The Night Of (HBO)

AncalagonTheBlack

19 hours ago, Commodore said:

the key scene was the investigator taking a picture of the blind spot from the front door to the kitchen

i.e. if Naz was passed out in the kitchen, the killer might have entered the home, gone up the stairs, killed the girl, and left without ever realizing Naz was there

popular theories I've seen going around

Hide contents

- stepfather hired Duane to kill or help kill Andrea (maybe he wanted inheritance from Andrea's mother)

- stepfather owed money to Freddy, Freddy hired Duane to send a message by targetting Andrea, Freddy is trying to pin the murder on Naz

That picture does seem to have some importance, But it would mean the front door was used to enter the house rather than the back door that was left open. Which would mean the intruder would have to have a key, which could work with the first theory. the second one could be plausible but a bit far fetched.

Just checked that scene again and have to correct myself on this earlier post  There are 2 staircases in the house, 1 by the front door with the deer head, and 1 by the backdoor where the PI took the picture

19 hours ago, fixitwilya said:

What if Trevor and Duane were not just walking by, but actually laying in wait for Andrea? Trevor was so insistent on NOT telling Box or the DA about the actual reason they were there. And then lied about Duane. So if they were hired by stepdad and waiting, but then Naz shows up with her first hindering the plan, he then becomes an asset by leaving him alive to take the rap?

This theory doesn't make much sense though. If Trevor was a part of the murder, why go back again? He knows Naz saw him with another guy and that his lawyers would look into that. More likely reason is they were selling drugs in the park or they are romantically linked.

17 hours ago, Leofric said:

I'm not convinced that the knife Naz had is the actual murder weapon,  it was still on the table where he left it after he accidently stabbed Andrea's hand.   The police just saw that they had a knife with her blood on it and never really compared it that closely to the wounds other than the cursory comment the ME made about blade size at the crime scene.

Also, the knife he picked up from the table, IIRC, had a bent tip from going through her hand and hitting the table.

8 minutes ago, dbunting said:

This theory doesn't make much sense though. If Trevor was a part of the murder, why go back again? He knows Naz saw him with another guy and that his lawyers would look into that. More likely reason is they were selling drugs in the park or they are romantically linked.

Also, the knife he picked up from the table, IIRC, had a bent tip from going through her hand and hitting the table.

I agree the theory is weak but Trevor returning is not too far fetched. The old cliche about "returning to the scene of the crime" comes to mind and Trevor does not seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer,all pun intended.

And i have to strongly disagree about the knife tip being bent.

Just now, fixitwilya said:

I agree the theory is weak but Trevor returning is not too far fetched. The old cliche about "returning to the scene of the crime" comes to mind and Trevor does not seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer,all pun intended.

And i have to strongly disagree about the knife tip being bent.

Yeah, I think it was bent, but have no interest in going back to watch it again.

As to the theory, again, it means someone paid them to do it. That someone would know her and the house. Would know the back entrance is the best. Also, if they were going to kill her, why do it when they know an adult male is there? Just adds complications to the job. They had no way of knowing he would be passed out.

To me the killing was passion. 22 stabs isn't a hired hand. Naz, the step dad, or the guy step dad was talking to, maybe he is an ex boyfriend? 

Did anyone count how many times Naz struck the guy in the shower? Would be funny if it was 22.

7 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, I think it was bent, but have no interest in going back to watch it again.

As to the theory, again, it means someone paid them to do it. That someone would know her and the house. Would know the back entrance is the best. Also, if they were going to kill her, why do it when they know an adult male is there? Just adds complications to the job. They had no way of knowing he would be passed out.

To me the killing was passion. 22 stabs isn't a hired hand. Naz, the step dad, or the guy step dad was talking to, maybe he is an ex boyfriend? 

Did anyone count how many times Naz struck the guy in the shower? Would be funny if it was 22.

I did not count the punches, but how do you feel about Naz using his right hand instead of his left?

And do you think 22 stabs being the same as her age is a coincidence?

30 minutes ago, fixitwilya said:

I did not count the punches, but how do you feel about Naz using his right hand instead of his left?

