Why Jon/Arya could work in the Books. I'll explain in a quick Essay!

Stormourne

3 minutes ago, Pixnik said:

Yes I remember but if Lightbringer is already made then why is Nissa Nissa needed. Lightbringer is Dawn in my mind.

Lightbringer is the Sword that will destroy the Great Other. The theory goes that if Jon is Azor Ahai, then Longclaw would be Lightbringer (or any sword he chooses to wield), though Longclaw at the moment isn't Lightbringer so long as Nissa Nissa isn't sacrificed. if the legend is true, then Jon would need to sacrifice his Nissa Nissa by plunging the Sword deep within her breast. Her sacrifice would turn Longclaw (or some other sword) into Lightbringer. We are led to believe that Lightbringer is literally a sword that is on fire.

an interesting point is that Jon has a dream where he is fighting the White Walkers with a burning sword in hand. That's one reason why we think he is Azor Ahai reborn.

Though the whole Nissa Nissa sacrifice could be metaphorical. I'm taking a leap of faith here, but bear with me. What if Jon is Azor Ahai, and Arya Nissa Nissa. And in order to create Lightbringer (maybe it's a physical burning sword or something else) he has to... like the legend says "stab her with pointy end," in a sexual sense. And her "maiden's blood" that touches his "sword" is what creates Lightbringer. Lightbringer being not some sword, but something else (metaphysical?) that will destroy the Others? Lol, that theory just popped into my head.

Anyway, yeah...

4 minutes ago, Lord Wraith said:

If Arya does in fact become No One, I am sure Jon is the only one to bring back Arya Stark. 

she won't truly become No One, though, not as long as she has Needle. And in the Mercy Pov, she disobeyed orders and killed Raff the Sweetling. Faceless man aren't supposed to kill people they know.

If they hooked up when they were significantly older I could possibly accept it, but it would honestly ruin their incredible relationship for me. I love their brother-sister bond and I don't want to see that morph into romantic love. To me, their dynamic where they believe they're half-siblings and unconditionally love and accept one another is touching and meaningful. A romantic relationship is less interesting to me.

What really bothers me, though, is Arya's age rather than her blood ties to Jon. Cersei and Jaime are the same age. Targs married siblings and cousins but they didn't really do the child bride thing. Unless the book skips forward in time significantly, any relationship between Jon and Arya  would be unforgivably gross in my eyes. It would ruin Jon for me forever if he were attracted to his pre-pubescent half-sister.
A 14 year old with a 19 year old in the ASOIAF universe isn't really an issue since 14 year olds are essentially adults, but at their current ages or even a couple of years older is just too young for me to accept, even in the context of the world. Some people want to see them get together at this point in the books and I'll never understand that. To each their own, I suppose.

11 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

I had completely forgotten about that. Though, did he specifically state that on the those initial chapters that Jamie and Cersei had an incestuous relationship? Because I can't think of another reason as to why he'd scrap Arya/Jon... Well, he did plan a five-year time skip in order to age them up. Perhaps the age factors forced him to get rid of a relationship between the two? Who knows. I'd like it to happen, but in a realistic sense. I Dont think such a relationship could ever develop naturally between the two. Which is why I wrote in the essay about their traumatic experiences and how they could develop feelings born from the grief they've endured.

Would the whole Nissa Nissa and Azor Ahai thing work in their case? It would break my heart if Arya is sent to assassinate him, and Jon, in defending himself, stabs Arya with Longclaw, thus fulfilling the prophecy and creating Lightbringer... How tragic would that reunion be.

From what I remembered, Bran discovered Jaime/Cercei relationship and got throw out the window in chapter 8, Bran II plus Jaime/Cercei relationship is one of the most importance part of the whole series, it kick start the war and event after the war its still a big plot point of asoiaf (Tommen, Cercei vs the faith militant and Myrcella, Dorne queenmaker). So Im sure that GRRM always has this incest couple in mind. 

The reason, GRRM cut 5 years gap plan i think is because it would work wonder to some young characters llike Arya, Bran, Daenerys, Sansa, Jon (because they can learn a lot in 5 years) but bad for the mess in kinglanding and Meereen. He a gardener, he knows how the story will end but along the way he make up detail, that why Arya never seemed to find the places she set out the reach. After escape Kinglanding, she supposed to go to the night watch but along the way GRRM find a better storyline for her thus drift her farther away from original plan.

