TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

I'm home again too. Tomorrow is the last day of my vacation, and then I'll start studying on Monday. Mixed feelings about that but it was a great vacation (bunch of great parties, got a job, had my first kiss, came out to a friend, got past my writer's block and Italy on top of all that) so I can't complain on that front :) 

17 hours ago, felice said:

No, they have very different goals 8) Kubo is the film I've seen most recently, and I wouldn't have considered comparing them otherwise. Though on reflection, I guess they do have certain thematic parallels...

I see, it did look extremely different when I looked it up. But if it's good I'll watch it sometime. 

ETA: Incidentally, the BBC just called Children of Men the 13th best movie of the 21st century, which... is a little soon?

32 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

ETA: Incidentally, the BBC just called Children of Men the 13th best movie of the 21st century, which... is a little soon?

That would be the 21st Century so farWhich is a bit more compelling than "The top 100 films of the past 16 years." :P

I think 15 years is enough time to start compiling a list of the best films since the end of the 20th Century though. And it's a nice No. 4 spot for Spirited Away.

So who missed me? :D:D:D I know, I know, nobody :D:D:D 

So how are you all? :D Congrats on the new schools, jobs, lives, houses, vacations, etc (I did skim through that ridiculously small amount of spam there was)! Hope everybody's doing great! I feel like poop. :D I have a stupid cold going on and off and it's on at the moment. 

happy (belated) international dog day to all your pups (on earth and in heaven)! 

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

That would be the 21st Century so farWhich is a bit more compelling than "The top 100 films of the past 16 years." :P

I think 15 years is enough time to start compiling a list of the best films since the end of the 20th Century though. And it's a nice No. 4 spot for Spirited Away.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:

I agree, but call it 'the last 15 years', not the '21st century'. (Maybe that's the heading on the actual list though, but it wasn't on what I saw.)

I don't agree with all the choices, but it's nice to see Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth, which is probably one of my top 5 movies.

2 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

So how are you all? :D Congrats on the new schools, jobs, lives, houses, vacations, etc (I did skim through that ridiculously small amount of spam there was)! Hope everybody's doing great! I feel like poop. :D I have a stupid cold going on and off and it's on at the moment. 

happy (belated) international dog day to all your pups (on earth and in heaven)! 

Wrong, you were sorely missed, we want to hear more about your sister!

Just now, First of My Name said:

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:

I agree, but call it 'the last 15 years', not the '21st century'. (Maybe that's the heading on the actual list though, but it wasn't on what I saw.)

But the last 15 years is the entirety of the 21st Century. Every movie released in the entire 21st Century was eligible for consideration :P

14 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Wrong, you were sorely missed, we want to hear more about your sister!

Aren't you sweet? :kiss: 

She is very boring, she talks about three things, this bastard guy, the girls this bastard guy has ever been in contact with and her pain over breaking up with this bastard guy. This has been going on for two months. 

3 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Aren't you sweet? :kiss: 

She is very boring, she talks about three things, this bastard guy, the girls this bastard guy has ever been in contact with and her pain over breaking up with this bastard guy. This has been going on for two months. 

Sounds like a hoot. I'm glad my sister isn't dating yet :D 

29 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Where have you been? :D

Sorry about your cold! Drink tea and keep warm, RB.

11 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Sounds like a hoot. I'm glad my sister isn't dating yet :D 

If she's anything like my sister, I can promise you it's not going to be fun. :D 

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Where have you been? :D

Sorry about your cold! Drink tea and keep warm, RB.

On vacation. And then just kind of all over the place, trying to figure out my life. How was your vacation? 

Thanks, that's what I'm doing :) 

4 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

If she's anything like my sister, I can promise you it's not going to be fun. :D 

On vacation. And then just kind of all over the place, trying to figure out my life. How was your vacation? 

Excellent, a few days of the most beautiful city and almost two weeks of seaside. I kind of want to go to the seaside again, so if I can find a day and somebody to take me ...

What have you figured out then? :) (Or is this something we are not supposed to ask? If that, completely understandable!)

15 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

How do you know she is not? :devil: She might be and you do not even know about it! :P

I know her too well :P She's in love with Netflix, socially inept and still figuring out her sexuality. So she's basically me with longer hair :lol: 

10 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

With a bit of luck I'll have moved out by that point :lol: Family gatherings are going to be interesting though. (Actually, thinking about it, I think she's too smart to fall for jerks. No disrespect to you sister intended but I cannot picture her putting up with someone's shit for longer than 48 hours).

17 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I know her too well :P She's in love with Netflix, socially inept and still figuring out her sexuality. So she's basically me with longer hair :lol: 

With a bit of luck I'll have moved out by that point :lol: Family gatherings are going to be interesting though. (Actually, thinking about it, I think she's too smart to fall for jerks. No disrespect to you sister intended but I cannot picture her putting up with someone's shit for longer than 48 hours).

Oh, if having your sexuality figured out was a condition to start dating, then I am sure plenty of people in this world are doing something wrong ... ;) I would even say starting dating usually comes before sexuality, no? (I do not think having your sexuality figured out means only knowing which gender you are attracted to, but also things you cannot figure out yourself.)

11 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Ooooo first, you've started a romance, tell us more!!.

:leer: Fear not, your king provides for his people.

Spoiler

It's a guy who went to the same elementary school as me that I came across on a dating app. We chatted extensively the next few weeks, turns out we share a lot of interests and he's as nice as they come, and the night before I went to Italy I went over to his house to watch Inglourious Basterds because we both loved that movie and he'd just bought a beamer. No chairs in his room so we had to lie in his bed. After the movie was done he suggested we watch The Conjuring next, which I'm pretty sure he did because people tend to cuddle during horror movies. So we spooned throughout that entire movie (as far as horror movies go it was pretty good) and when I was about to go home again he kissed me :D 
Atm neither of us are looking for a relationship (I'm very new to all this and he just had a bad breakup), but we agreed that we can still have a lot of fun together, maybe with some

Spoiler

benefits...

Spoiler

:leer: 

He keeps saying that he's missed me while I was in Italy and how glad he is that I'm back, and invited me to come over to his place for another movie as soon as I have the time.

Enough information? :P 

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, if having your sexuality figured out was a condition to start dating, then I am sure plenty of people in this world are doing something wrong ... ;) I would even say starting dating usually comes before sexuality, no? (I do not think having your sexuality figured out means only knowing which gender you are attracted to, but also things you cannot figure out yourself.)

Fair enough. I still think she'd rather spend an afternoon binge-watching House or Teen Wolf than going on a date though.

In many cases that's probably the case, yeah, even it wasn't like that for me. But then again in the years before I knew, I was really shy and didn't really have female friends, so that might have played a role :P 

And the spam is looking a little livelier at last!

I just watched an episode of Blackadder and I can see why it's popular. Has anyone here seen it? I bought my mom the DVD box for her birthday, she's ecstatic about it.

Archived