Cersei's Valonqar (Little Brother) [Theory - Possible Spoliers?]

17 minutes ago, Pacala said:

i was wrong HS don't need Tommen dead, Margery does. with Tommen dead she will be the quenn, she can free her brother, send Cercei awai or even marry those 2.

but the title say The Broken Man, and Loras could be the broken one too besides Jaimie, Theon, Sansa, I dont remember who else we saw in Ep7 trailer. Probably the tile referes to more than one character. HS could pick Loras as faith champion.

Margery would be in the same position as Cercei with Tommen dead. She would be the former queen. She is not next in the succession. A Baratheon heir would be next in line.

I think what is likely to happen in both show and books is that Cersei will be indirectly responsible for Tommen's death. Not only will it break her, it will also destroy Jaime to have lost his last son because of Cerise's schemings and he will choke her to death, fulfilling the valonqar prophecy. 

I don't even think we will have a trial for Cersei on the show, I just think Cersei will go mad and fuck up everything before the trial even takes place. KL will be in total chaos and open for conquest, civil wars etc and it will therefore be a piece of cake for Daenerys to take the city after a few pretenders have tried to install their own shot-lived dynasties.

Interested why so many people are convinced Cersei will survive this season. To me everything points to this being the final moments for her storyline. What would she possibly be doing in season 7? Being even more mad, waiting for someone's little brother to strangle her? I also can't see why they would need to delay the trial till next season, especially when it has been teased since last season.

Just now, Tyrion's Third Wife said:

All these theories and predictions are fine and dandy but are missing one teeny tiny point...

The "valonqar" part of Maggy the Frog's prophecy doesn't exist in the show.

No, but the character killing Cersei in the show will surely be the same who kills her in the books.

My opinion on the theory :

• Cersei will not die before Tommen
  • how CleganeBowl is confirmed when we didn't see the return of the hound in the show?
  • they shown us the champion of the faith in the first trailers of season 6 and he is not the hound, he is a random faith militant

26 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

• how CleganeBowl is confirmed when we didn't see the return of the hound in the show?
  • they shown us the champion of the faith in the first trailers of season 6 and he is not the hound, he is a random faith militant

Why are you assuming that this random faith militant (about to get his head ripped off) is the faith's champion? Looking at this small piece of footage, if there is anything we can deduce it's that he is not a champion. Why on Earth would the faith put this tiny man up against The Mountain, wearing no body armour at all & wielding a small chain? Or are you referring to another bit of footage? The trailers do show us a confrontation between The Mountain and the faith militant ("I choose violence"), but there is no reveal of the trial.  

The Hound will be returning this episode, and will be presented as the champion of the faith.

Just now, Fiery Heart said:

Why are you assuming that this random faith militant (about to get his head ripped off) is the faith's champion? Looking at this small piece of footage, if there is anything we can deduce it's that he is not a champion. Why on Earth would the faith put this tiny man up, wielding a chain and wearing no body armour at all, against The Mountain? Or am I looking at the wrong piece of footage?

yes I was speaking about that faith militant, the hound have normal body size and no one have the size of the mountain and I'm assuming because I think that the hound returning as the faith militant is toooooooooo far fetched as theory

Just now, Fiery Heart said:

The Hound will be returning this episode, and will be presented as the champion of the faith.

yes about that,  they said also that the army of the tyrell will destroy the faith militants and Cersei will burn all KL, nothing happened in the last episode, i'm no longer believing in any prediction

18 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

yes I was speaking about that faith militant, the hound have normal body size and no one have the size of the mountain and I'm assuming because I think that the hound returning as the faith militant is toooooooooo far fetched as theory

yes about that,  they said also that the army of the tyrell will destroy the faith militants and Cersei will burn all KL, nothing happened in the last episode, i'm no longer believing in any prediction

It really is not that far-fetched. Putting it simply; having been abandoned by Arya, The Hound was found and taken in by the faith, under the protection of a man named Septon Meribald (played by Ian McShane who has said he is bringing back a character who people thought was dead). He is also the brother of The Mountain, and is by no means an average body size but is also well-built and tall. It seems extremely fitting narratively that he should go up against his older brother, who tortured and mutilated him as a child.

That faith militant in the trailer is clearly not their champion, and that moment is from Cersei's encounter with them when she states that she chooses violence.

4 hours ago, Fiery Heart said:

Interested why so many people are convinced Cersei will survive this season. To me everything points to this being the final moments for her storyline. What would she possibly be doing in season 7? Being even more mad, waiting for someone's little brother to strangle her? I also can't see why they would need to delay the trial till next season, especially when it has been teased since last season.

Well, the reason I assume she'll survive is that i don't think she will lose her trial by combat. As I already mentioned in some other thread, I think it might be the case that the Mountain will kill the other champion, but will be exposed as a zombie, thus complicating Cersei's situation further. GoT likes to stay realistic and I just don't see anyone defeating a freakin' undead of this size and strengh.

Also, it might be the case that the trial by combat will never even happen - the accusation of killing Robert and sleeping with Lancel both rely on Lancel's testimony. And Lancel is toast.

