(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

On 5/24/2016 at 10:04 PM, Soccer69 said:

Also Daenerys says to Jorah "go find a cure" and acts like its that easy. (Yes I get the whole moral boost in giving him a command here but it still seems like a hopeless journey).  All we know from the books and show is Stannis found the only cure (through maesters, magicians, and everyone in between) and somehow stopped Shireen's spread.  From the books Val said it would be a kindness to put Shireen out of her misery and I don't remember anywhere across the Narrow Sea where grey scale victims weren't just sent to that river area to die. So, in the show, those two are dead (Stannis and Shireen), along with Stannis's wife, and the only Maester I am assuming would have direct knowledge (RIP 2nd season with the poison). So, what if any, kind of cure do we think Jorah is gonna find.

It is only supposed to be a fatal disease in adults and not children.   Stannis tried to have the greyscale part cured so that his daughter would not be disfigured.  

1 hour ago, The Knight in Motley said:

That reminds me that I was thinking the other day that Meera is probably the best representation of a woman on the show: someone who is strong, their own person, and functional at their role without any kind of direct influence of another male character.

Yeah cause brans story doesn't influence hers directly at all.  What? Her story wouldn't exist without brans. What is this "function " and "role" you speak of?

My biggest issue was the kingsmoot and eurons depiction.  Wtf?  

And how has jaime just forgotten about myrcellas murder??? That was an act if war and it's like, just on the backburner for now. What? 

The hodor thing was ok. The play was 5 minutes too long. The Dany scene was ok but she better actually do SOMETHING soon.  Just spinning her wheels.....

8 hours ago, Kris370 said:

*Let's go murder them!"...

I THINK it was a bit of a callback to Tyrion saying something similar during Blackwater. It seems the show has perfected the process of recycling - entire scenes, single lines, you name it, we get it! We even get a meta-commentary on Season 1 with the play. I look forward to seeing more bro-trips since Jorah's and Daario's got cut short. No doubt Bronn will make an appearance with someone this season and travel somewhere, because hey, Dorne worked out so well! :P 

Regarding Euron - I think they should have gone with their original instincts and cut both Dorne and the Iron Islands (if they wanted Yara to be Victarion, I think you could have done that without the Kingsmoot.) But then again, I guess they would have to write original content for a couple of seasons, rather than doing the plots from the books that so many have maligned, but doing them in a totally half-assed and unconvincing way.

I also have an issue with the secret underground subway system that certain characters have access to.  The show used to show travel scenes.  Not anymore. Theon gets to pyke in no time, littlefinger can instantaneously get anywhere and now the ww's can just rematerialize and show up wherever. So brans totally screwed because they just can teleport to wherever he is. Why show the ww horde walking in an earlier season.  They can apparently just ride a fucking blizzard. Am I forgetting something? I mean they were there in a second. Is this a power we were aware of?  Why chase them when they can teleport ON TOP OF THEM. This travel stuff is crazy to me.  

At first I took issue with sansa at mole town but I kind of justified it by telling myself, she lied and said she needed sewing supplies for her new outfit so that's why she went.  Killing two birds with one stone. But all of this lying she's doing is a problem...

39 minutes ago, hexagone said:

And how has jaime just forgotten about myrcellas murder??? That was an act if war and it's like, just on the backburner for now. What?

And let's not forget Carol who vowed to "burn their cities to the ground" should something happen to her daughter. Guess she's got more pressing matters. Mother's Day is around the corner after all, so she's gotta patch things up with Tonmen. OK, now we can burn their cities to the ground! Cry havok and let ... What? Peasants are saying that my boobs are saggy and my ass is flat? I will have each of them sought out and killed ....

15 minutes ago, Low Sparrow said:

And let's not forget Carol who vowed to "burn their cities to the ground" should something happen to her daughter. Guess she's got more pressing matters. Mother's Day is around the corner after all, so she's gotta patch things up with Tonmen. OK, now we can burn their cities to the ground! Cry havok and let ... What? Peasants are saying that my boobs are saggy and my ass is flat? I will have each of them sought out and killed ....

It's not clear to me that Cersei can do much of anything at the moment.  She has been divested of all official power and barred from meetings of the small counsel.  Kevan is in control of House Lannister and, presumably, its armies.  She has tried to get power back but she was rebuffed and mocked.  With whom (that is, with what army) would she retaliate against Dorne at the present time?

As an aside, being upset about peasants mocking her looks is the most consistent-with-books reaction she could possible have.

On May 24, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Neds Secret said:

We are all saying the same thing, just in a different order, but you nailed it. Dick jokes, farting and fart jokes,more dick jokes, every episode and then warty dicks, it's a bloody disgrace, it really is. What's saddest if all is that GoT had roped us all in with the first couple of seasons, it sucked me right in, it was great! It was atmosphere in tension, the characters were consistent and real, and I really loved them or hated them, the dialogue was realistic and tight and cutting and the mysterious stuff (the cold winds are rising) had me obsessed, I wanted to know what would happen, I needed to know about the White Walkers, there was so much wonder and I could not get enough of it, I LOVED it. But mate, it's over, from about the time of Joffreys death on its like it jumped of a cliff. The standard of it, the quality of it has gone downhill faster than I can possibly believe, I just cannot fathom it. Game of thrones now is ridiculous with idiot characters that either do stupid shit or die stupidly or impossibly brilliant villains that Bullshit like Jedi mind tricksters or kinslay stupidly and get praised and rewarded for it, stupidly! It's all so bloody STUPID!!!!

