College Football 2016 - B1G expectations

dbunting

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

A&M has employed the strategy of not covering the one man who has been the vast majority of Tennessee's offense.  I don't know what the hell is going on.

I'll tell you, but you won't like it - John Chavis

That being said, I can't believe UT's luck. I've never seen a team get so many breaks through the first half of their season. They are certainly talented, but it seems like every team they play falls apart in the second half.

Just now, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I'll tell you, but you won't like it - John Chavis

That being said, I can't believe UT's luck. I've never seen a team get so many breaks through the first half of their season. They are certainly talented, but it seems like every team they play falls apart in the second half.

They've fumbled the ball over 20 times in 6 games.  That's an extreme lack of attention to detail that should destroy an Alabama or OSU, let alone Tennessee.

2 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

They've fumbled the ball over 20 times in 6 games.  That's an extreme lack of attention to detail that should destroy an Alabama or OSU, let alone Tennessee.

Yeah, their fundamentals are garbage. I blame Butch Jones, mostly because...well, fuck Butch Jones. That's reason enough.

Looks like y'all are going to pull it out...

5 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Wtf! I turned it off after the long QB scramble td.

A&M guy was too busy looking cool as he was scoring a touchdown and UT guy punched it out for a touchback. Then UT marched straight down the field for a score.

A&M is set back up now though.

ETA:  Oh. My. Gawd.

1 minute ago, JonSnow4President said:

I picked up my 6'5" 220 pound friend and was twirling him around his living room when we saw the pick, screaming at the top of our lungs.  Nothing quite like a big play to bring out the children in all of us.

Moments like this are why we love sports. :thumbsup:   

And while we're at it, seems a good time to break this out, although frankly there's never a bad time:  I hate Tennessee, because first of all, it's Tennessee.

Well, Tennessee's luck finally ran out, thank God.  Although I should be rooting for them to win out...I just can't.  I think they get Alabama next week, and I'll be rooting for the meteor.

My Hokies put a nice beat down on the University of No Classes today.  I was watching some of that ND-NCST game preparing myself for the worst.  And it was an ugly game, but not like ND-NCST.  I guess UNC knows there turf management better than NCST...which is odd, since NCST is the "ag" school.  But, 3 more TDs for Jerod Evans who is quietly having an awesome year...he's just overshadowed by Jackson at Louisville and Watson at Clemson.  Most talking heads seemed to have him in the 2nd tier with Trubisky from UNC, Kaaya from Miami, and maybe Francois from FSU.  Well, he totally outplayed Trubisky today. 

And Bud Foster is still the best DC in all of college football.  This marriage of Fuente and Foster seems to be playing out just as we hoped it would.  Next week we go back to an old house of horrors, the Carrier Dome.  Fortunately, it's not quite the same Syracuse team as it was back when Donovan McNabb was ripping our heart out with last minute TDs.

I've had prior engagements all day so I'm just now finishing the UK-Vandy game on DVR... so UK won in unimpressing fashion?  Go Cats!  A win is a win is a win yada yada... need 2 more wins next 2 games versus Miss St. and Mizzou just to reach a mediochre bowl... still not holding my breath.  Catching up on the rest of the action... 

Archived