If Dany has 100k Dothraki, 10k Unsullied, and 3 dragons

9 hours ago, SeanF said:

The main problem is transporting vast numbers of soldiers to Westeros

Given how quickly characters travel if the plot demands it (see Littlefinger), I'm not sure the show bothers that much with logistics.

But I also doubt they'll make it as easy as Dany rolling over everyone in Westeros with her dragons and massive armies. 

Look how Stannis faired in Snow.

While he is not a Northerner... he is from Westeros and would at least be familiar with winter.

Dothraki on the other hand wouldnt even know what Winter is. 

It would take the unification of most of, if not all the armies of the Seven Kingdoms to repel a force of that size. Provided she can make it to Westeros with all of them intact. Also, depending on when 'Winter Comes' the fight may not be as simple as 1v1. Honestly, any more major wars for control of Westeros will essentially mean doom for humankind, beyond the wall at least. 

2 hours ago, Vastet said:

"You forgot to mention how easy it will be for the dothraki to do their mounted awesomeness in 2 meter high snow. Or how the Unsullied not feeling anything will also make them immune to cold. They will just own Westeros. Especially the North. As the Braavosi mercenary companies Stannis had in the previous season already proved."

I'll take the opinions of Jorah and Robert, who have actual experience of war and winter, over yours.

And Stannis had lost most of his mercenaries and horses by the time he fought Ramsay. No comparison at all.

Both Jorah and Robert said the dothraki will fail against armored units and the castles of Westeros. So you were trolling. Added a small joke of my own, but I see you only post with your troll on setting. Please continue, I will not be in your way.

No they didn't. They both specifically stated that meeting the Dothraki in the field would be suicide. Robert went on to point out the Dothraki don't have to attack the castles, they can leave them be and plunder the countryside; and that such actions would likely lead the people of Westeros to the conclusion that the crown was powerless, and rise up in revolt.

You are the one with a permanent troll setting.

6 hours ago, Pies are coming said:

The show never said anything about 100K Dokrathi.

Actually, the show did mentioned 100000 dothaki, in the fourth episode of season six. It’s called “The book of the Stranger”. You should watch it when you have the chance. ;)

Jorah: “But if they see weapons…”

Daario:” You are asking a dog to hand over his teeth.”

Jorah: “There’s 100.000 of them down there.”

1 minute ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Actually, the show did mentioned 100000 dothaki, in the fourth episode of season six. It’s called “The book of the Stranger”. You should watch it when you have the chance. ;)

Jorah: “But if they see weapons…”

Daario:” You are asking a dog to hand over his teeth.”

Jorah: “There’s 100.000 of them down there.”

Yeah, well, it's not like Jorah was counting. What I mean is, they can decide that Dany got 20,000 riders for her conquest of Westeros because the rest were women and children, or she diverted them to deal with the Masters, or died assaulting Volantis, or whatever.

Dany will invade Westeros with as many Dokrathi as D&D want, and those Dokrathi will have as many ships as D&D want

8 minutes ago, Vastet said:

No they didn't. They both specifically stated that meeting the Dothraki in the field would be suicide. Robert went on to point out the Dothraki don't have to attack the castles, they can leave them be and plunder the countryside; and that such actions would likely lead the people of Westeros to the conclusion that the crown was powerless, and rise up in revolt.

You are the one with a permanent troll setting.

They don’t have to meet them in the field. The crops are done, so nothing to harvest/plunder. They have food inside the keep for years. So the dothaki can’t play their usual games this time. Snow will also slow them down.

And Stannis lost most of his troops to the cold, not enemies. Which was my point. Essos troops are not prepared for Westerosi weather.

EDIT Stannis hold Storm's End agaisnt the Tyrells until the end of the rebelion, and no one called him a cower for doing so. Robert or Cersei migh try to meet them in the field, but in winter condition, any army commander worth his salt will just wait for spring behind their walls.

"They don’t have to meet them in the field. The crops are done, so nothing to harvest/plunder. They have food inside the keep for years. So the dothaki can’t play their usual games this time. Snow will also slow them down."

All the castles in Westeros can't shelter all the people of Westeros. There are towns and villages all over the place. Towns and villages which have their own supplies, which the Dothraki can plunder.

Furthermore, the war has ravaged the Riverlands, destroying most of the crops. Some cities are well provisioned, but not all.

Which is irrelevant anyway. No matter how much food they've stored, they can't hold against an indefinite seige. When summer comes and the Dothraki are still there, what then?

"And Stannis lost most of his troops to the cold, not enemies. Which was my point. Essos troops are not prepared for Westerosi weather"

Not all of Westeros is snowed in. Dorne has never once in book or show been talked about as having to face snows. The Dothraki can wait out the winter there with ease.

"EDIT Stannis hold Storm's End agaisnt the Tyrells until the end of the rebelion, and no one called him a cower for doing so. Robert or Cersei migh try to meet them in the field, but in winter condition, any army commander worth his salt will just wait for spring behind their walls."

Stannis was not the defender of the realm, responsible for keeping the people of Westeros safe. If a horde of Dothraki had been plundering the West or the North or the South, it meant nothing to Storms End. It means a great deal to Kings Landing though.

7 hours ago, Xarkar said:

If they are on Team Stark... why did Bran the Builder build the wall in the first place.   

Dont get me wrong, I really do think there is more to the story here, and quite frankly believe the others are somehow related to the Starks.

Why build an ice wall to keep out ice wizards? Ever consider the wall was built to try and stop humans going north, rather than Others coming south and that the Starks and Nights Watch were originally like rangers at a wildlife sanctuary, whose job was to keep the wildlife safe from humans?

The best addition to the TV series was that brilliant conversation Robert and Cersei had about the difference between 5 and 1.

