Slaying personal demons: who has who?

The Fattest Leech

This should be a somewhat fun exercise and only just a tad serious. (But Leech, exercise is never fun :ack:)

There are only two-ish books left and most of our main protagonist characters are well into learning their personal set of skills and it is now going to be time to see them in action. Funnily enough, it seems that each character is being trained, or is in close proximity to, their own personal demons that will need to be slayed as a signal that training time is over and now it's time to play the field.

My idea for which main protagonist has to slay which personal demon is below. I am not 100% on a few, but that is what discussion is all about, right?B)

I tend to lean towards:

Sansa = Littlefinger, because even though the shit at the Trident and with the Cersei letter was bad, LF is the main cause for so much wrong in the Starks life, especially Sansa. And the snow castle scene with the "Come into my Castle" talk and her wary to grant permission makes it seem as though a possible sexual assault could be coming Sansa's way courtesy of LF himslef. This was also hinted at with Marillion while at the Fingers. George tends to do hint, hint, bomb! in his story telling. Joffery was just a side project in the entire scheme of things. And Sansa was not an active player in his death anyway.

Arya = LSH. Arya, as Nymeria, pulled her dead mother out of the water and that lead to Catelyn turning into LSH. Stoneheart is a lesson in the negative effects of revenge, even of guided by some god. And now LSH is almost more of a terror in the Riverlands and the faction of the BWB she is with is slowing dismantling because of her. I think Arya and her training with giving mercy and knowing what needs to be done, Arya will return to the RIverlands and find her mother, maybe have some guilt? or feel some amount of sad personal responsability, and then she will give her mother the final gift of mercy. Just adding a thought= What if Arya has to slay a faceless man or even the Kindly Man (because he is somewhat of a Bloodraven parallel)???

Jaime = Cersei? one of the two brothers. Also, maybe some Bloody Mummers.

Tyrion = Cersei? one of the two brothers. Tyrion did slay his father/fatherish depending on your theory. So was Tywin the demon for Tyrion to slay and now Tyrion is in all play mode? Could be.

Theon = Ramsay. As much as Ramsay is a pain in the ass now, he seems to be the demon in Theon's storyline specifically. I think hope to all hells that Theon gets Ramsay. Considering where Theon is in TWOW, in my opinion, this makes it very plausible.

Bran = Bloodraven??? High speculation with this one. And I will :crying::crying::crying: if this happens. I love Bloodraven. I dressed as a Raven's Tooth for Halloween. But I still think there could be something nefarious behind that mushroom eye (but that's another thread).

Jon = First, some queen's men, then maybe Marsh and stabbers (if they are still alive) and he can do this when the man is born, as Aemon says. Then comes Roose Bolton, because that is what Starks do to usurping Boltons!:devil:

Daenerys = Daario or the Green Grace, or both! Barristan makes the remark that al young girls chose "fire" and Daario is fire... but if Dany is still making that decision as a young girl, maybe Daario is her "kill the girl, let the woman be born" parallel? Pure speculation. The Green Grace because there is a good chance she is the Harpy and that Meereenese knot has been like nailing Dany's feet to the floor in terms of plot movement. This will let her move on.

The Others are the literal meta-monsters that need to be slayed to save humanity. The way it seems to me is that this is what a lot of different character training is for, each one to bring a skill to the table to help save Westeros/humanity/however far the Others roam. (now I am picturing cowboy Others in my head)

Euron is a new "demon" that is popping up in our story. Someone needs to slay him (if a dragon doesn't do it), but who??? Aeron? Could old Dampy perform such a task?

Who am I forgetting?

1 minute ago, TyrionTLannister said:

I'm not much into the reddit thing, but it was interesting to see that they also included Euron as the "divine evil". I agree with that :thumbsup:

Stannis -  Melisandre? Or himself? That'll be a good one to see.

25 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Bran = Bloodraven??? High speculation with this one. And I will :crying::crying::crying: if this happens. I love Bloodraven. I dressed as a Raven's Tooth for Halloween. But I still think there could be something nefarious behind that mushroom eye (but that's another thread).

:P Not happening, I refuse to believe!

Seriously though, BR is already half dead. Maybe the COTF are Bran's monsters? I'd also say Euron -  he seems to be set up to be the anti-Bran.

BTW, you forgot a big one - Dany. Who's her monster going to be? Her own worst impulses? Her dragons?

5 minutes ago, TyrionTLannister said:

Could Jaime be the monster Bran will have to slay? He is the one who crippled Bran and turned his life upside down, so it would be appropriate.

My personal opinion is that Bran has to forgive Jaime.  I think that's what Neds talk to him about swinging the sword himself was about.  If you cant bring yourself to do it yourself maybe the man doesn't deserve to die.

20 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Stannis -  Melisandre? Or himself? That'll be a good one to see.

:P Not happening, I refuse to believe!

