TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

And expensive. Yesterday's tickets were 6,10 euros each! It is cheaper in smaller artsy cinemas, but none other cinema had the same movie.

That's cheap compared to what they cost here actually. A night to the movies costs me €15, including a drink and a medium popcorn. Which is part of why I don't do it that often.

3 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

We are all guilty of not paying attention from time to time :D 

I thought it was boring but bearable as a movie and an absolute letdown as a finale of a great trilogy. But yeah, you are right, these adaptations can't be judged too harshly and the standard shouldn't be the book version. Compared to Mockingjay 1 it was actually a little bit better. 

It didn't bore me but I dislike how

Spoiler

it builds up to a conclusion that isn't there because Katniss is unconscious while it happens. It just doesn't work as a climax. And the road there has some flaws too. I like Katniss killing Coin instead of Snow and voting to host another Games, but the final scene worked better in the book for me (partially because Katniss doesn't look any older in it).

20 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Is Rapunzel holding Fifty Shades of Grey? :P 

2 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

That's cheap compared to what they cost here actually. A night to the movies costs me €15, including a drink and a medium popcorn. Which is part of why I don't do it that often.

Oh, now that is REALLY expensive. I assume everthing must be a bit more expensive where you are probably.

And I think she is, I noticed that too. :lol: Bad Rapunzel!

Just now, Buckwheat said:

Oh, now that is REALLY expensive. I assume everthing must be a bit more expensive where you are probably.

And I think she is, I noticed that too. :lol: Bad Rapunzel!

Yeah, god bless free downloading sites because I'd never see new movies without them. (Well, I went to see Star Wars twice, so that cost me €30, but that was Star Wars).
It's also a pretty big cinema that I go to, and they can afford to charge much because I believe they're the only one in the city. Which is weird now that I think about it.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That is capitalism for you ... they will charge more when they can. :angry:

Oh, nobody said it was not stupid or dangerous, but it is entertaining to watch. ;) And she was not even a princess, she was just supposed to be married off to somebody. About a princess ... if I could be a princess-turning-into-a-queen who can turn everything to ice like Elsa, sign me up. But if that means cleaning and cooking for seven dwarves, or falling asleep for 100 years only to wake up in time for getting married, then thanks, but no thanks. :P At least that is how I feel about it now, but I do not remember how I felt about it at 9-10.

Ohhhh Huns are heroes in your history books! That is good to know. *nods*

Elsa is a cool princess, I absolutely agree. As for Snow White and the others, I would totally clean for  seven dwarves/with a bunch of annoying mice in return for a prince on a white horse. But then I was always the kind of child who kidnapped her own barbies with a stuffed crocodile and had Ken save them on a white horse. :D 

Oh yes, absolutely. They are in the lyrics of our national anthem too as we originate ourselves from them. 

17 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Reveal hidden contents

it builds up to a conclusion that isn't there because Katniss is unconscious while it happens. It just doesn't work as a climax. And the road there has some flaws too. I like Katniss killing Coin instead of Snow and voting to host another Games, but the final scene worked better in the book for me (partially because Katniss doesn't look any older in it).

student ticket + movies food pack = €8-10 dependent on how much crap I get. I usually go for water, small popcorn, soft bretzel and some sort of sweets. 

Spoiler

I really didn't like the ending in the books either. What killed this movie was, imo, the amount of empty staring, the misuse of screen time and the overall poor closure of the story. 

Spoiler

Why is this a spoiler? :o 

By the way, does anybody know why Gwendoline Christie gets these absolutely unnecessary, meaningless and empty 3 minute roles in big movies to waste time? (Star Wars, Mockingjay) just wondering :dunno: 

Hey all,

So my boyfriend and I have challenged each other to getting into our desired physical shape. 

To give myself a nice jump-off, I did 200 squats (4 sets of 50) this evening and now I can barely walk. The plan is to do 200 a day, which I'm not looking forward to, as I'm not a fan of squats. Though I think it will help me tone where I want, so I'm working on staying positive.

Cheers to hoping everyone has a great day!

sips Red Bull and continues drawing

Oh, ps Rhae I didn't think you were wrong with your statement about the homeless , I just didn't feel like it was fair for me to react as I did.

Pps how is little O doing? Hope he's getting better! 

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Yeah, god bless free downloading sites because I'd never see new movies without them. (Well, I went to see Star Wars twice, so that cost me €30, but that was Star Wars).
It's also a pretty big cinema that I go to, and they can afford to charge much because I believe they're the only one in the city. Which is weird now that I think about it.

