Did we just see the best scene in GoT?

There's been a ton of great scenes spanning 6 seasons of Game of Thrones, but I'm hard pressed to recall one that had me as exhilarated as Jon Snow's pummeling of Ramsay Bolton. I actually got to my feet to urge Jon on during the beatdown, as if I were cheering on a pro boxer or something. I know blocking 3 arrows the way he did is pretty unrealistic but I just don't care, it was excessively awesome. The whole sequence, the approach, the vicious beating and the walking away without a look back. Just a total boss move. And I loved the way Jon's own archers lowered their bows when he started blocking arrows, as if they knew the badass bastard was in absolute control. Epic scene in every way.

It was pretty boss. I just chalked up his reflexes to being some mixture of Lord of Light magic with the berserker mode Jon enters in the books on several occasions.

In my opinion, it was just a little less excellent than Jon's suffocation scene.

Ramsay's "I've reconsidered" line in regards to single combat made me laugh.

I'm gonna have to agree with the OP.  Maybe it was the best, or top 3, or somewhere ranked very high.  I don't know.

But Jon, walking at Ramsey, using the shield, taking the three arrows and then the visceral pummeling was just.  I don't know.  Orgasmic.  

I definitely needed a cigarette after that one lol.  

After years of my favorite house getting shafted, this was a win for all of us..

I think the suffocation scene was one of the best in terms of the sheer force of it emotionally and visually, but Jon's takedown of Ramsay was definitely the best boss/f-yeah scene the show has had. I still get a surge of adrenaline thinking about it. 

1 hour ago, HellasLEAF said:

I'm gonna have to agree with the OP.  Maybe it was the best, or top 3, or somewhere ranked very high.  I don't know.

But Jon, walking at Ramsey, using the shield (Stark crest, nice touch) taking the three arrows and then the visceral pummeling was just.  I don't know.  Orgasmic.  

After years of my favorite house getting shafted, this was a win for all of us..

I'm pretty sure Jon was using a Mormont shield.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I think you'd have to categorise it as 'best fuck yeah moment' rather than best scene to have my agreement. In my opinion there have been many vastly superior scenes.

Agreed.

On this very episode, I'd say Drogon flying over the fleet or Jon facing the Bolton cavalry are better scenes.

Either way, I think the track shot of Jon fighting against the Bolton soldiers is the best scene in many episodes. Just perfect.

This scene was pretty epic. But there have been so many other fantastic scenes, both in this season and even in this very episode. 

Some of my top scenes:

1. Cersei telling Littlefinger that "power is power."
2. Dany emerging from Drogon's pyre unscathed with three baby dragons.
3. Dany dropping the mic after liberating the Unsullied.
4. Tyrion shooting Tywin.
5. Hodor holding the door.

But yeah, this one definitely had me jumping to my feet to cheer Jon on. It was powerful.

1 hour ago, Arya_Stormborn said:

Some of my top scenes:

1. Cersei telling Littlefinger that "power is power."
2. Dany emerging from Drogon's pyre unscathed with three baby dragons.
3. Dany dropping the mic after liberating the Unsullied.
4. Tyrion shooting Tywin.
5. Hodor holding the door.

The scenes you mentioned plus Dany defeating all khals in the temple of the Dosh Khaleen. Jon over Ramsay was cathartic though!

Yes, I think this was by far the best war scene you will see in TV show for a long time.

This episode has a 10 million dollar budget! A awesome cast, a good world/setting, and it had very good built up. You wont find that in another show for quite some time. The show has to become very popular in order to gain a huge budget.

On 6/20/2016 at 5:50 PM, Rory Snow said:

There's been a ton of great scenes spanning 6 seasons of Game of Thrones, but I'm hard pressed to recall one that had me as exhilarated as Jon Snow's pummeling of Ramsay Bolton. I actually got to my feet to urge Jon on during the beatdown, as if I were cheering on a pro boxer or something. I know blocking 3 arrows the way he did is pretty unrealistic but I just don't care, it was excessively awesome. The whole sequence, the approach, the vicious beating and the walking away without a look back. Just a total boss move. And I loved the way Jon's own archers lowered their bows when he started blocking arrows, as if they knew the badass bastard was in absolute control. Epic scene in every way.

Kind of funny that Jon can block his arrows at 10 yards, but Rickon gets stuck right in the heart at 300.  I don't think it takes anything crazy, the shield covered him from head to thigh when he ducks.  He can see when he pulls and anticipate when he releases to some extent.  I was kind of hoping he would just let the wildlings stick him like a pincushion, but that was fun. 

6 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

But Jon, walking at Ramsey, using the shield, taking the three arrows and then the visceral pummeling was just.  I don't know.  Orgasmic.  

Exactly!!

All the scenes being referenced are indeed excellent. I think the beatdown gets the top spot for me as much for who was involved as what went down. In one corner we have the reluctant hero, from the house that's taken an absurd amount of beatings throughout the 6 seasons, prob'ly my favorite character in the show Jon Snow and in the other corner we've got one of my most hated, vile characters from ANY show Ramsay Bolton. Each of the 20+ punches felt like an emotional release, it was downright therapeutic And the fact that it was so one sided was actually refreshing too, too many times in movies a guy will get pounded mercilessly only to somehow comeback and win in the end. Anyone who has ever actually been in a fist fight knows it generally doesn't go that way. Then to cap the whole thing off with the Stark Direwolf banners being unfurled.. just perfect

Archived