6 hours ago, Pixnik said:

Yes I remember but if Lightbringer is already made then why is Nissa Nissa needed. Lightbringer is Dawn in my mind.

I dont think it'll work that way! From what we learn, strong magic often need sacrifices. I dont think Lightbringer is dawn but for the sake of the argument let say it is Dawn, it cant be as easy as having the sword and it immediately bust into flame. Sacrifices need to be made, either it from stabbing Arya, Daenerys or Melisandre. It will be blood magic at the end of the day. Out of the three, Jon closest to Arya, if he kill Arya, it will hurt the most and that where George strike.

I can feel in my gut that Jon and Arya relationship will affect one more important plot point. Jon got stabs because he broke the vow to save Arya, I expect something similar will happen to Arya because of her love for Jon (not necessarily in the hand of faceless men)  

Jon is dead and if he gets ressurected he would be an abomination. He should be gelded the least and never, i mean never father children!

After Tyanna of Pentos suposedly used sorcery to ressurect Maegor the Cruel he could not have children jon will have the same problems.

38 minutes ago, TheWalker77 said:

I dont think it'll work that way! From what we learn, strong magic often need sacrifices. I dont think Lightbringer is dawn but for the sake of the argument let say it is Dawn, it cant be as easy as having the sword and it immediately bust into flame. Sacrifices need to be made, either it from stabbing Arya, Daenerys or Melisandre. It will be blood magic at the end of the day. Out of the three, Jon closest to Arya, if he kill Arya, it will hurt the most and that where George strike.

I can feel in my gut that Jon and Arya relationship will affect one more important plot point. Jon got stabs because he broke the vow to save Arya, I expect something similar will happen to Arya because of her love for Jon (not necessarily in the hand of faceless men)  

What's interesting about the Azor Ahai prophacy is that "Jon," if he is the prince that is promised then he'll need to sacrifice someone that means the most to him. Currently that would be Arya Stark or Ghost.

For Jon, Ghost is more than just a friend or family, he is a part of himself. Would it not be symbolic if Jon sacrifices Ghost (a part of himself) to create Lightbringer. :)

59 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

What's interesting about the Azor Ahai prophacy is that "Jon," if he is the prince that is promised then he'll need to sacrifice someone that means the most to him. Currently that would be Arya Stark or Ghost.

For Jon, Ghost is more than just a friend or family, he is a part of himself. Would it not be symbolic if Jon sacrifices Ghost (a part of himself) to create Lightbringer. :)

In the back of my mind, I always pictured that all direwolfs will die in the war for the dawn with Ghost kill by the Night King or White Walkers to protect Jon. Ghost is like part of Jon, I believe Jon live in Ghost before he resurrected. With that being said, I don't think it will make as big of an impact (emotionally) as if Jon kill a favorite or important character to create Lightbrigher.

"In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him." 

I am not seeing anything of a Nissa Nissa in this quote of the prophecy. Much like the glass candles burning because of the fire magic is stronger now I think Lightbringer will burn again. It just need the right person. GRRM said that Dawn is still at Starfall waiting on the next Sword of the Morning. Jon is a decedent from a female line of a Dayne.  I think thats just as important as him being half dragon and half wolf. 

I read the books when I found out about the TV show and I saw Arya/Jon happening in later books miles away. I do not think one will kill the other to help destroy the white walkers; to me that is bad story telling and goes against their characteristics. I would really like the first Stark reunion to be Arya and Jon. Jon can help Arya and Arya can help Jon. With Nymeria and her wolf pack those two can be the ultimate team up and develope romantic feelings during the final war of the series. I really want this happen because... I never really read them as siblings and I always subconsciously think Arya is older than she is that I don't think 'eww'. 

6 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I read the books when I found out about the TV show and I saw Arya/Jon happening in later books miles away. I do not think one will kill the other to help destroy the white walkers; to me that is bad story telling and goes against their characteristics. I would really like the first Stark reunion to be Arya and Jon. Jon can help Arya and Arya can help Jon. With Nymeria and her wolf pack those two can be the ultimate team up and develope romantic feelings during the final war of the series. I really want this happen because... I never really read them as siblings and I always subconsciously think Arya is older than she is that I don't think 'eww'. 

