Westeros Pro Football Pick Em 2016

Manhole Eunuchsbane

That week went as expected. I would think this would be the week to make up / lose ground. Two, maybe even three games are legit chances to have upsets. KC - Pitt, KC has a good Def and great special teams, Pitt is hot AF right now so who knows? GB is the trendy hot team and Dallas has been off a week, is this where the "rookie wall" shows up? Atlanta has also rested and Seattle looked good against another pass happy team in Detroit, so does that bode well for Seattle? Who knows?

I can tell you this - anyone who picks Houston is going to make up about 20 points plus on the field, IF they are right.  But anyone who sees that should be mortgaging their house to bet on the Texans to win outright.

Editor's Note:  Do NOT mortgage your house to bet on the Texans to win outright.

Highgarden Hungry Hippos grab the top spot of the Wildcard round by virtue of the tiebreaker with 40 pts. Bronze Stones, Tywin and dbunting all tie with 40 pts. dbunting maintains a pretty solid lead in the overall...

1 dbunting 1441 57 153-93
2 White Harbor Bakers 1417 63 159-85
3 Bronze Stones 1409 46 157-87
4 Tywin 1406 41 162-82
5 Highgarden Hungry Hippos 1396 32 158-86
6 Joe Pesci 1385 51 153-91
7 JJ Lannister 1376 44 150-96
8 Lumpy the Greek 1333 51 156-90
9 Chicken Parm You Taste So Good 1273 0 138-104
10 Sunspear Shariffs 1269 56 151-92
11 Black Water Rush 1235 0 145-97
12 Ramsay B 1123 0 121-121

I am curious as to how HHH beat me in the tie-breaker (okay, not really all that curious, I was just bored).

Tiebreakers: 
Pick score of PIT-MIA (actual 30-12)  Bronn: 28-10, HHH: 33-13
Pick score of GB-NYG (actual 38-13)  Bronn: 34-19, HHH: 27-23
Highest scoring team of week: Bronn: GB (38), HHH: PItt  (30) (correct was GB)
Lowest scoring team of week: Bronn and HHH: OAK (correct DET)

I was closer on each score for each team and correct on the high scoring team and we both had the same low score choice.

I also don't care.  But I think it is funny.

EDITED:  Okay, I see I made one error.  He was closer on the MIA score.  Still not sure how -2, -2 is worse than +3 +1, but at least it was not what I'd thought the first time, that I'd been better on every measure.

SECOND EDIT:  I think I may have figured it out.  If being closer to the total score is more important than being closer to the individual scores, then we tie in round one and he wins round 2.  Unfortunately, for me, clicking the How Are Ties Broken link results in an error page.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/footballpickem_p/scoring/fpick-16.html

I'm still laughing at ME for putting 16 points on NY.

Sadly, unless a lot of chaos happens next week I'm finished. I guess I'll just have to hope and cling to having the best record. Not taking the confidence points seriously through the first few weeks was a big mistake.

Plus, ya know, this thing is run by a rigging rigger who rigs. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sadly, unless a lot of chaos happens next week I'm finished. I guess I'll just have to hope and cling to having the best record. Not taking the confidence points seriously through the first few weeks was a big mistake.

Yeah, I realize now putting more points on my underdog longshot was unnecessary and stupid. <_<

7 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I am curious as to how HHH beat me in the tie-breaker (okay, not really all that curious, I was just bored).

Tiebreakers: 
Pick score of PIT-MIA (actual 30-12)  Bronn: 28-10, HHH: 33-13
Pick score of GB-NYG (actual 38-13)  Bronn: 34-19, HHH: 27-23
Highest scoring team of week: Bronn: GB (38), HHH: PItt  (30) (correct was GB)
Lowest scoring team of week: Bronn and HHH: OAK (correct DET)

I was closer on each score for each team and correct on the high scoring team and we both had the same low score choice.

I also don't care.  But I think it is funny.

EDITED:  Okay, I see I made one error.  He was closer on the MIA score.  Still not sure how -2, -2 is worse than +3 +1, but at least it was not what I'd thought the first time, that I'd been better on every measure.

SECOND EDIT:  I think I may have figured it out.  If being closer to the total score is more important than being closer to the individual scores, then we tie in round one and he wins round 2.  Unfortunately, for me, clicking the How Are Ties Broken link results in an error page.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/footballpickem_p/scoring/fpick-16.html

I have never understood Yahoo's tiebreakers in the Pick 'Em game. I tend to believe that it is fairly flawed off the jump, as you can have two teams that are tied confidence point wise, but one team has a better record as far as the picks themselves go (say 13-3 vs 12-4) and it will still carry determining the winner down to those point prediction tiebreakers. I think it would make more sense in that instance to use the better overall record as the tiebreaker.

57 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

This'll be a tough hole to crawl out of. Sitting in 5th now with first looking virtually impossible to obtain. I think GB and Dal will be the toughest call.

Yeah, that one feels like a coin flip. On one hand, it seems like Dallas has the perfect sort of offense to keep Rodgers off the field, but the Packers are playing really well right now.

/Chefs vs Stillers is really tough as well. Hell Dirtybirds vs Seachickens is equally rough. There's really only one gimme pick next week. Could be an opportunity for the 2-5 teams to make up some ground on dbunting. 

Well I will give one hint (obvious if you see me posting in NFL thread) I am a Cowboys fan and will be picking them this weekend. Not saying how many points I am putting on them but fuck it, if you want to catch up, go against Dallas. As other have said, it would take a lot of upsets to really change much at this point.

As to the point system I was in the same boat at the start of the season, hell I didn't even pick the Thursday night game like two weeks in a row and lost 16 pt choice each week because of it. Started out 3rd from the bottom and slowly climbed up.

On 1/9/2017 at 5:37 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I'm waiting for Russia to hack yahoo, and somehow, someway, you end up the winner in an unlikely turn of events, leaving jilted Democrats fellow players in deep depression after your victory. I'm already planning on burning my New Balance shoes in protest...

Archived