From the perspective of pure story-telling she is only needed around for as long as Tommen lives, so that the prophecy is fulfilled when he dies, so in that matter, I agree with you. I just think she'll die early in the next season, when there will be enough time to make a proper setup for it.

55 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Well, the reason I assume she'll survive is that i don't think she will lose her trial by combat. As I already mentioned in some other thread, I think it might be the case that the Mountain will kill the other champion, but will be exposed as a zombie, thus complicating Cersei's situation further. GoT likes to stay realistic and I just don't see anyone defeating a freakin' undead of this size and strengh.

Also, it might be the case that the trial by combat will never even happen - the accusation of killing Robert and sleeping with Lancel both rely on Lancel's testimony. And Lancel is toast.

From the perspective of pure story-telling she is only needed around for as long as Tommen lives, so that the prophecy is fulfilled when he dies, so in that matter, I agree with you. I just think she'll die early in the next season, when there will be enough time to make a proper setup for it.

Interesting possibilities, but there has been so much foreshadowing and references to this trial by combat. Don't you think it not going ahead would be quite dull narratively? She's already accepted her trial by combat, and Lancel has testified to the HS, so I would argue that his death would make no difference. Personally I imagine that the Zombie Mountain will come up against some issues with his rotting corpse during the battle, I think it's realistic that whatever magic / power which is keeping him alive will likely fail at some point. I reckon he'll fall to pieces in a disgusting fashion.

5 hours ago, Fiery Heart said:

I agree 100% that this season is shaping up to be Cersei's swan song.  D+D is always heavy with foreshadowing, and Cersei's hasn't done much this season other than talk about how she's going to get revenge. All this focus on Cersei's "revenge" seems to be a ruse to lead viewers down a different path. Downplaying her this season - almost making her sympathetic - and then killing her off in a "Gasp! Surprise!" is a total D+D move.

I'm not saying she doesn't die in the books too, I'm just saying the way they have been playing her character this season makes me believe she is done for by episode 10.

Total opinion, I have no basis to back up these statements other than a feeling, lol

Honestly I believe it will be Jaime, just for the whole irony of it where Cersei believed her whole life that it's her hated Imp brother Tyrion, but at the very end it's her beloved twincest brother/lover Jaime who kills her. I also believe Jaime will die at that very moment as well because of the whole "in the arms of the woman I love" deal.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:14 AM, Future Null Infinity said:
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:51 PM, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

"Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother". It is the word used by "Maggy", a maegi and fortune teller, in her prophecies to Cersei Lannister and Melara Hetherspoon"

Sorry if this has already been discussed to death, but the way this season is shaping up has me convinced that it is Cersei's last stand and I'd love to hear what other people think? Throughout her life she has been convinced that Tyrion is the Valonqar that will ultimately cause her demise. 

With the CleganeBowl all but confirmed and Tommen's conversion to the Faith, there are suddenly two other "little brothers" that may actually be the ones to end Cersei's reign. D&D are always super heavy handed with foreshadowing, and they've done nothing but try to convince us that this is going to be Cersei's "revenge" season. I think it is all a ruse, and a poor attempt at diverting attention. 

If the Hound beats the Mountain during CleganeBowl, Cersei will lose her trial by combat. Thus, her demise is at the hands of the "Little Brother" (The Hound). If she is sentenced to death, I have a feeling that the newly religious Tommen will call it the God's justice and carry out her sentence. Tommen is the "Little Brother" to Joffrey. 

With all these season of focusing on Cersei's love and devotion to her children, it would only be fitting to see her head on the block at Tommen's command. As a newly converted member of the Faith, he would see it as his duty to carry out the God's justice and Jamie won't be around to stop him. 

Maggie's prophecy was that all three of her children will die, so Cersei's story will not end until that happens.

If Tommen dies there will civil war since there are no clear heirs after him. At that point the faith will have bigger issues on their hands than Cersei's fate.

I think the story will require Tommen to be sitting on the throne until the last season. Which in turn means that Cersei will last that long.

8 minutes ago, tugela said:

If Tommen dies there will civil war since there are no clear heirs after him. At that point the faith will have bigger issues on their hands than Cersei's fate.

Maybe it's the trick, Daenerys will come to westeros and she will find a raging civil war and she will be the only one able to stop it

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Cersei cannot die before her children nor before another queen comes to cast her down, that is, if we believe the prophecy in its entirety.

And from what I understood from the images and the preview of this episode, the 'another queen comes to cast her down' part is happening right now and it's Margaery

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

And from what I understood from the images and the preview of this episode, the 'another queen comes to cast her down' part is happening right now and it's Margaery

I haven't seen the images. It makes sense that it could be Margaery.

There are rumours that Olenna 

Spoiler

goes to Dorne to broker an alliance

So maybe the "queen" could be Ellaria?

Possible.

Everyone probably thinks Dany will be the queen that casts her down & that Margaery is a red herring but it could be her after all or there are several other possibilities. There's no guarantee that the Queen that casts her down will stay Queen for long or will sit on the Iron Throne at the end... If there is an Iron Throne at the end.

Archived