What do you think Robert would have done if he discovered his children were Jaime's?

EwanStark

6 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

He care about Ned not the wolf but it was no reason to fight with Cersei over a wolf. Also comparing Dany and Viserys, the family of the man who destroyed his life with a wolf who didn't care about is lame. You cannot say that because he did Cersei's favor he would had forget how the Targs destroyed his life. If he wanted them dead JonA didn’t need to know all that he need was money to pay an assassin.

But you are talking about Jon Arryn, who was still a parent figure towards Robert and who might have the biggest influence on him. 

- "I should have had them both killed years ago, when it was easy to get at them, but Jon was as bad as you. More fool I, I listened to him."

- He was no Jon Arryn, to curb the wildness of his king and teach him wisdom.

Just now, Tijgy said:

But you are talking about Jon Arryn, who was still a parent figure towards Robert and who might have the biggest influence on him. 

I am talking about the family of the guy that destroyed Robert's life and even if he is dead he still hates him. I am not saying that Robert couldn't had listened to JonA I am saying is that if he really wanted them dead they would had been dead.

7 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I am talking about the family of the guy that destroyed Robert's life and even if he is dead he still hates him. I am not saying that Robert couldn't had listened to JonA I am saying is that if he really wanted them dead they would had been dead.

But the reason why he apparently did not do it because he listened to what Jon Arryn said. Jon Arryn is according Robert the reason why he did not order to kill Dany and Viserys. 

According to Ned Jon Arryn might have been able to stop Robert while Ned might not be able to do that. 

And in the end Robert did gave the order to kill Dany so he was able to risk a child's life.  

Just now, Tijgy said:

But the reason why he apparently did not do it because he listened to what Jon Arryn said. Jon Arryn is according Robert the reason why he did not order to kill Dany and Viserys. 

Again; if he really wanted to do it no one would had stoped him. But he didn't really wanted is so JonA was able to influence him.

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

And in the end Robert did gave the order to kill Dany so he was able to risk a child's life.  

At this point Dany had married to a savage and was going to attack Westeros. 

30 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

We are talking about the question does Robert always what he wants or does he sometimes thing he doesn't want because he is told to do this with the scene of ordering Lady's death as an example. 

Of course he doesn’t always do what he wants. We are talking about a pseudo historical fictional novel.  The question the OP asked was what do you think Robert would do if he discovered his children were Jaime’s.  If the King of this novel discovers he has been cuckolded he is gonna be pissed and he is gonna want heads to roll.

People can name him drunk, lazy, slob but Robert in Martin's universe is still the King of frecking Westeros. Cersei & Jaime's incest is treason. 

52 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

About what? That someone had to be punished? 

Yes, you said:

Someone cannot hurt a member of the royal family and not being punished.

Arya hurt a member of the Royal family.

And then you said:

I don't think that he could had beheaded Arya.

So which is it? He has to, or he can't? You can't have it both ways.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Since we don't have his PoV we cannot know for sure. I based my opinion on what we have seen about Robert. Also you seem to have missed my comment about him not caring for Lady.

No, you are basing your opinion on ignoring the text, which clearly indicates that he did not want to kill a direwolf, but still did.

I did not miss your comment on him not caring for Lady, it's irellavant. I agree he did not care about Lady, that does not mean that he wanted to kill her. He knew that killing her would hurt Arya and Sansa, and go against his best friends wishes. That is why he did not want to kill Lady, yet he still did it, rendering your assertion that he would not do something that he didn't want to as false.

29 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

No one in his right mind would had hurt a member of a Great House even if he wanted it. 

Is this a response to what we were discussing? What is your point? You still haven't clarified which of your two contradicting comments you actually support. 

Again; he may didn't wanted it and yet he didn't cared. If he didn't wanted it and cared about Lady she wouldn't had died.

He didn't care about Lady, but he did care about killing her. If Robert decided to enforce what he wanted, Lady would not have been killed. 

Why he should care if he would had hurt Arya and Sansa? Also you seem to forget that he was the King he could do whatever he wanted. He didn't liked to kill Lady but didn't cared and so she died.

