatever we were playing and never tried to do better in it. Not that it would have done any good if I had, I was and am horrible at handling a ball. I got blamed for losing usually - I did not care about the play of whatever sport I was horrible at with the team that did not want me, but it sure hurts hearing the blame for something all the time.

I get annoyed when people cancel or change already arranged things. I understand that things happen, but then sometimes it is hard to think something is a good reason. In this instance, I happen to know the reason was partying last night, which made it impossible for my friend to get up that "early" (we agreed to meet at 10 AM).

26 minutes ago, Eyron said:

You are right, and I didn't mean that it was protection against being picked on. I went to the same class for 9 years and knew many since before school too so they knew I wouldn't take part in their schemes or be part of the click. It didn't make me popular but I was left alone by them. I was picked on by a new guy in another class when we were teenagers in high school, but no one would support him, they were just quiet. I ignored him and snapped back sometimes. There was a very awkward situation with him a couple of years later, when it turned out he had become good friends with a couple of my friends, and we all were out together. It turned out he didn't recall me from school, just vaguely lol. He didn't recognise me at all at first which led to a very weird him trying to flirt with me -situation.

That must have been a funny situation. :D

I did not know anybody when I went to primary school, nor when I went to high school (I was vaguely acquainted with three guys that went to the same school, but not the same class, so it did not matter). I disliked that when I went to primary school, but I was happy to leave the pickers-on and bullies when I went to high school and was optimistic about not knowing anybody in the new environment.

18 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

God I love Deadwood. I may have to watch it yet again. 

Happy Friday night to you Sniffer :cheers: 

may your weekend be groovy :smoking: 

whenever i feel bad i watch deadwood...whenever i feel glad i watch deadwood...because a cocksucker or a degenerate titlicker should always be ready to party... ;)

happy saturday night to you my darling Lady O...and all my weekends (and week days as well) are always groovy...here's hoping yours are the same... :cheers:

:smoking:

54 minutes ago, Eyron said:

I usually became friends with the new classmates that dropped in every year. The teacher used to place them beside me when they arrived. And sometimes the troubled kids since I would help them with schoolwork and have some kind of good influence on them supposedly. In middle school that worked until one guy tried to prick me with sharpened pencils for an hour or so, and it ended with me punching him really hard in the shoulder. Teacher saw the flaw in her plan xD

You got it from IKEA? :P

Latest thing I bought and loved was the very unprofessional looking bright green phone wallet and matching pen. It's so GREEN.

We didn't have kids like that because we went to a "good school" where kids were smart. We had entry exams and all. And if someone happened to perform really poorly, they dropped out of the whole school. That's a really noble role however, helping those kids who had trouble with school, you must have been an amazingly kind kid. 

Where else? :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Made another cake today. Shhhh, do not tell anybody I did not make it from scratch. It turned out very fine.

:grouphug:

If it makes you feel any better, I am home alone till Monday too. I am lonely and now that I did not manage to see the friend, even more so. Anyway, if you want to talk to somebody, my PM is still there. :)

You must have been very mature children. My schoolmates seem not to have been that way. I was no competition for being "popular" with ... whom? With whom are 13/14-year-olds popular? Boys? I have often been told by adults - parents and teachers - that they were jealous because teachers liked me beacuse I was a good pupil, but I do not know how true that is. I mean, if you are jealous of somebody's school success and want to do the same, then the obvious solution is try harder at school? As opposed to picking on a classmate that teachers like, which will probably not make teachers like you? Or am I trying to apply too much sense to average 14-year-olds?

In one thing I was even too little competitive for everybody else, and that was sports ... I simply did not care if our team (which was by default the team that was choosing last) lost whatever we were playing and never tried to do better in it. Not that it would have done any good if I had, I was and am horrible at handling a ball. I got blamed for losing usually - I did not care about the play of whatever sport I was horrible at with the team that did not want me, but it sure hurts hearing the blame for something all the time.

I get annoyed when people cancel or change already arranged things. I understand that things happen, but then sometimes it is hard to think something is a good reason. In this instance, I happen to know the reason was partying last night, which made it impossible for my friend to get up that "early" (we agreed to meet at 10 AM).

That must have been a funny situation. :D

I did not know anybody when I went to primary school, nor when I went to high school (I was vaguely acquainted with three guys that went to the same school, but not the same class, so it did not matter). I disliked that when I went to primary school, but I was happy to leave the pickers-on and bullies when I went to high school and was optimistic about not knowing anybody in the new environment.