I hear ya, I really do. But then who would Bran's monster to slay be? I know this particular answer with Bran can get really deep really fast.

Seriously though, BR is already half dead. Maybe the COTF are Bran's monsters? I'd also say Euron -  he seems to be set up to be the anti-Bran.

Well, if Euron is the godless demon we have now, and Bran is of the gods (or is a god), I can definitely see that being plausible, but how would they meet- or would it be a "mental" battle?

BTW, you forgot a big one - Dany. Who's her monster going to be? Her own worst impulses? Her dragons?

Duh! I sure did. I added her to the top now. I think no matter her level of grey on the GRRM scale of reasoning, she has to slay her own personal demons first, and that could be Daario (who could be setting up to betray her anyway since the Hizzy wedding and she left the city with him as a prisoner to the Yunkai) and or the Green Grace because that issue has undone and stunted any "progress" she was trying to make. When she clears these two obstacles out of her way, as hard as that Daario decision should be for her, only then can she fly on.

34 minutes ago, TyrionTLannister said:

Could Jaime be the monster Bran will have to slay? He is the one who crippled Bran and turned his life upside down, so it would be appropriate.

28 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

My personal opinion is that Bran has to forgive Jaime.  I think that's what Neds talk to him about swinging the sword himself was about.  If you cant bring yourself to do it yourself maybe the man doesn't deserve to die.

I agree with aryagonnakill#2 in this one. I think no matter what, fate decided that Bran would fall and/or lose his mobility because he was "destined" to sit in a weirwood throne. Now, if he stays there is another thing. Plus, the fall began the opening of his third eye. If Jaime did not push him, then he would have fallen another way. And if Bran forgives him, then that shows how mature he is and how "godly" he can be. Godly may be too strong of a word, but I am rushing like hell here and seemed to have forgotten basic language skills :D

I don't think it quite works that way. Many villainous characters have died without a sense of personal gratification for the characters I expect the trend to continue being so. Secondly when you say personal demons you make it sound like you are refferring to issues they maybe having.

In terms of our young Starks, those who you refer to as demons are also mentors and protectors. (I am substituting the House of Black and White for Arya). They may be training and training them for their own reasons and even be outright evil, but nonetheless may not mean them harm and in their own view working for their benefit. After all from all we have heard of BR he was utterly ruthless and probably doesn't give a shit about house Stark, while still working to prevent eternal night. Likewise LF is basically making Sansa a pretty good marriage and could be delusional enough to believe that his influence is the best thing for her and the FM are genuinely training Arya to be one of their own. In this the slaying may be neccessary for the kids to act on their own, but the slaying need not be literall or by their own hand.

Also I will personally cheer if Bran uses Hodor to break Jaime's spine after he tells him that Lannisters always pay their debts. It's high time that little whiny bitch has has his comeuppance, but I doubt I will see it.

14 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well, if Euron is the godless demon we have now, and Bran is of the gods (or is a god), I can definitely see that being plausible, but how would they meet- or would it be a "mental" battle?

I'm reading "monsters" as those who represent/bring out the worst instances of the character -  that's why I fully agree with Arya/LSH (and not Arya/Faceless Men) because it represents her biggest personal issue - to overcome her desire for revenge killing. 

In the case of Bran, his demons are either his own impulses (warging Hodor because he wants to walk, disregarding advice given to him like not to explore the cave) or the issue of "magic being a sword without a hilt." I strongly lean towards Euron, however, because he is exactly what an "evil" Bran would be like - someone who wants to use his immense magical powers to become a god-Emperor of the world, to subdue and conquer, rather than save/heal (like Bran did with Theon in ADWD, for instance.). We also have clues that Euron probably was visited by BR in his youth, but failed the test, and (I'm assuming) from then onwards, he developed this obsession with flying, magic and becoming a God of some sort, after having been introduced to the possibility by BR. (Plus, the whole "Crow's Eye", red-eye as his sigil symbolism, etc.)

There seems to be a purposeful set-up by the author here, and I think Euron will clash with (or be confronted by) BR, and by extension Bran at some point. He seems like an extremely powerful villain, who'll have to be taken down by an equally powerful guy on the other side.

29 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Duh! I sure did. I added her to the top now. I think no matter her level of grey on the GRRM scale of reasoning, she has to slay her own personal demons first, and that could be Daario (who could be setting up to betray her anyway since the Hizzy wedding and she left the city with him as a prisoner to the Yunkai) and or the Green Grace because that issue has undone and stunted any "progress" she was trying to make. When she clears these two obstacles out of her way, as hard as that Daario decision should be for her, only then can she fly on.

Plot-wise, the GG would be her monster, but on an overall level, it's her "Dragons plant no trees" and "Fire and Blood" philosophy which is going to do her in. As of ADWD, she seems to have embraced that Fire-and-Blood-Conqueror side of hers (which Daario represents, I agree) so probably it's him or her dragons which she has to slay.

