Westeros Pro Football Pick Em 2016

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

I've been saying for the last two weeks that I though KC would win the west, but five others put more points into them tonight than I did.  My lead, like tears in the rain...

I laid 10 on them tonight. Seems like the home team on Thursday Night is usually good for a big number.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Same here. If they had won and the Pats won I would have destroyed the single week record. 

And still would have finished in 2nd place this week :D. if the Niners wouldn't have shit themselves against the Jets and the Cowboys won as well, I'd have only missed 3 points total. That would've been a really nice haul...

I'm more thrilled with the fact that I am finally out of being perpetually in 7th place too, even if it only lasts a week.

11 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

And still would have finished in 2nd place this week :D. if the Niners wouldn't have shit themselves against the Jets and the Cowboys won as well, I'd have only missed 3 points total. That would've been a really nice haul...

I'm more thrilled with the fact that I am finally out of being perpetually in 7th place too, even if it only lasts a week.

Eh, you still broke my record by a point.

Also, the confidence points can EABOD! I have 6 more wins than the guy in first place and I'm in forth place.

Week 14 looks to have been one of the kinder weeks, with 7 teams posting scores of 100 or greater. Joe Pesci takes the top spot with 118 pts and a 12-4 record. Tywin pulls in at 2nd with 112 pts and a 12-4 mark. Highgarden Hungry Hippos gobble 3rd with 108 pts and a 11-5 total. Little bit of distance now between the top 2 teams and the 2nd tier...

1 dbunting 1080 57 119-75
2 White Harbor Bakers 1077 63 122-70
3 JJ Lannister 1068 44 120-74
4 Tywin 1065 41 125-67
5 Bronze Stones 1060 46 120-72
6 Joe Pesci 1058 51 120-72
7 Ramsay B 1048 30 114-76
8 Highgarden Hungry Hippos 1043 32 120-72
9 Lumpy the Greek 1039 51 121-73
10 Black Water Rush 994 40 117-75
11 Chicken Parm You Taste So Good 991 50 108-86
12 Sunspear Shariffs 910 56 113-78

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, you still broke my record by a point.

Also, the confidence points can EABOD! I have 6 more wins than the guy in first place and I'm in forth place.

Yeah the confidence points thing is pretty wild across the board. 10th place has only two less wins than 1st but is 86 points behind. This is first time I've done one of these and it's way more interesting than the standard pick-the-winners polls that I've always done with my family, though money was always involved to keep my attention...

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Yeah the confidence points thing is pretty wild across the board. 10th place has only two less wins than 1st but is 86 points behind. This is first time I've done one of these and it's way more interesting than the standard pick-the-winners polls that I've always done with my family, though money was always involved to keep my attention...

Yeah it's my first time playing with confidence points too, and I'm not even that opposed to them. I just wish I had taken them seriously the first few weeks, where I had really good win/lose records, but was just putting the points in order of the games played. 

Well as the new leader I have to say I am enjoying this! Never done a pick em league of any type before so I had no clue what to do going into this. Hell the first week I think I didn't even pick some games, then two other weeks I missed the Thursday night game so it takes away the highest point option from you. I think I have basically been consistent from week to week and that's what has moved me up the board, didn't have two or three really bad weeks, my dropped score is 57, 2nd best drop.

I fully expect to finish 2nd or 3rd by the time it's over.

Archived