For me, when I first read through the first five books, Arya's and Jon's sibling bond really stood out to me. I was really envious of their relationship. It was only after I read the books that I started thinking they could be more than just siblings. This was 2 years before the 1993 manuscript was released. From that moment everything clicked. All the foreshadowing really hints a Jon/Arya outcome. Though this is where it gets tricky. The ending of Asoiaf will be bitter-sweet. The question is "bitter for whom? And sweet for whom?"

I doubt they will (if they do fall in love) get a happy ending. There's something about Jon being Azor Ahai and Arya being Nissa Nissa that appeals to me. It wouldn't be bad story-telling, though, not if the prophecy has been mentioned before like it already has. The question is if the prophecy is meant to be taken literally or metaphorically. The legends goes that:

Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over.

The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered.

The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew beforehand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.

Should we take this to be a literal method in re-creating Lightbringer? Or is there a Lightbringer in the world that already exists, and Azor Ahai reborn must find it and wield it against the Others? What if, bear with me a moment, that in order to "forge" Lightbringer, Jon (presuming he is Azor Ahai reborn) needs to "become one" with Nissa Nissa (Arya Stark - by the time they do reunite, she would be over 12 years old, and flowered - here's hoping). And because he "drove his sword into her living..." her soul (maiden's blood) combines with his "sword", thus creating Lightbringer, who is in fact Azor Ahai himself. I would hope that by this time Arya would be at least 13 (the same age that Daenarys had sex with Drogo). That would make it alright with me, since it's already happened to another female POV character. Better a five year age gap then one that is like 15+ in the case of Daenarys, and with someone that Arya actually loves at the time.

Man, I've been a such a huge fan of Arya/Jon that it has desensitized me in regards to their age difference. If they were to copulate, it would be between a 17-18 yr old, and a 12-13 yr old. >.< Why the hell don't I feel bad about envisioning such a relationship. Oh, that's right, because I can distinguish between reality and fiction :D 

On 12/05/2016 at 11:14 AM, TheWalker77 said:

From what I remembered, Bran discovered Jaime/Cercei relationship and got throw out the window in chapter 8, Bran II plus Jaime/Cercei relationship is one of the most importance part of the whole series, it kick start the war and event after the war its still a big plot point of asoiaf (Tommen, Cercei vs the faith militant and Myrcella, Dorne queenmaker). So Im sure that GRRM always has this incest couple in mind. 

The reason, GRRM cut 5 years gap plan i think is because it would work wonder to some young characters llike Arya, Bran, Daenerys, Sansa, Jon (because they can learn a lot in 5 years) but bad for the mess in kinglanding and Meereen. He a gardener, he knows how the story will end but along the way he make up detail, that why Arya never seemed to find the places she set out the reach. After escape Kinglanding, she supposed to go to the night watch but along the way GRRM find a better storyline for her thus drift her farther away from original plan.

Just a question... didn't Grrm say he was keeping his original ending? Didn't he also say that 5 main characters would survive to the end - remember the original ending was something he is sticking to. So logic suggests, despite other changes to the meat of the story,  at least those 5 would survive. 

With Arya I feel her story has the most potential, he has purposely left it ambiguous. Grrm has her story arc planned out from the beginning. It just took a few twists and turns in the middle but the concluding point is where he originally planned. If it's with Jon, why can't that be the "sweet" part of what's bittersweet.  Why do these characters automatically get marked for death? It would be so obvious and grrm doesn't do obvious. One of the two most broken people still going, having them survive and face the world with the dream of spring -- that would be both unexpected and the kind of poetic irony grrm is known for. Death has been following Arya for years and grrm already told us "Not today".

3 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Just a question... didn't Grrm say he was keeping his original ending? Didn't he also say that 5 main characters would survive to the end - remember the original ending was something he is sticking to. So logic suggests, despite other changes to the meat of the story,  at least those 5 would survive. 

