Who did Sansa write to, because my first thought was not LF.

Gertrude

17 hours ago, permaximum said:

Well I have because i'm 27, I have enough money to live without working (but I'm not rich), I'm considered highly intelligent and good looking (but I haven't been with a girl in the last few years largely because I get bored quick and I'm too lazy for serious relationships) and I haven't read a single book since I don't know when :) Did I mention I'm also a bit megalomaniac?

In light of this you have every right to call me a jerk. But I don't speak harsh truths to people's face because of ethical rules, social structure etc. unless they're close friends of mine. You're just a victim of sharing your thoughts on a virtual realm. I'm truly sorry :(

This is one of worst, most insecure example of humblebrag I have seen on the internet

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:29 AM, Forlong the Fat said:

Who says no one noticed? Has there been a scene with anyone who should have noticed and cared who acted like they didn't notice and care?

Has there been a scene where it is explained how thousands of men and horses march hundreds of miles unseen? Your logic works both ways.

1 minute ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

Has there been a scene where it is explained how thousands of men and horses march hundreds of miles unseen? Your logic works both ways.

No it doesn't.  And apparently the problem is you don't understand TV shows.  All sorts of people may have seen them.  No one shown in any scene on the show either saw them or cared enough to comment on it.  The TV show portrays only some of things, not all of the things, occurring in Westeros.

23 hours ago, MtnLion said:

There are multiple ways to cross the rivers, and the most common one is on the King's Road, at the Ruby Ford.

Travel between Moat Calin and the Vale does not cross a river that is mapped...

The point I was making is that it seems to be far too much deus ex machine to move them that distance without detection.

Just now, Forlong the Fat said:

And apparently the problem is you don't understand TV shows.

Wow. Is that your expert opinion? I will file it away for future reference.

Do you understand exposition? Rhetorical. There is no need for a lengthy scene or explanation, it could have been handled subtly instead of not at all.

1 hour ago, Banjo said:

This is one of worst, most insecure example of humblebrag I have seen on the internet

Well, you as a person with an average IQ (considering the gaussian distribution of IQ among homo sapiens sapiens and your post count along with the content of your post in a forum dedicated for fantasy books and a fantasy show),  I see it's a bit hard to understand the context of that post. It was a reply to a line from the previous post which included "You must have lots of friends". The troll post was entirely relied on sarcasm that served it's purpose of ending the absurd discussion rather quickly.

39 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

I'm sure it's already been mentioned it, but in case people aren't keeping up - Reddit already confirmed that the letter is to Littlefinger

I dont find that evidence entirely conclusive. I could write over the text in a black pen too and make it say lots of things. The only thing I can definately decipher is 'of the Vale', which, granted, is pretty conclusive, but the letter could well be to Sweetrobin.

1 hour ago, mbuehner said:

I dont find that evidence entirely conclusive. I could write over the text in a black pen too and make it say lots of things. The only thing I can definately decipher is 'of the Vale', which, granted, is pretty conclusive, but the letter could well be to Sweetrobin.

Sometimes I think Ned's loss of his head was not conclusive too. He will be resurrected. There must be a reason for all those flashbacks with Ned and Jon Snow's rather disappointing resurrection.

I think we'll see Ned, Jon, Arya, Robb, Sansa, Catelyn and Rickon together as a house rule Westeros and Essos in the end. That must be the shock D&D learned from George RR Martin. As for the bittersweet ending, the bitter thing is they suffered so much to ensure this.

BTW, nobody can convince me she wrote that letter to LF too. She probably wrote that letter to a Northern House that she mentioned in that scene. That house probably has a thousand soldiers at least right. Littlefinger's story ended anyways. Sansa will kill him.

Edit: I'm ashamed for humantiy that I have to write "this is sarcasm" here.

1 hour ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

Wow. Is that your expert opinion? I will file it away for future reference.

Do you understand exposition? Rhetorical. There is no need for a lengthy scene or explanation, it could have been handled subtly instead of not at all.

An expert opinion is not required.  Points that are important only to you generally are not filmed as scenes for a television shows.

I proposed a couple of wonderful scenes further up in the thread to accomplish your desires but you didn't respond.  Should one of the Freys told Bronn that they noticed the Vale army after Bronn took him to task for not noticing the Lannister army (leaving aside, of course that the whole point of that scene was that the Freys don't notice things they should notice)?  Should a random smallfolk have returned to his hovel, hung is coat on the peg, and registered his notice of the Vale army to his wife?

On 6/6/2016 at 4:32 AM, Jon Snow Bengal said:

I'd like to think you are right but the show only does obvious things, so my bet is on LF.

I'm going to agree with you JS B.  My thought was "OH!  of course she's writing to LF and Sweet Robin to send troopes," and that's likely the case on the show!  However, I must confess when I read this thread headline I suddenly thought....Theon?  Could she be writing Theon to rally The Iron Born to truly not only redeem himself for the Stark family but to get vengeance on Ramsey? 

1 hour ago, mbuehner said:

I don't think she wrote to LF. I think she wrote to the dude he threatened when he gave Robin that falcon - Yohn Royce.

Hopefully, she sent ravens to every house she could think of.

2 hours ago, mbuehner said:

"You promised to protect me"

"Fulfill your promise"

"Knights of the Vale are under your command"

Don't think those are things that she would write to a letter to Robin - he never promised her. He also isn't commanding the Knights of the Vale. 

Defo Littlefinger.

The only other person it could be is Yohn Royce, but it's doubtful.

When she meets with Lyanna Mormont, she immediately tries to break the ice with a comment about beauty which gets not only gets shot down but then is followed by a snarky remark on Sansa's 2 marriages.  The subtext seemed to be that Sansa has allowed herself to  be used to survive rather than by being fierce.  You can see insecurity all over her face.

When Sansa meets Glover, she tries out being fierce, but that backfires. 

LF is her only hope of a contribution to the cause.  She seems a bit desperate to have more control.  

I know it's the easy answer, but there doesn't always need to be a huge twist.

Now whether LF uses the Knights of the Vale for good or evil...?

The Knights of the Vale seem a rather noble crew, and they have no love for Littlefinger. Remember, Robin Arryn specifically sent the knights north to aid Sansa. At the first hint of a double cross by Baelish I would expect a Bronze Yonn led mutiny to remove Petyr's head. The Stark s shall have Winterfell.

Archived