GAME OF THRONES to end 13 episodes after the end of Season 6

Werthead

4 minutes ago, TheLeviathan73 said:

We'll see what significance he has - I have my doubts.  The rug might be pulled out from under him before he accomplishes anything. 

Aegon is a bridge for Tyrion to Dany - he exists to further that eventual meet-up and to give something for Tyrion to do for 5 years.  Like many characters in the last two books, they are filler to correct a pretty big mistake.  An understandable one, but a mistake nonetheless.  As with many of those filler characters we've found they haven't served the main plot nearly as much as we were lead to (hope to?) believe.  It wouldn't shock me one bit if he met the same fate.

LOL no. George didnt create this storyline just for filler. You dont create a secret prince to be a bridge, he is there to give Dany someone to fight, just like Dany herself said in ACOK. A mummers dragon is someone for the hero to fight.

Tyrion will fight Cersei for Casterly rock. Dany would fight Aegon for the throne. Tyrion due to his cleverness and wanting revenge on Cersei, will likely figure out everything about Aegon and will use it as a catalyst to force Dany to return to Westeros asap, telling her that he is fake and that Illyrio was in on it using her and sending her out to die with the Dothraki, and we already known she will sack Pentos due to having the tattered prince in her party now, it is all falling into place. Show will largely omit this vengeance seeking Dany(and Tyrion), and she will be altruistic and want to someway save Westeros rather than take it from someone impersonating her dead nephew with fire and blood.

I have no idea what they will do now in the show, since it seems Cersei wont be outsed till Dany arrives rather than earlier with Aegon taking it from her. Im guessing the idea of Cersei fighting Dany is seen as more profitable than her getting Outsted by Dorn, Jon Con, and Aegon.

2 minutes ago, Kyrion said:

LOL no. George didnt create this storyline just for filler. You dont create a secret prince to be a bridge, he is there to give Dany someone to fight, just like Dany herself said in ACOK. A mummers dragon is someone for the hero to fight

We have at least one other filler Prince.  And he was actually a Prince.

So, no.

14 minutes ago, TheLeviathan73 said:

We'll see what significance he has - I have my doubts.  The rug might be pulled out from under him before he accomplishes anything. 

Aegon is a bridge for Tyrion to Dany - he exists to further that eventual meet-up and to give something for Tyrion to do for 5 years.  Like many characters in the last two books, they are filler to correct a pretty big mistake.  An understandable one, but a mistake nonetheless.  As with many of those filler characters we've found they haven't served the main plot nearly as much as we were lead to (hope to?) believe.  It wouldn't shock me one bit if he met the same fate.

GRRM specifically said that another Dance of Dragons is going to be happening. Aegon isn't going anywhere before ADOS.

Tyrion doesn't need Aegon to get to Dany. He just needs Jorah.

Aegon will probably lose and die but so what? Robb lost and died, are you going to say he's a filler character too? 

3 minutes ago, TheLeviathan73 said:

We have at least one other filler Prince.  And he was actually a Prince.

So, no.

Quentyn is there to service Aegon and Euron's plotlines though. Quentyn dies so Dorne can go switch to Aegon.

Quentyn also released the dragons which seems to also have given the opportunity for Vic to take them for Euron.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

GRRM specifically said that another Dance of Dragons is going to be happening. Aegon isn't going anywhere before ADOS.

Tyrion doesn't need Aegon to get to Dany. He just needs Jorah.

Aegon will probably lose and die but so what? Robb lost and died, are you going to say he's a filler character too? 

What that Dance will be is a long way from determined, we'll have to see.  But my point still stands, many of these characters introduced in the last two books are there to correct a mistake.  They'll have some significance, but unlikely to be anything that couldn't have been managed in far few pages with characters already in play.  

You can't say that about Robb.

11 hours ago, Ben H'gahr said:

won't happen. ppl who know more about showbiz than u and me combined said that there won't be no movie.

It might not happen… but people talk sh*t all the time, especially in movies. A lot of the time, they lie about it and say it won't happen just in case it doesn't, but they really think it will. I remember, for example, Peter Jackson saying there was no way he'd make The Hobbit movies, because he didn't feel like trying to best his own work on The Lord of the Rings. No way, he said. No way. I reckon he was eager to do it all along, but just didn't know if he'd be hired for the job or whatever so thought he'd best play it safe and say he's not doing it.

That's just an example. What people say doesn't really matter unless they sit down and give a long detailed reason that makes a lot of sense. Aegon's Conquest, The Dance of the Dragons, and Robert's Rebellion, there's no reason they couldn't be made in to movies. The only question is whether it's profitable. Or they could do a sequel, or make up another story in Martin's world, whatever. I just seriously don't think the TV drama will finish and they'll be able to put the cameras down. There's too much money being made.

Give me a quote/links on who said no, if you like.

Who would you have Dany fight, Leviathan? She needs Aegon.

Her attacking Tommen or Myrcella would be awful, they had absolutely nothing to do with the downfall of the Targaryens, and are innocents. Aegon is the perfect opponent for the Iron Throne for Dany. There is no one else.