And do you think 22 stabs being the same as her age is a coincidence?

Nope, again something someone who knows her personally would know.

Didn't watch closely enough to see the LH RH thing

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

He kicked him 10 times and punched him 11 times before Tito pulled him off. Which also showed Naz out of control in a rage.

And that whole cocky attitude at the TV, he also used his right hand to change the channel

Freddie made a comment about him sleeping like a baby after putting a man in ICU, that bothered me as well. Is that  sociopathic behavior?

Is Naz bipolar or does he have a split personality?

In the preview Box mentioned Naz changing schools from a few blocks to 40 minutes on the subway. He went to Flushing high school for 3 years and then to John Chasen high school for his senior year. Wonder if Naz had girl trouble in FHS. He did state Andrea was only the second girl he slept with, Maybe something happened with the first girl too??

49 minutes ago, fixitwilya said:

He kicked him 10 times and punched him 11 times before Tito pulled him off. Which also showed Naz out of control in a rage.

And that whole cocky attitude at the TV, he also used his right hand to change the channel

Freddie made a comment about him sleeping like a baby after putting a man in ICU, that bothered me as well. Is that  sociopathic behavior?

Is Naz bipolar or does he have a split personality?

In the preview Box mentioned Naz changing schools from a few blocks to 40 minutes on the subway. He went to Flushing high school for 3 years and then to John Chasen high school for his senior year. Wonder if Naz had girl trouble in FHS. He did state Andrea was only the second girl he slept with, Maybe something happened with the first girl too??

Ok, did that 10 and 11 count include the first one when he started to walk away? And man, that is awful close to the 22 number again.

Yeah, the whole school thing is going to come to light.

As to the sleeping thing, there is a line from a movie or something, arrest suspects of a murder, put them in same room, the one asleep first did it. Something about the mind finally relaxing after being caught.

13 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Ok, did that 10 and 11 count include the first one when he started to walk away? And man, that is awful close to the 22 number again.

Yeah, the whole school thing is going to come to light.

As to the sleeping thing, there is a line from a movie or something, arrest suspects of a murder, put them in same room, the one asleep first did it. Something about the mind finally relaxing after being caught.

no it did not, 11 kicks and 11 punches, good call

14 minutes ago, dbunting said:

It's from The Usual Suspects, in case that was bothering you as much as it was me until I found it. 

44 minutes ago, fixitwilya said:

There we go, 22 again. Has to mean something, way to much of a coincidence. 22 years old, 22 stab wounds, 22 strikes to the inmate

41 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It's from The Usual Suspects, in case that was bothering you as much as it was me until I found it. 

Ahh... now it makes sense, loved that movie.

Will the Adderall be a factor in Naz's behavior?

Some people should NOT take it for many reasons including:

depression, mental illness, bipolar disorder, psychosis, or suicidal thoughts or actions

severe anxiety, tension, or agitation (stimulant medicine can make these symptoms worse)

Some of the side effects include:

hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not real), new behavior problems, aggression, hostility, paranoia;

25 minutes ago, fixitwilya said:

Why did the Steroids from the inhaler not show up on the Tox screen?

He has a script for the inhaler so anything in that inhaler would be listed in an area of expected results, something along those lines. When reading the report they would have only been looking for what shouldn't be there.

The case against Naz is open and shut according to the police and lets face it ,it looks bad for him. So the only thing that is going to help him is to dispute the witnesses and evidence. I'm thinking Naz will be acquitted due to legal technicalities and dumb mistakes. Just like the murderer of the Niece. We should not only be looking at what is there as far as evidence and witnesses, but also what is not there.

And I'm not to sure if Naz is innocent now.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

He has a script for the inhaler so anything in that inhaler would be listed in an area of expected results, something along those lines. When reading the report they would have only been looking for what shouldn't be there.

You're probably right, Andrea had a bunch of pill bottles at her house, and they were not mentioned either.

On 8/10/2016 at 1:59 PM, fixitwilya said:

Also, he kicked once.... then went back for 21 more.

Andrea was stabbed once before Naz blacked out, then 21 times more....

Archived