She's back

Drayzen

15 minutes ago, Valhalla Morghulis said:

Jon comes back from the dead, as does Benjen and the Hound seemingly, so now another one  would just be a cliché too far for most show watchers and it wouldn't work and wouldn't have much impact. DD look to be rushing thru epis now to the final season so introducing her, and explaining to the  many new show watchers who Catelyn was and what happened to her, as it was in season 3, will eat up too much time.

Besides Jon and Benjen and Catelyn, don't forget all the other exiled, missing, or dead characters seemingly returned to us: Jaime, Gregor, Dany, Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Arya, Shae, Theon.

It’s the "arc" theme of the season: Quaerendo invenietis.

Could be completely wrong (like the people who said Jon SnuSnu and Sandor were never coming back, huehue), but I don't think she's that important.

If she is coming back and you're a fan of hers, then I don't think you want these dudes to be affiliated with her, unless you're really into characters who butcher civilians for fun.

12 hours ago, Valhalla Morghulis said:

Jon comes back from the dead, as does Benjen and the Hound seemingly, so now another one  would just be a cliché too far for most show watchers and it wouldn't work and wouldn't have much impact. DD look to be rushing thru epis now to the final season so introducing her, and explaining to the  many new show watchers who Catelyn was and what happened to her, as it was in season 3, will eat up too much time.

Wait...are you insinuating that new show watchers just pick this show up where it is without watching previous seasons? Lmao. If that's the case they have a lot more problems than not knowing who LSH is if she comes back.

They don't need to explain much at all. We all know who Beric and the BWoB are. We all know who killed Cat and who the Freys are. All the explanation the show would need is the resurrection which can be taken care of in a 5 minute scene. She could very well be a big part of the end game for all we know. Time will tell either way. There's just too much Tully/Frey/Red Wedding going on right now in this season for her not to be here.

Edit: Also, Benjen and the hound were never dead.

Jon was the only one killed on screen. Cat was killed on screen.

1 hour ago, Drayzen said:

Jon was the only one killed on screen. Cat was killed on screen.

Yup.

Never seen the body != dead.

Actually, the biggest shocker so far would be Stannis who fell into 'never seen the body' category and did not come back.

15 hours ago, Drayzen said:

They don't need to explain much at all. We all know who Beric and the BWoB are. We all know who killed Cat and who the Freys are. All the explanation the show would need is the resurrection which can be taken care of in a 5 minute scene. She could very well be a big part of the end game for all we know. Time will tell either way. There's just too much Tully/Frey/Red Wedding going on right now in this season for her not to be here.

Martin said that if he were the showrunners, he’d put a Bericked Cat in.  After all, he did it the first time around.  To say he’d put her in for the show, too, says that Cat has something important to do.  And it isn't just hang her killers.

5 hours ago, Marsh Targeryen said:

I was told that they even the played the darker version of the soundtrack of the brienne swearing to catelyn, when the brother ray was hanging.. Another foreshadowing? 

Absolutely.  Having that particular theme music underscore the hanging scene is like putting up a giant neon sign flashing CAT WAS HERE.  Oh, and she’s going to hang anybody she thinks deserves it.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Absolutely.  Having that particular theme music underscore the hanging scene is like putting up a giant neon sign flashing CAT WAS HERE.  Oh, and she’s going to hang anybody she thinks deserves it.

Interesting about the music.  If LS is actually going to be in the show, though, it does make one wonder why she would think Ray and his followers deserved to be slaughtered?  Unless it was a rogue faction within the BWB?:dunno:

19 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Interesting about the music.  If LS is actually going to be in the show, though, it does make one wonder why she would think Ray and his followers deserved to be slaughtered?  Unless it was a rogue faction within the BWB?:dunno:

Ray loudly confessed to slitting a boy's throat in front of his mother as Lem was riding up.  Cat's going to be touchy about that.

They were harboring Sandor, the Lannister's dog.

That's plenty to push Cat into having them all killed.

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Ray loudly confessed slitting a boy's throat in front of his mother as Lem was riding up.  Cat's going to be touchy about that.

They were harboring Sandor, the Lannister's dog.

That's going to be enough to to push Cat into having them all killed.

Hmm...maybe.  But there seems to be an awful lot of assumption necessary to make those the reasons.  There was absolutely no indication Lem and company heard any of that.  Also, there was absolutely no indication Lem and company recognized Sandor.

I actually don't think LS is going to be in the show...but time will tell.:dunno:  

1 minute ago, Prince of the North said:

Hmm...maybe.  But there seems to be an awful lot of assumption necessary to make those the reasons.  There was absolutely no indication Lem and company heard any of that.  Also, there was absolutely no indication Lem and company recognized Sandor.

I doubt the writers would have had Ray tell that particular tale at that particular time unless it were relevant.

Also, It looked to me like they gave Sandor a hard look.

But we shall see, we shall see.

7 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I doubt the writers would have had Ray tell that particular tale at that particular time unless it were relevant.

Also, It looked to me like they gave Sandor a hard look.

But we shall see, we shall see.

Yes, I think it was relevant but in a different way.  I think it was basically Ray telling the audience how Sandor felt about Mycah and why he seems to have changed.

But I completely agree.  We don't really know for now and we shall see;)    

8 hours ago, Marsh Targeryen said:

I was told that they even the played the darker version of the soundtrack of the brienne swearing to catelyn, when the brother ray was hanging.. Another foreshadowing? 

Here are the links to youtube of the 2 scenes. Everyone can judge for themselves.

On June 9, 2016 at 0:43 PM, Drayzen said:

Here are the links to youtube of the 2 scenes. Everyone can judge for themselves.

The second one's darkness is closer the version played during Season 4’s “Oathkeeper”, where Brienne accepts the eponymous sword from Jaime and vows to fulfill her vow to Lady Catelyn.

Family.

Duty.

Honor.

Archived