Also lets face it, Dany is uniting the faith of Rhillor to her side, and Aegon is uniting the Faith of the Seven to his side, its perfect is SO many ways to have Aegon face Dany. He is an impersonator acting like her dead nephew that she constantly thinks about and talks about how she should have married Rhaegars son in ADWD, and Illyrio her former caretaker is involved, everything is perfect for a dramatic showdown between the two.

Tommen/Myrcella? Absolutely no build up or nothing, thats more towards Tyrions storyline if anything aswell. Aegon has to oust them.

9 minutes ago, TheLeviathan73 said:

What that Dance will be is a long way from determined, we'll have to see.  But my point still stands, many of these characters introduced in the last two books are there to correct a mistake.  They'll have some significance, but unlikely to be anything that couldn't have been managed in far few pages with characters already in play.  

You can't say that about Robb.

Aegon was planned before GRRM cancelled the timeskip. Hell, he was planned from book 1/2. You can't say that Aegon's there to correct a mistake that GRRM hadn't even made at that point.

Also what you're proposing would be equivalent to me proposing Robb go in to negotiate with Walder Frey himself rather than let Cat do it and it ending with Walder just slaughtering him 

3 minutes ago, Kyrion said:

Who would you have Dany fight, Leviathan? She needs Aegon.

Her attacking Tommen or Myrcella would be awful, they had absolutely nothing to do with the downfall of the Targaryens, and are innocents. Aegon is the perfect opponent for the Iron Throne for Dany. There is no one else.

Also lets face it, Dany is uniting the faith of Rhillor to her side, and Aegon is uniting the Faith of the Seven to his side, its perfect is SO many ways to have Aegon face Dany. He is an impersonator acting like her dead nephew that she constantly thinks about and talks about how she should have married Rhaegars son in ADWD, and Illyrio her former caretaker is involved, everything is perfect for a dramatic showdown between the two.

Tommen/Myrcella? Absolutely no build up or nothing, thats more towards Tyrions storyline if anything aswell. Aegon has to oust them.

Im guessing its so Dany can heroically just come flying in and take the IT with no consequences or anything to challenge her.

6 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Im guessing its so Dany can heroically just come flying in and take the IT with no consequences or anything to challenge her.

I'd honestly say it's the complete opposite of that. Tommen and Myrcella are the puppets of a corrupt regime like the Lannisters who are in turn propping up bad people like the Boltons and the Freys. Tommen and Myrcella aren't bad themselves but who they represent is.

Aegon has nothing to do with Daenerys and apparently he'll have the people's support according to the HOTU and be a good King 

If anything it'll make her look worse as she'll be fighting people who we consider heroic like the Martells and be trying to take down an actually good king against the people's will

she'll also be killing someone that thinks of her as family 

edit: or wait were you talking about the show?

6 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Aegon was planned before GRRM cancelled the timeskip. Hell, he was planned from book 1/2. You can't say that Aegon's there to correct a mistake that GRRM hadn't even made at that point.

Also what you're proposing would be equivalent to me proposing Robb go in to negotiate with Walder Frey himself rather than let Cat do it and it ending with Walder just slaughtering him 

I think it's a bit bold to claim what was planned with the benefit of hindsight.  We know he was not a significant part of the plan for at least some length of time in the writing process.  As the story has expanded other characters have been created to fill in that canceled skip.  An unfortunate consequence of trying to fast forward without really fast forwarding is that you are, almost definitionally, filling.  

I imagine many of the same arguments you'd make about how relevant Aegon is, would have been similar to those made by Quentyn Martell fans until we found out how that ended.  

7 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I'd honestly say it's the complete opposite of that. Tommen and Myrcella are the puppets of a corrupt regime like the Lannisters who are in turn propping up bad people like the Boltons and the Freys. Tommen and Myrcella aren't bad themselves but who they represent is.

Aegon has nothing to do with Daenerys and apparently he'll have the people's support according to the HOTU and be a good King 

If anything it'll make her look worse as she'll be fighting people who we consider heroic like the Martells and be trying to take down an actually good king against the people's will

she'll also be killing someone that thinks of her as family 

edit: or wait were you talking about the show?

Yes i was referring to why hes probably been cut from the show.

22 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Yes i was referring to why hes probably been cut from the show.

My thoughts exactly.

And as you whether Dany will be seen as a villain, yes she will be. Theres justification though in Aegon's case, she thinks he is an impostor and he's Illyrios little game who Tyrion will convince her that Illyrio is a villain (selling her to the dothraki), so its more of a grey situation, though even then she looks bad as the people will be 100% behind Aegon and she will be seen as evil with Dothraki, pirates, and red priests in her midsts. With Tommen and Myrcella its completely black and white, Dany is 100% wrong for attacking and sacking Westeros and there is no reedeeming factor atall in killing innocent children/puppets. Doesnt sound like GRRM atall to me. 