Yep,.  First few seasons were good because they were following the books fairly closely and a lot of the dialogue was right from the pages of the books.  I understood when they had to cut or merge characters for the most part.

Season 5 was so horrible it was mostly unwatchable, particularly anything that had to do with Dorne.  WTF was that?  The only decent episode was Hardhome.  I am not even a Stannis fan, and I think they butchered his character.  Jaime is one dimensional.  Tyrion, one of my favorite characters in the books, is so awful that every time he appears on screen I silently pray that Rhaegal will bathe him in a torrent of dragonflame, toss him in the air, and eat him, along with everyone in Mereen.  SuperBrienne is humorless and one dimensional.  I'm not even interested in Arya anymore.  Jon Snow is resurrected from the dead to rise as Jon Stargaryen...I mean a mope who needs Sansa to shame him into saving Rickon.  Davos barely cares about Stannis and Shireen. Euron is crowned king because he has a dick.  Danaerys is insufferable.  WTF is this show?

i had hoped Season 5 was an anomaly.  While this season has had a few good moments, it's still pretty bad.  The dialogue is so poorly written, the toilet humor is dull.  I don't understand how anyone can think this season and the last weren't ridiculous.  At this point i only watch to see how it will end.

3 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

That reminds me that I was thinking the other day that Meera is probably the best representation of a woman on the show: someone who is strong, their own person, and functional at their role without any kind of direct influence of another male character.

Ruh Roh, they will have to fix that.

1 hour ago, LadySoftheart said:

Regarding Euron - I think they should have gone with their original instincts and cut both Dorne and the Iron Islands (if they wanted Yara to be Victarion, I think you could have done that without the Kingsmoot.) 

Yeah, send Euron back to his beer commercial.

Just a reminder of the thread rules, quoting the OP:

On 22/05/2016 at 0:34 AM, LulaMae Barnes said:

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if the normal rules of the forum do not apply.

Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand: this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.

Rant along!

I guess im ok with the euron killing balon scene earlier, but the kingsmoot would've been a little bit better if euron didn't admit to murder.  He could've easily said you don't know what the f you're talking about to yara when she accused him. This abrupt complete disregard of kin/kingslaying is insane.  The ironborn should've rioted.  

This is the pettiest gripe I've ever made, but the man who became the Night's King has blond hair.

The First Men were dark-haired. Fair skin and blond hair didn't arrive until the Andals did, at least 4,000 years after that event.

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

This is the pettiest gripe I've ever made, but the man who became the Night's King has blond hair.

The First Men were dark-haired. Fair skin and blond hair didn't arrive until the Andals did, at least 4,000 years after that event.

Somebody somewhere around here already complained about said "first man" having a perfectly waxed chest. So you're not up there yet on the petty department. :P

On 5/24/2016 at 9:18 AM, Xcorpyo001 said:

Was a little busy the last couple of days, and these complaints have been discussed ad infinitum, but it’s very cathartic to put them on page.

The North(up to the Wall)

Sansa receives a letter with LF’s sigil, inviting her outside the relative safety of CB. She doesn’t trust LF anymore, but goes there anyway, because reasons. Jon&co never find out about the message from that NW guy, they don’t see her leaving with Brienne(probably with horses, via main gate), they don’t notice she’s gone during her escapade, nor do they notice her returning. Riiiight.

LF managed to get the entire Vale army to Moat Cailin in  a matter of days? WTF? Does that mean that the fortress that was never conquered from the south was conquered by an army coming from the south?!? Or maybe Roose and Ramsay let it undefended, although they are at war with the crown since Ramsay married Sansa, and with the Freys since he fed Walda to his dogs?

“You freed me from the monsters that killed my family and you gave me to other monsters that murdered my family”. Well, well, it seems we will finally find out the second part of LF’s master plan to have revenge on the Boltons. You know, the one he told Sansa at MC to convince her to marry the monsters that killed her family. She did agreed after all, so it must be something epic. I don’t want to believe that the revenge was only Ramsay being married to Sansa. True , she can be a pain at times, but every time she pissed him off all she did was earn an extra raping for that day. Nope, they just gloss over it.

Let’s get back to the part where LF is offering her the armies of the Vale, an army she desperately needs to defeat the Boltons. At this point in time, she only has 2000 troops, and Bolton just tripled his army with the help of the Umbers and Karstarks. But she refuses, because she hates LF, or she doesn’t trust the guy. This is without a doubt the stupidest thing she ever did.

LF: I want to make it up to you by giving you an army twice the size of anything Ramsay can have at his command, no strings attached

Sansa: Hard pass.

