BBC Line of Duty [SPOILERS] s1 to present

red snow

• 3 weeks later...

Mother of God! :D Episode 4 of the new season was the best yet, tense and quite action packed.That ambush/gunfight scene and how DI Arnott took out the sniper was cool.The ambush leak came from inside AC12, or from someone who has access to AC12? hmmm.....

Jimmy Lakewell definitely told something to Arnott, probably in the van.

I can't make up my mind if Buckells is bent or just incompetent or both LOL

Finally,is Davidson really really bent or working some deep undercover? And who is she linked to via the DNA in the last scene??

Buckells clearly knows something - they wouldn't have done that in his cell if they didn't need him to keep quiet.

Screengrabs on Twitter of the photo in the DNA file show that the photo is of Davidson, not of the linked person, so that'll have to wait until next week.

Hopefully they tell us who Davidson is related to at the start of the next episode rather than dragging it out. Online speculation has the OCG leader from series 1+2 as being her dad (largely based on accent). Other candidates include being a sibling to any of the season guest stars. Daniel Mays (Danny) or Stephen Graham being reasonable candidates given their character's lives in foster homes or being relocated from parents doesn't rule out them having a sister who was located elsewhere. I personally like the idea of her being related to Danny - it would provide motivation for her trying to take down the pedophile ring in the OCG.

Buckles (which constantly reminds me of Adam Buxton) seems mainly incompetent and probably a push over in terms of corruption. His incompetence probably explains why the OCG is worried as he looks like he'd easily crumble.

I've no idea what Jimmy Lakewell was thinking in assuming he'd be safe back in prison. The fact they had just tried to assassinate him in a police caravan should have tipped him off to the fact they'd most likely silence him in prison just to cover themselves.

I wonder how long Arnott will get away with dodging emails. Credit to the actor in the scene where it was clear his mind was on the email/painkillers and not the footage they were going over - some good physical acting there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, latest episode gave us some answers at least.

Surely, with one episode left in this season, are they going to reveal H? everything points to Chief Constable Osborne.Or is that too obvious.Is Carmichael bent?

If they do reveal H next episode, who will be the main antagonist next season, which IIRC is supposed to be the last?

Trivia: the 2 prison guards at the end of the episode were the same one's who had attacked Denton in series 2.

Judging by the latest trailer, it does seem that next episode they’re going to discover the identity of the individual formerly known as H now referred to as the fourth man.

Carmichael or the Chief seems too obvious, hopefully it’s something surprising that still fits.

I suppose to try to get info out of Davidson, which sort of worked since they finally linked the Vella murder to the OCG through the print shop. Also they didn’t know who was going to turn up or whether they’d get shot by another bent copper. But yeah, I thought that myself, it seemed a little weird, Kate isn’t usually the maverick type. I’d have liked to see her putting Carmichael in her place in an interview though.

A clip showing Martin Compston delaying filming , as the November Scotlandmatch overran to penalties. He hsd to listen to the game on ‘Steve Arnott’s’ car radio in costume while the crew waited to resume shooting, and his reaction (losing his English accent) when Scotland win, geting  past the qualifiers of a competition for the first time since 1998.

If they’re going to be revealing H next episode, it’s got to be Buckells, right? The other suspects are too obvious. His innocent incompetent act has got to be a sham. I mean, it’s that or Kate Fleming.:mellow:

11 minutes ago, john said:

If they’re going to be revealing H next episode, it’s got to be Buckells, right? The other suspects are too obvious. His innocent incompetent act has got to be a sham. I mean, it’s that or Kate Fleming.:mellow:

Maybe they’ll do a Usual Suspecrs, and Terry Boyle will walk off Kaiser Soze-style

The bastard Sun newspaper have massive LoD spoiler on the fucking front page, which I couldnt help but see as I walked into Morrisons. :<
Hopingg its a joke; will be watchinf show tonight.

Archived