Please explain to me how it is that you've gotten the impression that I've forgotten that Robert was the King? I haven't in any way implied that Robert couldn't do whatever he wanted. Kindly stop attempting to shift the discussion in order to ignore the facts that I, and other posters have pointed out to you. The facts are, contrary to your assertion, that Robert did not want to kill Lady, and regardless of the reasons why, he decided to concede to Cercei's demands, and issue a command that he did not want to give. 

2 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Is this a response to what we were discussing? What is your point? I still don't know which of your two contradicting comments you actually support. 

He didn't care about Lady, but he did care about killing her. If Robert decided to enforce what he wanted, Lady would not have been killed. 

Please explain to me how it is that you've gotten the impression that I've forgotten that Robert was the King? I haven't in any way implied that Robert couldn't do whatever he wanted. Kindly stop attempting to shift the discussion in order to ignore the facts that I, and other posters have pointed out to you. The facts are, contrary to your assertion, that Robert did not want to kill Lady, and regardless of the reasons why, he decided to concede to Cercei's demands, and issue a command that he did not want to give. 

You keep forgetting something; Lady is nothing like the Targs. Sure he might wanted to do Cersei's favour since he didn't cared about the wolf. On the other hand he did cared about the man who destroyed his life and his family. If you think that a wolf who he had no bond with is the same with the family that destroyed his life then ok.

20 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You seem to believe that a wold is the same with the family that had destroyed his life. How those two are even similar?

Neither should you believe to know what I believe, so please don't tell me of what I believe either. I never once stated or implied anything that you are saying. 

This is the problem, people are assuming Tywin would give two shits about Cersei's kids. If it is founded out that they are abominations of Incest I highly doubt Tywin will give two shits about them, they'd be seen as a stain on house Lannister and Tywin cares way too much about legacy, he'll only care about what happens to Jaime and Cersei.

13 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

This is the problem, people are assuming Tywin would give two shits about Cersei's kids. If it is founded out that they are abominations of Incest I highly doubt Tywin will give two shits about them, they'd be seen as a stain on house Lannister and Tywin cares way too much about legacy, he'll only care about what happens to Jaime and Cersei.

While I agree I always thought that he would done something for them because that is what he did for Tyrion. He loaths Tyrion but still tried to free him.

16 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

If it is founded out that they are abominations of Incest I highly doubt Tywin will give two shits about them, they'd be seen as a stain on house Lannister and Tywin cares way too much about legacy,

They'd still be Lannister abomination's and even a Lannister abomination is still more important than anyone else to Tywin, just look at his treatment of Tyrion.

I don't think Robert would ever consider the idea of letting Cersei and Jaime alive regardless of the consequences.

As for the kids, I can totally see him killing Joffrey but I'm not sure if he could do the same to Myrcella and Tommen that lightly. To me it all depends on how he finds out, if he were to discover it while standing in the same room as Cersei and the children then even the two younger kids may be slaughtered without a second thought, but with some time to think he may be persuaded by Ned into something way less drastic.

1 hour ago, The Ice Wolf of Loki said:

They'd still be Lannister abomination's and even a Lannister abomination is still more important than anyone else to Tywin, just look at his treatment of Tyrion.

Abominations of incest are much worse than a dwarf, in my book anyway.

It's death and destruction I want to bring down upon House Lannister, not scorn.” - Jon Snow

Talk is cheap, even Ned has no divine knowledge on what Robert would or not do... only the person in question knows...

Robert did not kill any children for me to believe he would start doing it, like Jon didn't kill any children for me to believe he would keep his promise and kill all lannisters, Tommen and Myrcella included...

And Dany's case is far from valid here, she takes part of a planned invasion that would/will kill thousands more children, the King makes the hard decisions so the others can sleep feeling good about themselves, there's no two ways about it, it's Dany or Folk children (i know, hard to feel for characters off text)

There are no angels here, people get angry and say crap all the time, nothing new...

On 20/08/2016 at 9:25 PM, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

The problem is proof. Tywin is deeply in denial about all sorts of things, it's one of his defining features. Without paternity tests, then any evidence that Robert or anyone else produces could probably be dismissed by Tywin, and considered an excuse to cast Cersei aside. 

Archived