For that price, you might as well buy a collector's edition DVD and watch it repeatedly. :P

10 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

Elsa is a cool princess, I absolutely agree. As for Snow White and the others, I would totally clean for  seven dwarves/with a bunch of annoying mice in return for a prince on a white horse. But then I was always the kind of child who kidnapped her own barbies with a stuffed crocodile and had Ken save them on a white horse. :D 

Oh yes, absolutely. They are in the lyrics of our national anthem too as we originate ourselves from them. 

student ticket + movies food pack = €8-10 dependent on how much crap I get. I usually go for water, small popcorn, soft bretzel and some sort of sweets.

:lol: I can imagine little BB-Rhae playing like that. I was more building pillow houses and lego houses for my toys. But then I was the kind of child who ... read a classic teenage novel in primary school and complained why the women have such a passive role there (it was an epic historical novel with this big hero as a main person, and all the two positive women did was wait around for their men to rescue them and get married; and then there is that bad woman who has a bad character and makes others do bad evil things, and she is evil because she wants power as a woman and is horny, and we cannot have that). :D 

I never take popcorn or pretty much anything else to eat in the cinema. I find that the paper wrapping is just annoyingly noisy and that popcorn does not make you full either, and if I drink, I just need to go pee. :P I used to take candies with me when I was little, but stopped that too.

1 hour ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Hey all,

So my boyfriend and I have challenged each other to getting into our desired physical shape. 

To give myself a nice jump-off, I did 200 squats (4 sets of 50) this evening and now I can barely walk. The plan is to do 200 a day, which I'm not looking forward to, as I'm not a fan of squats. Though I think it will help me tone where I want, so I'm working on staying positive.

Just take care of yourself and do not overdo it, okay? :) I am sure your physical shape is already perfect.

Lazy today. Need to make myself productive.

For all the Grimm watchers - paging Lady O here! - I made a new thread up in Entertainment, come join. :)

Woo!

That looks pretty awesome, ab. I haven't seen it yet.

To add something of substance to the thread: I will know tomorrow if I'm fully well again, for Rhae who asked. Renovation hickups continue and it will be at least three more weeks until it's finished. *grumble* On the positive side of things, it's easter soon and I get a few days off, Thursday through Tuesday! (Added the Tuesday just to get some proper time off). And carpenter guy (a brother of a friend) looks somewhat like Bjorn, you know who Viking fans. 2m, blonde, tattooed and well fit :P Could be worse. Not that I see him a lot nor am interested :D

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

For that price, you might as well buy a collector's edition DVD and watch it repeatedly. :P

:lol: I can imagine little BB-Rhae playing like that. I was more building pillow houses and lego houses for my toys. But then I was the kind of child who ... read a classic teenage novel in primary school and complained why the women have such a passive role there (it was an epic historical novel with this big hero as a main person, and all the two positive women did was wait around for their men to rescue them and get married; and then there is that bad woman who has a bad character and makes others do bad evil things, and she is evil because she wants power as a woman and is horny, and we cannot have that). :D 

I never take popcorn or pretty much anything else to eat in the cinema. I find that the paper wrapping is just annoyingly noisy and that popcorn does not make you full either, and if I drink, I just need to go pee. :P I used to take candies with me when I was little, but stopped that too.

Wow. The one time I was in any way bothered by female characters' role was LOTR. I mean would it have hurt Tolkien to write a couple PG13 love scenes for Aragorn and Arwen? That was such a disappointment after the movies. 

Oh boy, so popcorn is noisy. and here I am always taking the seats in the corner in the last row so I can talk during movies as much as I like :lol: 

7 hours ago, Eyron said:

*throws popcorn at bucky*

*eats crunchy snack loudly*

*crunch crunch* :D 

oh I hope everything will turn out to be okay :) as for the renovation, patience patience patience. You are almost there :) well Bjorn is indeed not unpleasant to look on :D 

Cora, that sounds like a good challenge. I'm trying to wean myself back on exercising too, but it's not the easiest thing :eek: 

Thanks, things will be fine overall I am sure. The latest hickup is that the factory ran out of the tiles I had decided on for most of the walls. It's annoying considering it's a very small area and they usually always have it in stock in plenty. Boo. I'm too set on that kind to switch though. And I don't feel like doing more rounds to the store to find another, after all the time I already spent. I know what I want :commie:

Morning!

21 hours ago, Eyron said:

*throws popcorn at bucky*

*eats crunchy snack loudly*

:P

Good luck with the renovation.

14 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

Wow. The one time I was in any way bothered by female characters' role was LOTR. I mean would it have hurt Tolkien to write a couple PG13 love scenes for Aragorn and Arwen? That was such a disappointment after the movies. 

Oh boy, so popcorn is noisy. and here I am always taking the seats in the corner in the last row so I can talk during movies as much as I like :lol:

I only read the first book of LOTR. I had no interest whatsoever in any of the characters. There were no women at all.