With Arya I feel her story has the most potential, he has purposely left it ambiguous. Grrm has her story arc planned out from the beginning. It just took a few twists and turns in the middle but the concluding point is where he originally planned. If it's with Jon, why can't that be the "sweet" part of what's bittersweet.  Why do these characters automatically get marked for death? It would be so obvious and grrm doesn't do obvious. One of the two most broken people still going, having them survive and face the world with the dream of spring -- that would be both unexpected and the kind of poetic irony grrm is known for. Death has been following Arya for years and grrm already told us "Not today".

I agree. Though, there still is the possibility that he scraped the whole Jon\Arya romance (because when he thought up their relationship, he had intended that 5 year gap)... I would love for it to happen, and there would be consequences I think, from the view point of the Westerosi society. Sure, Targaryens were generally known to practice incestuous marriage, and because Jon is a Targaryen, people might accept his love for his cousin. But what would they say about Arya? Who is a pure-blooded Stark? There would be some ramifications, if they take up positions of power. Though, a Targaryen and Stark marriage could solidify a Northern and Southern alliance, thus unifying the whole continent under one rule again - this inherently assumes that Jon and Arya would become King/Queen. However such a scenario is highly unlikely considering both characters have no ambitions regarding positions of power. Unless people sort of force onto them such a position (what I mean is that in order to finally end the war/unify the country against the White Walkers, they 'must' become King and Queen, or something), I don't see them choosing to become royalty. If anything, if they do fall in love, I could see them running off together once the final war ends.

If they do run off, it could be a nice allusion to Lyanna and Rhaegar.

On May 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Pixnik said:

Most people dont see it or want to see it because they was raised as brother and sister but its there from the get go.

Yep it sure is. In my experience on this site whenever the topic of Jon/Arya as a romance comes up people automatically scream "Yuk!" because it's so unappealing. Very few people are able to see past this and actually consider the textual evidence presented. There are also people quick to whine that the idea relies too much on the 1993 outline despite the fact that many people, myself included, have noticed implications in the published books even before the outline became public knowledge. But they ignore it because "yuk!" It's like some people are only able to think with their emotions rather than their brains when it comes to this. 

But at this point, I think we lucky enough if Jon and Arya have a proper reunion with hugs and tears, for him to muss her hair, that would be enough for me. I also think, this relationship is destine to doom, they will have a bitter sweet ending for sure. either one of them die in front of his/her eyes and the other live or separate in the end.  

I feel the same tbh. But that has to happen at this point. GRRM has put waaaay too much emphasis on the hair mussing stuff!

On May 11, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Dawn of Fyre said:

I had completely forgotten about that. Though, did he specifically state that on the those initial chapters that Jamie and Cersei had an incestuous relationship? Because I can't think of another reason as to why he'd scrap Arya/Jon... Well, he did plan a five-year time skip in order to age them up. Perhaps the age factors forced him to get rid of a relationship between the two? Who knows. I'd like it to happen, but in a realistic sense.

Arya being older and reaching puberty has been an important thing for GRRM. He even commented saying "the adults aren't going to wait in their storylines for Arya to each puberty." But the lack of 5 year gap doesn't mean anything for them. All of the kids are going to do everything the author planned for them, even if they are too young. "if a 12 year old has to rule the world then so be it."

On May 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM, zandru said:

These Jon-led military actions could attract the attention of Little Sister. They might also bring Sandor Clegane out of retirement. Wishful thinking, I know, but maybe more likely than "Clegane Bowl".

I also believe something like this will happen. Arya has already heard talk of Jon at taverns and inns in Braavos. Chances are she will hear about him again.

On May 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Pixnik said:

Im one of those that think that Jon isnt dead. He will have a coma dream much like Bran did and have his eyes opened in more ways then one. I also think Ghost and Nymeria will connect first and I believe that will change the state of how Jon thinks of Arya and vice versa.

Yes I think it will work. Jon is attracted to lethal women and what is Arya but a budding lethal young lady? Jon will make Arya feel safe and part of a pack. He is what she has been searching for.  She hasn't lost herself. She knows who she is and that is a Lady Justice..

Yes yes yes to all of this!! "Lonely, lovely, lethal" fits Arya perfectly. She is Jon's type, a warrior princess, and she has numerous connections to Ygritte too!

