Battle of the Bastards Battle Predictions

Adam Shanks

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think the wall falling won't happen until next year.

Dany getting ready to sale to Westeros and the battle at Winterfell seems like more than enough for this year.

If they do two mini seasons, then you'd see the wall fall in mini I and the final battle in mini II.

I don’t know about that. We have images from the trailers showing the WW in army formation. There was also a special video about prosthetics used  in the show.

If you pause in specific part of this clip, you can see several pictures and even a short clip with the NK and several WW leading a huge army of wights with a green screen behind him. He is even shown using his weapon in battle. Since there is nothing else to kill north of the Wall, the battle is at the wall or south of it.

There  is also a picture of a WW in a place with a lot of roots, eary similar to the cave Bran and the 3ER is residing now.

I think Bran will go alone in the weirwood network, the NK will see him, and know where he is. There is a battle at the cave, Bran has to flee. We could go even further and ask ourselves why is there a Children presence north of the Wall? Maybe the cave is the ‘control room’ for the magic maintaining the forcefield at the wall. 3ER and Children die, Wall is no longer “active”, WW just pass around it or right through it.

I guess the wall could come down, it seems like overkill to be, but the actors did say this season was all slash, boom, bam, action.

If the wall comes down, that leaves 13-15 episodes for Dany to conquer Westeros, the final battle with the WW and wrap up for all the main characters.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Dany getting ready to sale to Westeros and the battle at Winterfell seems like more than enough for this year.

How do you run two empires at the same time? Queen of the new Valyrian Freehold (slavers Bay) or the iron throne and Westeros? Even with Dragons the Targs only ever visited the north once or twice. 

17 hours ago, Adam Shanks said:

We assume John marches south with the wildlings... 5000? Let's assume Davos can muster some Northern houses, Mormonts and who else? How many men do these house command?? 4000 in total without the manderlys? Can't be many after the RW! If LF marches North he must have at least 10,000 Knights of the vale with him... I reckon 8000 good men could swing the battle in Johns favour and beat the boltons.

what do you predict the strength of each army and which houses will join john/sansa??

will ramseys dogs join the battle?? Will they face ghost?? 

I personally don't know why people put so much stock in numbers and try to formulate how strong each house and region is. In the end this is just guessing and the prevailing guess will be whatever number the writers decide to state on screen, if any. Notice we didn't get any numbers regarding the Stannis or Bolton armies last season. Unless someone wants to take the time to count each individual dot on the screen... don't let me stop you.

Houses joining respective sides it a bit more of a productive conversation, but even that's limited by the show. The only three houses that have even been mentioned in any length are the Karstarks, Umbers and Mormonts. I seem to recall seeing a Manderly banner in the background during season 2 or 3, the Reeds and Glovers have been mentioned a couple of times, but beyond that... the show isn't going to flesh out Northern politics too much. Between the Karstarks and Umbers one will stay true to Ramsay the other will embody the GNC, and anyone else they bother to include will rally behind Jon and or Sansa.

As poetic as Ramsays dogs against Ghost might be... I doubt we'll see that. Dogs just aren't going to be that effective against a formation of armored men so there's little point.

30 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

As poetic as Ramsays dogs against Ghost might be... I doubt we'll see that. Dogs just aren't going to be that effective against a formation of armored men so there's little point.

For most northern armies, the ‘armor’ is nothing more than a leather jacket. And if you see a lord, you might throw in a fur or two. Strange thing, seeing as 8000 years ago the first men were depicted as having bronze weapons and armor. I guess that while everybody evolved from the bronze age to the iron age, the North devolved to the stone age instead.

Anyway, the dogs might be used at Winterfell. If Bolton looses the fight in the field, he still has the option to fall back and prepare WF for a siege. The show doesn’t have enough time for a long siege, so they’ll probably circumvent this somehow. But once he’s backed against a wall, I think Ramsay will throw anything but the kitchen sink at them  

So dogs against Ghost might happen. But I pray they don’t have any money left for CGI to show Ghost fight in the battle. After all, there have been enough direwolf death already. Better if he stays behind and guards Sansa or something. Then again, they might kill him offscreen anyway.

5 hours ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

So dogs against Ghost might happen. But I pray they don’t have any money left for CGI to show Ghost fight in the battle. After all, there have been enough direwolf death already. Better if he stays behind and guards Sansa or something. Then again, they might kill him offscreen anyway.

OOOh I'm praying there's enough money for that. 

Archived