What magic is house hightower investigating?

purple-eyes

Reyton hightower and his daughter were in the tower for like 10 years to learn magic. 

What magic they are checking? 

I guess it is not how to maintain beauty by bathing in blood. 

How to tame or kill a dragon? How to defeat iron born? 

Crackpot incoming!

We know the Hightowers have somewhat strangely given asylum to Alekyne Florent, an attainted and well-known traitor. What's up with that?

Well, what if Leyton was like,

"Welcome to Oldtown, my boy! As long as you're behind these walls you're relatively safe. And do try the whores sometime. Everyone does! But seriously now, I was just curious if you might have any information about Lord Celtigar and his Claw Isle. I'm asking because your kin, including your own father, was cavorting with him at Dragonstone and might've heard something. Even here in the heights of the Hightower I caught some whiff of a scheme of sorts hatched by your uncle, about having a Lysene pirate raid Celtigar's castle? You see, I'm particularly interested on a certain horn that I think might be most helpful for us with our present Ironborn problem? You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, do you?"

3 hours ago, Balerion's Whiskers said:

They've both been out of sight for 10 years...hmmm...there's been a poleboat with mysterious occupants hiding out in Essos for that long...hmmm....

Yeap! And there's a smokin' hot MILF named Lemore on it who has to maintain a secret identity... 

4 minutes ago, Nozlym said:

that would be some serious shit right there. it would answer the friends in the reach pretty easily. and also give us a clue as to where jon con and co r heading next.

I think they'll head to Oldtown regardless. I've always liked Fire Eater's theory about Aegon showing up at the last minute and saving the Hightowers from the Ironborn attack. And then he gets officially crowned at Oldtown like Aegon I (I think?) as a crowd cheers, Dany's vision fulfilled. 

1 minute ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I think they'll head to Oldtown regardless. I've always liked Fire Eater's theory about Aegon showing up at the last minute and saving the Hightowers from the Ironborn attack. And then he gets officially crowned at Oldtown like Aegon I (I think?) as a crowd cheers, Dany's vision fulfilled. 

ya it would certainly be a smart move. but we know how radical young faegon can be.

6 minutes ago, Nozlym said:

ya it would certainly be a smart move. but we know how radical young faegon can be.

True and coupled with the fact we really need some idea why the Hightowers have been allowed to bow out of every major conflict since they joined the reach and what the grey rats are really all about...

25 minutes ago, The Dragon has three heads said:

True and coupled with the fact we really need some idea why the Hightowers have been allowed to bow out of every major conflict since they joined the reach and what the grey rats are really all about...

I have to wonder how they're going to bow out of the debacle over Brightwater, since Leyton (presumably) is sheltering his brother in law Alekyne while a force comes to take it for his grandson Garlan. That's going to be a tough one to stay neutral about. 

2 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

I have to wonder how they're going to bow out of the debacle over Brightwater, since Leyton (presumably) is sheltering his brother in law Alekyne while a force comes to take it for his grandson Garlan. That's going to be a tough one to stay neutral about. 

Exactly.  I think we'll be seeing a new house in control of the reach very soon.

4 hours ago, The Dragon has three heads said:

Exactly.  I think we'll be seeing a new house in control of the reach very soon.

I agree. I don't know why all the political connections were firing in Jaime's head the day he suggested Cersei ask Mace to win back Storms End, or how she was smart enough to do it, but it was one of their better moves.  Highgarden winds up spread all over the south. 

8 hours ago, The Fresh PtwP said:

My biggest problem with this Is how JonCon treats Haldon. No way a lord Hightower Is takIng that shit

Yeah, I agree Haldon is unlikely to be a great lord, but what do you think about Lemore being the Mad Maid?

9 hours ago, The Fresh PtwP said:

My biggest problem with this Is how JonCon treats Haldon. No way a lord Hightower Is takIng that shit

Consider that House Hightower despite great wealth never fought to control the Reach since giving way to the Gardeners. Yet they were at the center of the "greens". Haldon quietly allowing JonCon to be the visible man behind fAegon whilst hiding his identity is actually very smart & consistent with their larger view. If the invasion fails he & Lemore have an alibi..

46 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

Consider that House Hightower despite great wealth never fought to control the Reach since giving way to the Gardeners. Yet they were at the center of the "greens". Haldon quietly allowing JonCon to be the visible man behind fAegon whilst hiding his identity is actually very smart & consistent with their larger view. If the invasion fails he & Lemore have an alibi..

So Leyton is helping a pretender whose rise to power would most likely mean the death/exile/doom of his granddaughter, grandsons, daughter and son-in-law? 

Man, Leyton is an asshole. 

Archived