You are becoming quite a baker *.* congrats on the cake. 

And I'm here to join the home alone till Monday Club :commie: I was supposed to go to a pizza and cards party tonight but I cancelled :eek: as my voice is still cranky and I cough. No need for anybody to catch whatever I caught. 

Trying harder is grown up logic, and even more mature grown up logic. I don't suppose teens would come to that conclusion when they saw someone is better at school than they are. 

I was pretty bad at sports too and my friend circle was generally not into sports so we always lost these PE team contests and never gave an F. When we grew older we just started making up all the excuses to skip class so it was even less of an issue. 

I'm sorry you had to experience being picked on at school :( kids can be really dumb and cruel. 

Canceling because she partied the previous night is unforgivable. I don't have words for how much I hate that. If you cancel on me because you are too hungover to get up, nothing came up, you simply chose to get wasted over meeting up with me. grrr. I hate when people cancel something because they partied. I mean it's your choice to party and your choice when you go home and your choice how much you drink. Grrr, now I got angry with your friend :eek::lol: 

Buck, It was kind of funny, but at first when I saw he was there, my heart just froze and the evening was ruined. I was angry, since he had made me cry a few times (not when anyone but my best friend saw naturally), and all that came rushing back. But I tried to see what kind of person he was now, however it didn't really work. It's like I could forgive him for being a mean silly boy, but I could never really get past it completely. I ran into him again another time and it was again a very weird situation. He came to the place I worked at weekends and I had to help him out with something, and he was treating me like we were old friends.

Well, your classmates sucked imo, Bucky. You are smart and funny, and should not have to put up with that crap. I am just glad I was left alone, and accepted. The popular girls usually tried to get me into their group every once in a while, but I never liked or trusted them really. I much preferred the odd ones and getting to know new people. Me, another girl and a boy were competing for being best in class, and it was pretty even. We were friends though, the three of us, so it was all ok.

I loved finally moving on to another school at age 15. I just had one classmate with me from school and him and me were buddies. The girls liked him, so most of them wanted to be my friend. It was a great school in general, I don't think I ever saw anyone get bullied or even close to it.

Rhae, mine was a fairly good school too. There was little bullying going on, and if there were it more took the form of evil plots than physical bullying.

Home until Monday here as well! :commie: I just got some emails and stuff to write tomorrow so I'm just going to watch some shows and relax.

On 12/02/2016 at 9:53 PM, BB-Rhae said:

Destroy? My sweet summer child, sister is invincible. The force is so strong with that one, she will soon kill her master and take over as ultimate ruler of the Galaxy. 

Just blast her with Force Lightning while she's asleep, it's a tried and tested method.

19 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

i am convinced tv was invented all those yrs ago just for this scene

I love that scene, that and his one vile fucking task after another speech are brilliant.

19 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

God I love Deadwood. I may have to watch it yet again. 

Me too, I'm considering another rewatch.

23 hours ago, Eyron said:

Lord S that girl seems like good apprentice material don't you think?

Possibly, I need a new apprentice, I'm surrounded by idiots :(.

56 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

And I'm here to join the home alone till Monday Club :commie: I was supposed to go to a pizza and cards party tonight but I cancelled :eek: as my voice is still cranky and I cough. No need for anybody to catch whatever I caught. 

Trying harder is grown up logic, and even more mature grown up logic. I don't suppose teens would come to that conclusion when they saw someone is better at school than they are. 

I was pretty bad at sports too and my friend circle was generally not into sports so we always lost these PE team contests and never gave an F. When we grew older we just started making up all the excuses to skip class so it was even less of an issue. 

I'm sorry you had to experience being picked on at school :( kids can be really dumb and cruel. 

Canceling because she partied the previous night is unforgivable. I don't have words for how much I hate that. If you cancel on me because you are too hungover to get up, nothing came up, you simply chose to get wasted over meeting up with me. grrr. I hate when people cancel something because they partied. I mean it's your choice to party and your choice when you go home and your choice how much you drink. Grrr, now I got angry with your friend :eek::lol: 

Great, join the club! *puts cake on the table for the Home Alone Till Monday Club meeting*

Having a cranky voice and not wanting others to catch germs is a good reason. Partying the previous night ... IDK. I know her enough to expect that from her honestly. And you do not need to be angry with her! :lol: Well, she is just much more of a partying late person than me. I am the person that spent Friday evening putting together a puzzle. :P

Oh right, I should know better than to think 13-year-olds use mature logic. :rolleyes: Maybe they were not even enough introspective that they realised they were jealous of children whom teachers liked better. But then the girl who was my friend at the time, she had similarly great grades as me, and was approximately the most popular person at school. So you never know what is really going on.

