[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

12 hours ago, Darkstream said:

Well, I feel like what D&D has done to this story is a grievous insult to all true ASOIAF fans and GRRM. This is especially true when you consider that GRRM turned down several offers to adapt the books and only sold the rights to D&D because they informed deceived him, by claiming that they wanted to make an adaption that stayed true to the books. There is a reason that GRRM has distanced himself from the show. 

This is a flawed and biased way of thinking that exists in many book fans.

There is nothing wrong with thinking the books are better, just as there is nothing wrong in thinking the show is better - but drawing the conclusion that D&D deceived GRRM and that GRMM has distanced himself from the show because of where D&D have taken it is totally unfounded and represents a massive bias in thinking.

It's not even insightful. We have no idea what has gone on behind closed doors re the show, agreements between D&D and GRRM and either of them and HBO and, of course, agreements with the actors and other artisans working on the show. All we can tell for sure is that GRRM has distanced himself which implies some kind of falling out - but we have no idea with whom over what.

If we want to be insightful and try and work out what may have gone wrong, we have to take everything into account, including the books taking longer to finish than expected and GRRM changing plans for various characters. Who knows, perhaps the books and show will end totally different now and perhaps that is GRRMs choice and not D&Ds? We just can't tell.

I don't think, for a second, that D&D believe they can write a better story than GRRM. I think if the saga was finished, D&Ds adaptation would be consistently good, as it was for the first 4 seasons - the lack of written material is more likely the cause of D&D dropping the ball than anything else. They proved that could do a reasonable adaptation when the material was there, right?

Personally, I don't even imagine a falling out between GRRM and D&D - I would imagine it is more to do with either HBO executives or actors, or both.

Edited by ummester

21 hours ago, Darkstream said:

It's unfortunate that you can't accept that this is supposed to be an adaption, not fan-fic. If D&D are so convinced that they can write such a superior story, then they shouldn't have commissioned the rights to a story with such a strong following of fans that love the books. Why didn't they just write their own story if they wanted to change and butcher this one so much? Oh, that's right, they would have never made it past the pilot episode. If it weren't for the book fans, you wouldn't even have your presious show to watch and rave about. 

first and foremost this is a tv-show. at least we are in the tv-show section of the forum. it is a tv show by hbo made to attract people who read the books as well as people who didnt. it is not supposed to be anything else than that. it is based on the books but not bound by them.

now if i judge this as a tv-show, episodes hardly be worse than a 5. you must be an iliterate philistine to not see the difference between a brain- and soulless k-pop-drama-show ranking between 1-3, a mediocre show like last man on earth ranking somewhere around 5 and got.

ultimately you may use a scale from 1-10 however you may judge, but someones judgement rating any episode of this show 1-3 must be highly suspicious of completely degenerated or trolling. if you are really serious, i recommend watching a show like Nail Shop Paris, just to set things straight. if you do not think that theres a gigantic difference between shit as whack as k-pop-telenovela shows and a show like got there is no way we can get together on a serious level.

people will use the full width of rating anyway going for 1s and 10s but hands down, Game of Thrones the tv-show is never close to the most fucked up tv-shows this life has to offer. NEVER. not even close.

now you may really hate it as you dont like tv-shows at all or anything coming close to fantasy set-ups. i have a friend who would judge this show as pretty dull shit (a classic 1), which is 100% ok, but he would never get close to a forum about it. this would be completely senseless.

Edited by GilletteMace

no #GilletteMace I don't watch garbage and I usually don't watch "catchy" TV things I'm not an illiterate phillistine though neither a troll , it just happens to be very selective to what I see all "catsy" action movies to me like Rambo etc are 0-3 or subzero  ..... I'm a fan of Eisenstein , Kurosawa and Woody Allen so I want good dialogue and consistensy or clever humur at plot my voting is not based to what garbage got out this year but what is available in cinema history and if I want to compare this to "Throne of blood" Kurosawa or "Macbeth" with Orson Welles giving to both those 10 then this episode gets 3 and is a high grade compared .... if you consider me troll at least I'm a sellective one and definately not illiterate sir .....