Oh, I talk too. As long as talking is not very loud and constant, it does not bother me.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I only read the first book of LOTR. I had no interest whatsoever in any of the characters. There were no women at all.

I somehow managed to assume Merry and Pippin were girls when I first read it...

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Morning!

:P

Good luck with the renovation.

Oh, I talk too. As long as talking is not very loud and constant, it does not bother me.

lotr was terribly boring. I have no idea how they managed to make such an awesome movie from it. 

I usually try to keep my talking quite and hope that it doesn't bother others :o 

Good day all

Still not definitive results from the doc. But the kidneys function was at least good now. So I did some more tests today and now we wait again. I'm feeling ok though, mainly tired, so I am not really worried.

I guess you heard there were bombings this morning in Brussels. I haven't read the latest news but am about to. 

BOO!

Hugs and kisses for all!

Sorry I've been away.  I felt like I was only posting bad stuff and was bringing myself down.  I prefer to be a much more positive person.

So I am feeling better, physically and emotionally so I am back with love for all

:kiss:

Alex and I are working on the new garden area.  We have a nice start on a fairy/gnome village. It still needs more work, but we both enjoy doing it, especially after an hour or more of the hard gardening work. :lol:   He says our back yard needs a tiki bar, since that won't happen, I ordered him a gnome sized one :lol: He'll roll his eyes at it, but secretly love it ;) 

I also got a cheap garden arch and fairy lights for it. (you get what you pay for---it came with this metal pole you hammer into the ground 15" (38cm) but it broke off in the second hole, so I couldn't use it and had to move the entrance, but it serves its purpose.) the lights are solar powered and come on automatically at night.

He also refers to creating garden spaces as "terraforming" which had me laughing out loud.  (It's pretty accurate actually--on a small scale, we're scraping the area down to nothing, then putting in the plants we want---it is just grass and weeds there, and the grass doesn't grow all that well since it is shady half the day)

Top soil is being delivered today. I might have to pay Alex and a friend to haul it all to the back yard this weekend. I am a couple weeks behind schedule on the work due to illness and I need my husband to do a lot this week, if he finds the time.  Hopefully by next week I can start moving all my plants over.

4 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

lotr was terribly boring. I have no idea how they managed to make such an awesome movie from it.

I usually try to keep my talking quite and hope that it doesn't bother others :o 

They did? I must search for these. Certainly not the hack jobs Peter Jackson produced...

yes, I have a huge hatred for much of the LOTR films outside of Fellowship. Except Andy Serkiss.

2 hours ago, Eyron said:

Good day all

Still not definitive results from the doc. But the kidneys function was at least good now. So I did some more tests today and now we wait again. I'm feeling ok though, mainly tired, so I am not really worried.

I guess you heard there were bombings this morning in Brussels. I haven't read the latest news but am about to. 

:grouphug: fingers are crossed for you getting good results, stay well Eyron.

Very sad news re: Brussels :( We have some Belgians on my course at Uni who (like the French students last year) seemed the most visibly shaken by everything. News is depressing.

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

BOO!

Hugs and kisses for all!

Sorry I've been away.  I felt like I was only posting bad stuff and was bringing myself down.  I prefer to be a much more positive person.

So I am feeling better, physically and emotionally so I am back with love for all

:kiss:

Alex and I are working on the new garden area.  We have a nice start on a fairy/gnome village. It still needs more work, but we both enjoy doing it, especially after an hour or more of the hard gardening work. :lol:   He says our back yard needs a tiki bar, since that won't happen, I ordered him a gnome sized one :lol: He'll roll his eyes at it, but secretly love it ;) 

I also got a cheap garden arch and fairy lights for it. (you get what you pay for---it came with this metal pole you hammer into the ground 15" (38cm) but it broke off in the second hole, so I couldn't use it and had to move the entrance, but it serves its purpose.) the lights are solar powered and come on automatically at night.

He also refers to creating garden spaces as "terraforming" which had me laughing out loud.  (It's pretty accurate actually--on a small scale, we're scraping the area down to nothing, then putting in the plants we want---it is just grass and weeds there, and the grass doesn't grow all that well since it is shady half the day)

Top soil is being delivered today. I might have to pay Alex and a friend to haul it all to the back yard this weekend. I am a couple weeks behind schedule on the work due to illness and I need my husband to do a lot this week, if he finds the time.  Hopefully by next week I can start moving all my plants over.

Glad you are feeling better Lany, and your garden looks lovely :) Make sure to use Alex and his friend for heavy lifting of course...I mean, what else are children for except cheap labour when you require it? :D:P 

I'm alone in my flat for the next two weeks as I still have uni but my flat mates have gone home. This will be an interesting test of how well I'm able to keep from slipping into bad habits again

Archived