LF/Brienne/Cersei/Marg/Dany/Ellaria/Tommen/Moonboy: :bang:

Mace Tyrell: “I’m sorry that my mother, the Queen of Thorns, can’t join you in this exercise, but the stupidity of that answer was so great, her poor old heart just exploded from shock. She will be missed.”

(Had to recycle this from an earlier post, was to lazy to change it.)

Anyway, the show is trying to present Sansa as a budding player of the game. And the first thing she does is to refuse a free army, that could conquer WF by itself? A smart move was to accept, use the troops, and then deal with LF. If she distrusted LF, have Brutienne kill him on the spot and go herself to deal with her cousin and Lord Royce, who are both on her side, and like/trust her more than LF. Or let LF live, but deal with SR and Royce directly, thus circumventing his power plays.

Next we have the info about the Blackfish. So Sansa doesn’t trust LF enough to accept his help and troops of the Vale, but trusts him implicitly on this information? Information that makes no sense, and can’t help her. Even if the BF has an extra army he could spare, he is fighting both the Freys and the Lannister armies. Also, in order for him to go to the north, he has to pass through the Twins(Robb had to agree to marry a Frey to do this, and they were allied at the time, not enemies like now), then conquer MC, who should be impregnable when attacked from the south, and then go to the north in the same conditions Stannis’ troops faced last season. Yeah, right.  

Ahh, let’s not forget the ‘your half brother’ parting comment. So last episode Sansa was all laughs and Jon you are my brother and a Stark. You’re the son of the last Warden of the North. Northern families are loyal. They’ll fight for you if you ask.  One chat with LF later and she’s all lies and  No, but I do(have Stark name). Jon is as much Ned’s son as Ramsay is Roose Bolton’s. WTF? One does not simply compares people to Ramsay freaking Bolton. And Sansa fans are like Sansa can totally see through LF’s schemes. Pull the other one. I think even SweetRobin would have seen through that obvious try at seeding distrust between her and Jon. And since she’s Cat’s daughter, him being a bastard is all she needs as an excuse to start lying to him and start plotting, hiding vital troops information, etc. I guess this means that her apology from last episode is meaningless, since she is back at seeing him as a not to be trusted bastard again. 

And we also have Sansa during the map scene. Thinking that she can convince the Karstarks to join her because she’s a Stark. Citing the North remember, while having ample proof that most does not in fact remember. Lying to her allies for no good reason(she can’t give an answer when Brienne asks her later). Well, I guess an answer could be ‘because I can’. Trust LF implicitly and disseminate the information about the Blackfish. I don’t think there is enough time for the BF to send an army, and if he does, it won’t be a sizeable force. Not mentioning the Vale army under the command of Lord Royce(ally) and SR, her cousin by blood.

And about her starting her player moves. Someone should tell her that unless you are related by blood to the Boltons, Cersei, Euron, Varys or LF, it’s better if you play your games against your enemies and people that are in the way of your family good fortunes ,and  not against your only family or trusted allies. But then again, Jon is a bastard, and we all know that they are lowborn, deceitful and can’t be trusted. Because LF and her sweet loving mother said so.  Grrr.

They made her so insanely inconsistent that I don't know how ST is able to do anything with this character. I mean in one scene they show how inconsistent she is. So, it's great she calls LF out but she also inadvertently shows herself to be a idiot for trusting him. Also why didn't she realize he was either an idiot or enemy with the marriage strike to begin with? She didn't need to know about Ramsay to know he was a Bolton, the family that orchestrated her brother, mother, and bannermen's deaths? I don't blame her for what she endured with Ramsay, but I dislike that they even opened up a space for victim blaming by framing it as a choice. So, it's like they wanted to have it both ways. She was 'a hardened woman making a choice'  last year at Moat Cailin, but in this scene with LF she was an unknowing victim. I also thought it was dumb that she would buy into his obvious divide and conquer tactic concerning Jon. I just don't get any of this. I hate what they've done to her.

By now Sansa, Brienne and Littlefinger might have learned about the threat of White Wlakers. But none of them seem concerned about this. I mean how would you react when you realise that the earth is about to be invaded by aliens. Would you still go on about your quarrels or try to run away?

I understand that they still need to take Winterfell to unite the North against the WW. But there is no discussion about any plan on how to stop them. 

Now Brienne is going to Riverlands next episode. Is she going to talk about the WW to river lords?

In the show, the WW appear one episode, but after that they are completely forgotten until the next episode (usually 3-4 episodes later) in whcih they appear. 

9 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I agree. And she is decisive as well. She is strong, yet sensitive to others. And she displays a woman's protective instincts when it concerns Bran.

Meh, I don't think she's a very interesting character. Meera is just there as a babysitter for Bran. She's a big sister stereotype, and a stereotype of a female caretaker. She'll frown a little and chastise a little, but ultimately she'll take care of and be understanding and protect and defend Bran. She's there to support a male role. (I would actually had enjoyed seing her have some sex drive considering she's like 18 according to the Wiki, but clearly the place they're at and the fact that her primary company is a child doesn't leave much room for that.) So far she hasn't had much of a plot or agency of her own. They haven't had much reason to mess her up when her primary function is acting as a big sister to Bran. They'll get there.

Archived