TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

3 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

:lol: kinda. Lany's name is daughter/girl/maid in Hungarian on mobile keypad without autocorrect. Otherwise lány is all that.  ^.^ 

What is the difference between "a" and "á" in Hungarian then? Does it mean something else without the accent?

11 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Coolest typo ever :D (my name, that is, and by time we moved to this board and I could have fixed it, I had grown used to being Lany :) )

Thank you, I honestly had no idea it was a word in any language

What was it supposed to be? :D I cannot think of you another way than Lany.

Same as I cannot imagine what avatar Pebble must have had before maid joined and drew this one!

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Apparently my name is most commonly used in English, German and Polish. The Polish inclusion seems quite odd to me as it's old-English.

Well in fairness on the map it does have the thingy (I want to call all of those symbols umlauts.)

Your name as in BlackBear? 

Yeah, it's correct on the map. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

What is the difference between "a" and "á" in Hungarian then? Does it mean something else without the accent?

They are two different letters for two different sounds." Lany" doesn't mean anything, but here's an example: "alom"= litter , "álom"=dream. Same with any other vowel. 

Fun fact: there are 14 vowels and altogether 44 letters in the Hungarian alphabet. 

4 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

They are two different letters for two different sounds." Lany" doesn't mean anything, but here's an example: "alom"= litter , "álom"=dream. Same with any other vowel. 

Fun fact: there are 14 vowels and altogether 44 letters in the Hungarian alphabet. 

You're just greedy. 26 letters wasn't enough? :P

54 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

A litter of puppies or litter as in garbage? :P

50 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

You're just greedy. 26 letters wasn't enough? :P

We just have 25. Does that mean we are more humble? :P

1 minute ago, The BlackBear said:

No my human name:

Hide contents

Edmund - The name of villains and weasels.

Which weasel is called that? :o

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Which weasel is called that? :o

Not a literal weasel, but weasel-ly people: Edmund Blackadder and Edmund Pevensie are both weasely, Edmund from King Lear is an out and out villain. But now if I ever get a Weasel it will be called Edmund.

34 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

No my human name:

Reveal hidden contents

Edmund - The name of villains and weasels.

Ah right, it makes sense now. 

32 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

A litter of puppies or litter as in garbage? :P

We just have 25. Does that mean we are more humble?

A litter of puppies or kitty litter you put out for your cat to poo poo in. It means both. 

Absolutely :cheers: 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

What was it supposed to be? :D I cannot think of you another way than Lany.

Same as I cannot imagine what avatar Pebble must have had before maid joined and drew this one!

Lady Cassandra.  I am so glad it didn't work. :lol: it would have been so dumb :P 

Although there were different communities, everyone on ez-board needed a unique name, and there were millions of people on it. I also have P,B,D issues (I get them mixed up, a lot).  I was trying lots of different variations of spellings of Lady Cassandra and then suddenly one was accepted.  I was so upset when I saw the typo "Lany" :lol:  (my guess is I meant to hit the "B" (instead of "D") and hit the "N" instead")  I used to sign all my posts with "Cass" but everyone ignored that and called me Lany.  It eventually grew on me and when we moved here, I could have fixed it, but by then I liked it :) 

Hello all you crazy spammers :D

Dreams congrats on carpet and new bed. I know you have been looking forward to it. :)

Lany I hope you get job you want, and the garden is coming along wonderfully. :)

and for those like me who are still laughing about the demons in the vaginas, here is a little something I saw on the interweb today. ;)

I am one annoyed flower because of shit in the student newspaper. :angry: That is one shittty article and I told them so, but apparently it was not worth listening to my very concrete constructive suggestions?

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Not a literal weasel, but weasel-ly people: Edmund Blackadder and Edmund Pevensie are both weasely, Edmund from King Lear is an out and out villain. But now if I ever get a Weasel it will be called Edmund.

I cannot see giving your pet the same name as yourself ending well. :leaving:

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Lady Cassandra.  I am so glad it didn't work. :lol: it would have been so dumb :P 

Although there were different communities, everyone on ez-board needed a unique name, and there were millions of people on it. I also have P,B,D issues (I get them mixed up, a lot).  I was trying lots of different variations of spellings of Lady Cassandra and then suddenly one was accepted.  I was so upset when I saw the typo "Lany" :lol:  (my guess is I meant to hit the "B" (instead of "D") and hit the "N" instead")  I used to sign all my posts with "Cass" but everyone ignored that and called me Lany.  It eventually grew on me and when we moved here, I could have fixed it, but by then I liked it :) 

Oooooh! Yes, Lany is soooooooooo much better than Lady, I swear. :) That does not mean you are not a lady, but it makes you so much more individual - there are too many names with "lady" around here as it it.

Just now, Buckwheat said:

I cannot see giving your pet the same name as yourself ending well. :leaving:

Well I am incredibly vain. *preens self* But I'm an Ed, no one calls me Edmund, I've known people for years who assume I'm an Edward.

12 minutes ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

and for those like me who are still laughing about the demons in the vaginas, here is a little something I saw on the interweb today. ;)

Ever seen Teeth?

I ended up being "Lady O" cause all the variations on Olenna were in use. My original handle was Husbandtobears but everyone thought I was a guy and most didn't actually get the reference, which I found odd. So Lady O I shall be. I'm good with that. 

My little Lucy was very sick yesterday when we were at Universal Studios. Thank goodness my mom was there with the pups because she had to go in to the animal emergency hospital. So between this month and last I have spent $400 in vet bills on each dog :( Such is the life of loving your pets. 

on the bright side - it is my spring break and it feels nice to not go to work for a week :) 

10 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Well I am incredibly vain. *preens self* But I'm an Ed, no one calls me Edmund, I've known people for years who assume I'm an Edward.

Ever seen Teeth?

I, too, assumed you were Edward. :( Edmund is actually way cooler. 

And unfortunately, yes. It was probably one of the worst and stupidest movies I've seen. 

20 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Edmund from Chronicles of Narnia wasn't a villian... but he did betray the trust of his younger sister in the first book, and took food from an evil witch... but other than that he was one of the heroes. 

Archived