45 minutes ago, TheLeviathan73 said:

I think it's a bit bold to claim what was planned with the benefit of hindsight.  We know he was not a significant part of the plan for at least some length of time in the writing process.  As the story has expanded other characters have been created to fill in that canceled skip.  An unfortunate consequence of trying to fast forward without really fast forwarding is that you are, almost definitionally, filling.  

I imagine many of the same arguments you'd make about how relevant Aegon is, would have been similar to those made by Quentyn Martell fans until we found out how that ended.  

I mean he wasn't planned from his 1991 outline but GRRM was already heavily diverging from that outline even in book one 

honestly man you sound like you got burned by Quentyn's death leading you to think anyone introduced in book 4 and 5 as pointless fillerbots that only exist for the main characters

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I feel like jon con was given a point of view to replace another character going somewhere else. but yeah Aegon seem like he was planned to be introduced for a while. 

1 hour ago, Miss CS said:

It might not happen… but people talk sh*t all the time, especially in movies. A lot of the time, they lie about it and say it won't happen just in case it doesn't, but they really think it will. I remember, for example, Peter Jackson saying there was no way he'd make The Hobbit movies, because he didn't feel like trying to best his own work on The Lord of the Rings. No way, he said. No way. I reckon he was eager to do it all along, but just didn't know if he'd be hired for the job or whatever so thought he'd best play it safe and say he's not doing it.

That's just an example. What people say doesn't really matter unless they sit down and give a long detailed reason that makes a lot of sense. Aegon's Conquest, The Dance of the Dragons, and Robert's Rebellion, there's no reason they couldn't be made in to movies. The only question is whether it's profitable. Or they could do a sequel, or make up another story in Martin's world, whatever. I just seriously don't think the TV drama will finish and they'll be able to put the cameras down. There's too much money being made.

Give me a quote/links on who said no, if you like.

Oh, there are plenty. IIRC GRRM & HBO made statements about this, D&D as well. Trying to put the end of GOT on big screen faces resistances from "mighty players" - organization/production/business interest etc, D&D's involvement ... all these organizational difficulties were pointed at in several interviews by HBO managers or however you call them. HBO simply has no interest in making their cash cow available to any1 who can buy a ticket for the theater. They are pay-per-view-TV, right? So they don't really know about cinema movie production business I was told - the risk for them to f*ck things up would be tremendous.

Finding a direct link will be difficult, but GRRM elaborated this in length several times on notablog, saying that it would be of course cool to see the end of the ASOIF-saga on a big screen (I'd love that too !) but that the wheels of cinematic production don't turn that way. Just wait some weeks and he'll comment on this again on his blog, I'm sure^^. WOTW and WIC also wrote about this but seems like I'm too stupid to find the link, sorry :(

As far as Aegon's Conquest, Bobby B's rebellion, DoD, D&E or whatever etc are concerned: I also refer to GRRM who stated that any GOT spin-off will contain the characters "we know and love already", i.e. the ones that are introduced in the show. I mean, these are "safe" in the sense that the GOT-characters are established and loved, thus there is a market / interest in seeing those.

Not sayin' it ain't possible or not desirable (rather the opposite), just unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I don't try to smash your hopes - just wanna point at the obstacles in their way, as much as I regret them being there :(

What we as fans tend to forget: people here on this forum are the 1% of hardcore die hard GOT-/ASOIF-Fans. Of course WE would like to see Bobby B's rebellion on TV or GOT on a big screen - we'd run in the theaters. But I'm not so sure if this holds for the majority of show watchers - and these are the lads HBO is concerned about, not us.

So yeah, sorry for being unable to point at details now. I'm not totally into this whole "GOT on big screen" discussion which is why I only read the gist of articles that deal w/that. But the statements by GRRM/HBO officials and D&D - to name the most obvious - appear to be plausible. As regrettable as it is.

PS: Do you know these fan-movies about LOTR (Hunt for Gollum&Born of Hope)? Maybe sth like this is gonna happen. Haven't there been some German dudes who made sth similar?

6 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Quentyn's death should contribute to preventing an alliance between Daenerys and Dorne. And indirectly between Daenerys and fAegon. The Damphair could strengthen the Drowned God religious practices in the Iron Islands and be an opposition to Euron. The Damphair could well be the downfall of Euron.

Ok, you could go straight from point A to point B, without giving justifications. But IMO, it's better if you have a long list of them, of why things are unfolding that way.

In books you can very well afford that, on TV shows you can't.

3 hours ago, ANNALISVETH said:

I don't understand why Game of Thrones spends so much money, outsourcing, etc, in other countries and filming with different people , directors, etc, when they can do it in a Studio or something with green screens all over, like LoTR or The Hobbit. Yes, filmed in New Zealand but lots of it was done in a studio and that way the budget is spent in CGI, giving more time to dragons and direwolves and white walkers, and most actors, crew, everybody won't have to travel back and forth. Maybe it is because of this that Dumb and Dumber are tired and want to end this now :wacko:

and make it look like Once Upon A Time? No thanks.

Archived