I was too much of a goody-two-shoes to skip PE classes. I hated them though. Hated changing in front of the other girls because of issues about my body that gave them the excuse to pick on me, too.

37 minutes ago, Eyron said:

Buck, It was kind of funny, but at first when I saw he was there, my heart just froze and the evening was ruined. I was angry, since he had made me cry a few times (not when anyone but my best friend saw naturally), and all that came rushing back. But I tried to see what kind of person he was now, however it didn't really work. It's like I could forgive him for being a mean silly boy, but I could never really get past it completely. I ran into him again another time and it was again a very weird situation. He came to the place I worked at weekends and I had to help him out with something, and he was treating me like we were old friends.

Well, your classmates sucked imo, Bucky. You are smart and funny, and should not have to put up with that crap. I am just glad I was left alone, and accepted. The popular girls usually tried to get me into their group every once in a while, but I never liked or trusted them really. I much preferred the odd ones and getting to know new people. Me, another girl and a boy were competing for being best in class, and it was pretty even. We were friends though, the three of us, so it was all ok.

I loved finally moving on to another school at age 15. I just had one classmate with me from school and him and me were buddies. The girls liked him, so most of them wanted to be my friend. It was a great school in general, I don't think I ever saw anyone get bullied or even close to it.

Rhae, mine was a fairly good school too. There was little bullying going on, and if there were it more took the form of evil plots than physical bullying.

Home until Monday here as well! :commie: I just got some emails and stuff to write tomorrow so I'm just going to watch some shows and relax.

Obviously some of the bad feeling about the person will stay. I think I would feel similarly about my primary school people that picked on me if I met them now.
Obviously, he knew you and wanted to be friends when he needed something ... that makes me angry at your acquaintance!

Odd people for the win. :cheers: That is why we are here, and we love it. And the "popular" (whatever that means) in primary/high school are not trustworthy, it is known.

My high school was very good, I do not remember any bullying there.

Join the club! ;)

36 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Just blast her with Force Lightning while she's asleep, it's a tried and tested method.

We all know how well that worked out for you in the end too :D 

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Great, join the club! *puts cake on the table for the Home Alone Till Monday Club meeting*

Having a cranky voice and not wanting others to catch germs is a good reason. Partying the previous night ... IDK. I know her enough to expect that from her honestly. And you do not need to be angry with her! :lol: Well, she is just much more of a partying late person than me. I am the person that spent Friday evening putting together a puzzle. :P

Oh right, I should know better than to think 13-year-olds use mature logic. :rolleyes: Maybe they were not even enough introspective that they realised they were jealous of children whom teachers liked better. But then the girl who was my friend at the time, she had similarly great grades as me, and was approximately the most popular person at school. So you never know what is really going on.

I was too much of a goody-two-shoes to skip PE classes. I hated them though. Hated changing in front of the other girls because of issues about my body that gave them the excuse to pick on me, too.

Obviously some of the bad feeling about the person will stay. I think I would feel similarly about my primary school people that picked on me if I met them now.
Obviously, he knew you and wanted to be friends when he needed something ... that makes me angry at your acquaintance!

Odd people for the win. :cheers: That is why we are here, and we love it. And the "popular" (whatever that means) in primary/high school are not trustworthy, it is known.

My high school was very good, I do not remember any bullying there.

Join the club! ;)

Meh, being a party person doesn't mean you get to flip out your I'm a party person VIP card when you agreed to do stuff the next day. Because, like I said, you don't choose being stuck in traffic or getting sick, but you do choose when you go home from a party and how much you drink. That's just my view. 

Oh, I always hated puzzles :eek: 

High school popularity imo is based on looks, sass and being up to date on what's going on (with people, cool stuff, events). Or so I see with sister. 

In 4th grade we had co-ed changing rooms. Now that was awkward. even as kids. When I went to grammar school we had proper girls and boys changing rooms and that was fine. 

7 hours ago, The King In Black said:

Man, if I'd known that when I finished ADWD...

5 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

I called SW ahead of TWOW when Disney first bought Star Wars. I won my bet comfortably. Sad to say the long wait has made me less excited for TWOW though. It was at the top of my list a few years ago, now it's just one in the crowd.

Getting out of bed is overrated tbh. That's why we have Netflix and Amazon Prime. 

Same for me where TWOW is concerned. My interest is pretty low at the moment.

Wise man.

Archived