I can't see that Westeros fractured by the war of the 5 kings, Cersei and Littlefinger's crap, will stand against an army united behind Dany and 3 dragons. The only real trouble she faces is the Others.

9 hours ago, Ser Lepus said:

Maybe, if they were intact by the time Dany arrives to Westeros.

I don't think Dany will arrive in a Wasteland. A snowy, ice cold winterhell, yes, but not a wasteland.   

And a khalasar is not an army, it's soldiers and old people and women and children and slaves. Not all people in a khalasar are soldiers, so you'd have to take 2/3 off of the khalasar numbers to get an estimate of the soldiers Dany would have. And even then you'll have to assume that she can feed all of them and bring them to Westeros safely.  

So even if the Reach army will be depleted by the time she arrives, they still could take on Dany and her army alone.

I doubt when Dany crosses the Narrow Sea she's going to have all of the Dothraki, any Unsullied nor all of her dragons.

My belief is that she is going to lose many of the Dothraki (they won't all join her, for one), the Unsullied are being phased out of the story, but even if they are still relevant they may just be left behind to keep the peace in Meereen and the other cities, and as soon as Dany was saved from the pits by Drogon I felt that she would lose the other two, somehow.

I know many ASoIaF fans are dreaming of the three dragon riders but I've long felt it's never going to happen.

17 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

The Tyrell's and the Vale alone could defeat the Dothraki (sans the dragon's of course). The Dothraki are not archers nor are they all that proficient in large scale warfare. Take away their horse's and they are fodder.

if you talking about book version army then dany would have around half million soldiers, in TV army sizes reduced,

drogo's khalsaar alone had 40k soldiers in TV, which robert baratheon was afraid whole 7 kingdom army cant stop just drogos khalsaar , now dany has like dozens of khalsaar along with unsullied and 3 dragon

Robert Baratheon : I don't know. But I do know this: If the Targaryen girl convinces her horselord husband to invade and the Dothraki horde crosses the Narrow Sea... we won't be able to stop them.

Robert Baratheon : Only a fool would meet the Dothraki in an open field

dothraki mobile archers and has spears , they destroyed sarnori kingdom , even free cities which is way more developed than westeros pays tribute to them

On 5/17/2016 at 8:39 PM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Dothraki only know how to fight in a vast plain where they can ride their horses against non-heavyarmor opponents.

Dothraki can't siege a fort and can't fight a full plated knight. Their curved swords are useless against plate armor.

That's not quite true. In the books Jorah basically says he used to think just this, but after learning more about the Dothraki and seeing them in battle he thinks they'd be quite lethal in any battle that didn't involve trying to take a castle.

He also mentions that some lords and Kings like Robert would be dumb or desperate enough to face them out in the field, in part from bravery, and in part because if you just hide in your castles then the Dothraki can reek havoc on your people and steal/burn all your crops/etc.

^dothraki is based on mongols and we have real historical events with mongols,  european knights kinda sucked big time against them 

19 hours ago, xjlxking said:

100k Dothraki's that includes woman and children. I believe the entire khalisar is considered 100k.

Also, she can have 5x the army, without actual support from major houses in Westeros, she will likely be killed. 

nope, drogo khalsaar alone had 40k soldier and 100k people

"Drogo is so rich that even his slaves wear golden collars. A hundred thousand men ride in his khalasar, and his palace in Vaes Dothrak has two hundred rooms and doors of solid silver." There was more like that, so much more, what a handsome man the khal was, so tall and fierce, fearless in battle, the best rider ever to mount a horse, a demon archer.

40 minutes ago, blckp said:

if you talking about book version army then dany would have around half million soldiers, in TV army sizes reduced,

drogo's khalsaar alone had 40k soldiers in TV, which robert baratheon was afraid whole 7 kingdom army cant stop just drogos khalsaar , now dany has like dozens of khalsaar along with unsullied and 3 dragon

dothraki mobile archers and has spears , they destroyed sarnori kingdom , even free cities which is way more developed than westeros pays tribute to them

LMAO at half a million soldiers, book or no book, half a million soldiers and half a million horses, they would be dieing of old age before they all ever got across the sea. Then there is that whole problem of actually having to feed that many men and horses. That's larger than the invasion force in Normandy.

I haven't seen a Dothraki archer yet. Then there is the simple fact they have literally no expieriance in undertaking such an invasion. I have no doubts they would inflict heavy casualties, but a United Westeros (key word here) would defeat them. It's a simple matter of having home field advantage, and being adept at fighting in the terrain where the battles would take place. A significant sea battle alone would reduce their numbers by 2/3.

16 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

LMAO at half a million soldiers, book or no book, half a million soldiers and half a million horses, they would be dieing of old age before they all ever got across the sea. Then there is that whole problem of actually having to feed that many men and horses. That's larger than the invasion force in Normandy.

I haven't seen a Dothraki archer yet. Then there is the simple fact they have literally no expieriance in undertaking such an invasion. I have no doubts they would inflict heavy casualties, but a United Westeros (key word here) would defeat them. It's a simple matter of having home field advantage, and being adept at fighting in the terrain where the battles would take place. A significant sea battle alone would reduce their numbers by 2/3.

its not just dothraki though ,aside from ironbon fleet , she will take volantis fleet ,also she can hire ships,braavos has like 3000 merchant ships

what makes you think westeros can defeat dothraki?  based on what ?all evidence suggest otherwise, in book says they cant defeat dothraki, in tv show says, real historical event happened with mongols which dothraki based on,

they do have experience dothraki destroyed sarnori kingdom to ground which had heavy armored soldiers and cities,

essos has like 100 sellsword company yet free cities bribes dothraki to not attack them, and sellswords soldiers mostly westeros knights

now dany untied dothraki khalsaars into one single army i dont see it happening at all

Archived