Edited by Tania

GilletteMace lol as much as you want woody allen wants that anyway laughing is health and that's my opinion sorry , you have the right to have the opinion that I'm "so wrong" I just don't like to be refered as "illiterate philistine troll etc" , I haven't insulted anyone and I don't want to get insulted , I respect your opinion and if you want to lol at me feel free to do it but no insults please

If the show is diverging from the books, I blame Martin a lot for that. I honestly think D&D expected TWOW to be out by now as a lot of us did. So now they just have to use a few notes about the endgame and write their way there. If Martin had gotten the books out the last 10 years, this problem wouldn't exist. He signed the deal with HBO in 2008. No excuses for the glacial pace of his books. I wouldn't have adapted AFOC or ADWD directly from the books either

I don't think the divergence can be blamed on the WoW not being out yet.  Everyone would be in the exact same situation waiting for DoS, so what does it matter if it happens this season or next?

This is supposed to be a place for discussion.  We all have out own opinions, ideas and expectations.  By definition an opinion is not a fact and cannot be right or wrong.  I for one enjoy the difference of opinions and different perspectives much more then the agreeable ones.  That's how you learn.  In a discussion there is back and forth; more than one person participating. 

27 minutes ago, DarkSister1001 said:

This is supposed to be a place for discussion.  We all have out own opinions, ideas and expectations.  By definition an opinion is not a fact and cannot be right or wrong.  I for one enjoy the difference of opinions and different perspectives much more then the agreeable ones.  That's how you learn.  In a discussion there is back and forth; more than one person participating. 

I agree with you 100% so wonderfully said !!!!

Thank you so much and thank you for welcoming me , I know there are strong feelings , sometimes I have strong feelings too I try not to post then cause I don't want to say something to someone I'll regret after , I know it's easy one word brings another and we end up fighting . With some good will we  can all understand each other :wub: !!!! The fun thing is I watched this episode when I had stopped watching the show last year  cause I saw that Max Von Sydow plays now in it and there was not Max Von Sydow in the only episode of the season I watched full :( .....  I'm such an unlucky person lol :D

1 minute ago, Tania said:

Thank you so much and thank you for welcoming me , I know there are strong feelings , sometimes I have strong feelings too I try not to post then cause I don't want to say something to someone I'll regret after , I know it's easy one word brings another and we end up fighting . With some good will we  can all understand each other :wub:!!!! The fun thing is I watched this episode when I had stopped watching the show last year  cause I saw that Max Von Sydow plays now in it and there was not Max Von Sydow in the only episode of the season I watched full :( .....  I'm such an unlucky person lol :D

Amen sister!  Passion is a beautiful thing.  "It's what separates us from the animals".  I like him as BR.  Have you read the books or show only?

I also watch The Strain.  I had a hard time getting into it bc David Bradley was the hero in that show and he'll always be Walder Frey for me. 

47 minutes ago, DarkSister1001 said:

Amen sister!  Passion is a beautiful thing.  "It's what separates us from the animals".  I like him as BR.  Have you read the books or show only?

I also watch The Strain.  I had a hard time getting into it bc David Bradley was the hero in that show and he'll always be Walder Frey for me. 

yes it is beautiful :) !!!!! wow I adore this actor I'm such a desperate fangirl lol , I've read the books too , in fact season 1 of game of thrones came to Greek TV at 2014 so I watched the season 1 and when they cut off Ned's head I thought that this is something so I got the 1st book and liked it very much even if I'm not much to fantasy except lovecraft cause in some aspects reminded me shakespeare (intrigue etc) and in others russian realism litterature which I like very much so I got the second book etc and in 3 months ended reading all of them lol . TV here brought only 2 seasons so the rest I watch them online when it's possible but last season left me not that satisfied and I had strong feelings about some things so decided to not continue watching it and now here I am back just cause I'm such a pathetic fangirl of Max Von Sydow lol :D I haven't watched the strain I googled it and seems interesting I'll try to find more I like David Bradley a lot I think he is a great actor .... hehehehe to me he 'll always be Filch lol "students out of bed ... students in the corridors .... " lol (that almost destroyed the drama of red wedding for me)

@GilletteMace

@Vastet

Ha, ha, ha, you guys are so hillarious. You keep coming back with the exact same, irrelevent argument. Nothing you guys ever say, trying to defend your precious show has anything to do with my actual criticism. 