And I do suspect that GRRM is planning something between Ghost and Nymeria. The way they interacted with each other in AGOT was very cute and he makes it clear that Nymeria would follow Ghost and possibly be submissive towards him. Then it's offhandedly mentioned in the Riverlands that she never let any of the normal gray wolves mount her. Not to mention that one particular forbidden warg rule that I'm 90% sure Jon will break. 

Nymeria already is an alpha female, all she needs is an alpha male to mate with and make adorable direwolf puppies. And wolf mating season is in winter. Remember, Ghost is a second life "fit for a king" and Nymeria is literally named after a queen and acts like one. They destined to rule a pack together. Jon and Arya will mirror them.

On May 12, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Dawn of Fyre said:

I think, if Jon does develop romantic and sexual feelings for Arya, it will not be so much sexual predilections as it would be because she is Arya, his Arya, the girl he broke his oath for, and ultimately died for. She just happens to be five years younger than him. I think Arya will have flowered by the time they reunite. And a relationship could only develop afterwards, anyway.

Yeah, Arya will most likely be 12/13 and flowered by the time they reunite.

On May 12, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Sensenmenn said:

Lady stone heart is nissa nissa Arya is going to be Jons Queen of the seven kingdoms.

Yeah, this has been hinted since book one, several times. Ned told her point blank that she would be queen, but many people overlook this. That just goes to show how cleverly it was hidden. There's also the symbolism in the passage where Arya was chasing the kingly black bastard cat and kisses him. Becoming Queen was always Arya's destiny, it would also be a parallel to her alpha wolf, Nymeria. GRRM even said that he has known her arc all along and that he's doing his "1991 ending".

On May 12, 2016 at 1:59 AM, The Bear said:

What really bothers me, though, is Arya's age rather than her blood ties to Jon. Cersei and Jaime are the same age. Targs married siblings and cousins but they didn't really do the child bride thing. 

It's the same for me. I don't want 12 y/o Arya involved in anything sexual, but our author obviously doesn't give a damn. Have you read the Mercy chapter? She's 11 in that. There's also the fact that Dany was 13 when GRRM married her to Drogo. The author thinks it's realistic for female character to marry at such a young age. 

About Jon finding Arya attractive....I could see it tbh. Jon likens his girlfriend Ygritte to Arya numerous times. Specifically about their bodies. He thinks that underneath Ygritte's clothes she could be as skinny as Arya. He compares their skinniness again after they have sex. Also the very first time Jon met Ygritte he thought of Arya. That's likely the biggest reason why he couldn't kill her. 

Ugh! I'm so mad at myself for missing this thread, I've been in the GoT section waaaay too much. 

15 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

I agree. Though, there still is the possibility that he scraped the whole Jon\Arya romance (because when he thought up their relationship, he had intended that 5 year gap)... I would love for it to happen, and there would be consequences I think, from the view point of the Westerosi society. Sure, Targaryens were generally known to practice incestuous marriage, and because Jon is a Targaryen, people might accept his love for his cousin. But what would they say about Arya? Who is a pure-blooded Stark? There would be some ramifications, if they take up positions of power. Though, a Targaryen and Stark marriage could solidify a Northern and Southern alliance, thus unifying the whole continent under one rule again - this inherently assumes that Jon and Arya would become King/Queen. However such a scenario is highly unlikely considering both characters have no ambitions regarding positions of power. Unless people sort of force onto them such a position (what I mean is that in order to finally end the war/unify the country against the White Walkers, they 'must' become King and Queen, or something), I don't see them choosing to become royalty. If anything, if they do fall in love, I could see them running off together once the final war ends.

If they do run off, it could be a nice allusion to Lyanna and Rhaegar.

Starks have had cousins married. Add Jon's Targ background, Westrosi society would see the North reunited with the rest of the kingdom - which would seem a rather popular proposition. Bran had ambitions of being a Knight and GRRM took his legs from him. Sansa wanted to marry prince charming and GRRM gave her Joffery. Arya never wanted to be a Queen and is GRRM going to give her want she wants? Or will he see his characters challenged in ways they never expected. Arya entire story arc, her collective experiences throughout the story, have been threaded so perfectly. In hindsight, once we know her fate, how much fun will it be to go back and see everything most people missed? 

Arya has an instinct to step forward and be strong for the people around her at moments of need. It's in her nature to protect and is brave enough to endure pain most people would never. She can tell when people are lying, so will she make the mistakes her father did with Littlefiger and Varys? She can plan and plot and see people for who they really are, great judge of character. Arya Underfoot, a child of the people, who idolised her father.

Lord Peasebury turned against the northmen. “This march was madness. More dying every day, and for what? Some girl?”
“Ned’s girl,” said Morgan Liddle.
“Ned’s girl,” echoed Big Bucket Wull.

"I would sooner my men die fighting for Ned’s little girl than alone and hungry in the snow-- "

Arya knows all her Lord Father's men by name, she sat by him and watched him be the Lord of Winterfell. Listened to him teach Robb: Arya remembers her father saying, "Know the men who follow you and let them know you. Don't ask your men to die for a stranger." Arya's training started earlier than we all thought. ;)

The direwolves are an extension of each Stark child. 

Nymeria has grown up strong and fierce, a Wolf Queen named after a Queen by a girl who might one day become Queen.  

And Ghost, the only wolf Nymeria would follow. 

17 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

Yep it sure is. In my experience on this site whenever the topic of Jon/Arya as a romance comes up people automatically scream "Yuk!" because it's so unappealing. Very few people are able to see past this and actually consider the textual evidence presented. There are also people quick to whine that the idea relies too much on the 1993 outline despite the fact that many people, myself included, have noticed implications in the published books even before the outline became public knowledge. But they ignore it because "yuk!" It's like some people are only able to think with their emotions rather than their brains when it comes to this. 

I feel the same tbh. But that has to happen at this point. GRRM has put waaaay too much emphasis on the hair mussing stuff!

Arya being older and reaching puberty has been an important thing for GRRM. He even commented saying "the adults aren't going to wait in their storylines for Arya to each puberty." But the lack of 5 year gap doesn't mean anything for them. All of the kids are going to do everything the author planned for them, even if they are too young. "if a 12 year old has to rule the world then so be it."

I also believe something like this will happen. Arya has already heard talk of Jon at taverns and inns in Braavos. Chances are she will hear about him again.

Yes yes yes to all of this!! "Lonely, lovely, lethal" fits Arya perfectly. She is Jon's type, a warrior princess, and she has numerous connections to Ygritte too!

And I do suspect that GRRM is planning something between Ghost and Nymeria. The way they interacted with each other in AGOT was very cute and he makes it clear that Nymeria would follow Ghost and possibly be submissive towards him. Then it's offhandedly mentioned in the Riverlands that she never let any of the normal gray wolves mount her. Not to mention that one particular forbidden warg rule that I'm 90% sure Jon will break. 

Nymeria already is an alpha female, all she needs is an alpha male to mate with and make adorable direwolf puppies. And wolf mating season is in winter. Remember, Ghost is a second life "fit for a king" and Nymeria is literally named after a queen and acts like one. They destined to rule a pack together. Jon and Arya will mirror them.

Yeah, Arya will most likely be 12/13 and flowered by the time they reunite.

Yeah, this has been hinted since book one, several times. Ned told her point blank that she would be queen, but many people overlook this. That just goes to show how cleverly it was hidden. There's also the symbolism in the passage where Arya was chasing the kingly black bastard cat and kisses him. Becoming Queen was always Arya's destiny, it would also be a parallel to her alpha wolf, Nymeria. GRRM even said that he has known her arc all along and that he's doing his "1991 ending".

It's the same for me. I don't want 12 y/o Arya involved in anything sexual, but our author obviously doesn't give a damn. Have you read the Mercy chapter? She's 11 in that. There's also the fact that Dany was 13 when GRRM married her to Drogo. The author thinks it's realistic for female character to marry at such a young age. 

About Jon finding Arya attractive....I could see it tbh. Jon likens his girlfriend Ygritte to Arya numerous times. Specifically about their bodies. He thinks that underneath Ygritte's clothes she could be as skinny as Arya. He compares their skinniness again after they have sex. Also the very first time Jon met Ygritte he thought of Arya. That's likely the biggest reason why he couldn't kill her. 

Ugh! I'm so mad at myself for missing this thread, I've been in the GoT section waaaay too much. 

Queen of what?

King of what?

Archived