What does any other show have to do with the quality of Got? I don't base my rating on other shows that I don't even watch. Does the lack of quality in some other show magically make D&D's plot make sense? Does it magically turn their cheesy, juvenile dialogue into smart, inteligent, witty dialogue? Does it have some sort of power to correct the countless inconsistencies found, not only from season to season, episode to episode, but also from scene to scene? Well, judging from the comprhension levels shown in interperating my posts, I'm not convinced any of you will be able to awnser, so I'll tell you. No it does not. At the end of the day, D&D have shown, in my honest opinion, that they are terrible writers, that put out a terrible show, period. 

I'm so flattered that you all hold my opinion of the show in such high esteem that you just can live with the fact that I think Got is a bad show. I hope I haven't cost you to lose to much sleep over it. You love the show and want to rate it high, fine. I disagree and rate it low. Get over it and stop trying to invalidate my opinion and paint me as some hate mongering troll. And don't worry, their not going to cancel you favorite show just because it got a few low ratings on some random, meaningless fan poll. 

Edited by Darkstream

15 hours ago, ummester said:

This is a flawed and biased way of thinking that exists in many book fans.

There is nothing wrong with thinking the books are better, just as there is nothing wrong in thinking the show is better - but drawing the conclusion that D&D deceived GRRM and that GRMM has distanced himself from the show because of where D&D have taken it is totally unfounded and represents a massive bias in thinking.

It's not even insightful. We have no idea what has gone on behind closed doors re the show, agreements between D&D and GRRM and either of them and HBO and, of course, agreements with the actors and other artisans working on the show. All we can tell for sure is that GRRM has distanced himself which implies some kind of falling out - but we have no idea with whom over what.

If we want to be insightful and try and work out what may have gone wrong, we have to take everything into account, including the books taking longer to finish than expected and GRRM changing plans for various characters. Who knows, perhaps the books and show will end totally different now and perhaps that is GRRMs choice and not D&Ds? We just can't tell.

I don't think, for a second, that D&D believe they can write a better story than GRRM. I think if the saga was finished, D&Ds adaptation would be consistently good, as it was for the first 4 seasons - the lack of written material is more likely the cause of D&D dropping the ball than anything else. They proved that could do a reasonable adaptation when the material was there, right?

Personally, I don't even imagine a falling out between GRRM and D&D - I would imagine it is more to do with either HBO executives or actors, or both.

Fair enough, this is just my speculation, based on what I've seen and read on GRRM's "not a blog". It may very well turn out that I'm wrong. But, based on the evidence I've seen, I'm pretty confident that the conclusions I have drawn are not very far off. I guess we'll see. 

Edited by Darkstream

6 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Fair enough, this is just my speculation, based on what I've seen and read on GRRM's "not a blog". It may very well turn out that I'm wrong. But, based on the evidence I've seen, I'm pretty convident that the conclusions I have drawn are not very far off. I guess we'll see. 

Martin sold his unfinished work (which is his fault) to HBO. He handpicked these writers himself. Is there a reason you aren't understanding something so basic? Maybe Martin should have vetted them better? Maybe he shouldn't have been greedy and waited until he finished his story? Maybe he should have vetted other, more experienced writers?

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Martin sold his unfinished work (which is his fault) to HBO. He handpicked these writers himself. Is there a reason you aren't understanding something so basic? Maybe Martin should have vetted them better? Maybe he shouldn't have been greedy and waited until he finished his story? Maybe he should have vetted other, more experienced writers?

Sorry, I don't feel the need to respond to blatently obvious trolls. 

29 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

You just did respond. And what I said are all facts. This man sold his unfinished work and chose these writers himself. 

Oh you got me, you're so clever. 

Edit: to change your to you're, seeing as jackbauer24 thinks it's ok to criticize typos. 

Edited by Darkstream