Tyrion is another question mark, and in his case, I think it's mainly his own dark side he has to battle. "Greyest of the grey", after all :) 

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Arya = LSH. Arya, as Nymeria, pulled her dead mother out of the water and that lead to Catelyn turning into LSH. Stoneheart is a lesson in the negative effects of revenge, even of guided by some god. And now LSH is almost more of a terror in the Riverlands and the faction of the BWB she is with is slowing dismantling because of her. I think Arya and her training with giving mercy and knowing what needs to be done, Arya will return to the RIverlands and find her mother, maybe have some guilt? or feel some amount of sad personal responsability, and then she will give her mother the final gift of mercy. Just adding a thought= What if Arya has to slay a faceless man or even the Kindly Man (because he is somewhat of a Bloodraven parallel)

I don't have strong feelings about Arya killing LSH 1 way or the other, but IMO her real kill is Varys.

Back in AGOT Arya successfully spies on the spy master and Ilyrio, she just doesn't have the presence of mind/skills&knowledge/ opportunity to figure out who it was she spied on.  Then even Varys did not know what happened to her when she fled the Red Keep, even though for a while she was in flea bottom where he surely has little birds.

Varys received training as a mummer, which Arya is also receiving.  However Arya is learning much more than simple mummery, learning glamours and face changing, even learning how to skinchange so that instead of using children called little birds, she can use actual little birds.  In short she is going to be superior to him in every way.  Her training with the FM where she collects info reminds me a lot of Varys job as spy master.

It would not be easy for a normal person to get the drop on Varys, but I think it would be easy for Arya, and I think she will be able to recognize him in disguises now with her "look with your eyes" mentality.

I would add Stannis - Melisandre, for obvious reasons.

I believe though, we've already seen one instance 'solved': Tyrion to Tywin, only to show us, that such a deed only awakens new demons.

(and I think Tyrion is Cersei's demon more than he is hers, though she obviously isn't getting him)

1 hour ago, Tianzi said:

(and I think Tyrion is Cersei's demon more than he is hers, though she obviously isn't getting him)

I thinnk the way leech has framed this thread that you cannot add Cersei to the list. This list seems to be a list of "protagonists" and I think that Cersei falls well short of being included in that category.

1) @The Fattest Leech You are great and fun and thanks for taking my perspectives in the other thread as jumping off points and not criticisms!

2) OK lets fight about Sansa.  I completely agree that she's going to kill Littlefinger, and I also agree that will be a good thing.  But I just can't get behind him as her personal demon.  She'd be dead twice over if it weren't for him - once at the hands of Cersei after Joffrey's death, and again by her Aunt Lysa.  He also was an early advocate for Joffrey putting her aside - likely as a way to protect her.  Their relationship is tremendous because he's so careful and cunning in every other aspect of his life, but she is his one weakness, and helping her is the one thing he does that isn't particularly strategic.  I think his whole speech to her during her rescue about doing what no one expects to keep everyone off balance is bullshit - its a rationalization to cover up the fact that he wants to help her because of some messed up freudian transferrence shit with her mother.  And this will be his undoing - she's learning how to be cunning and manipulative from him, and how to recognize people's weaknesses, and she will use that knowledge against him some day soon.  But he is also one of the most important figures in her life and development, and as awful as he was for the rest of the Starks, he inarguably was helpful to her.

3) some of this analysis depends on how thick your tinfoil hat is.  Mine has been thickening over the years, to the point now where I'm slightly ashamed to admit I'm in the Daario = Euron camp, and slightly less ashamed to admit I'm in the "Every Bran" camp as well.  If those two things wind up being true, that would make Euron Dany's monster to slay, and Bran and Jon would be fighting the Others in the past and present, respectively, except one using straightforward military might and the other using magic.  So, basically just Return of the King fanfiction, but don't tell GRRM I said that.

4) I still have to beat the drum that I think GRRM is trying to make the point that you don't get to go all Indigo Montoya just because you should.  As far as I can remember, Tyrion is the ONLY character who has gotten to kill his monster, and doing that messed him up mentally in a really, really bad way.  Otherwise we get Arya and Doran being pissy about not getting to kill any of the important people on their lists.  When the bad guys have died in this story, it generally hasn't been overly cathartic.  Sure Amory Lorch died, but at the hands of someone just as bad.  Yeah the Mountain died (sort of), but not in a particularly satisfying way with anything approaching closure.  Joffrey died at the hands of people we don't even really know.  The only satisfying death I can think of off the top of my head is Janos Slynt.  I have a feeling this pattern may continue!  

1 hour ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

I thinnk the way leech has framed this thread that you cannot add Cersei to the list. This list seems to be a list of "protagonists" and I think that Cersei falls well short of being included in that category.

Actually, yes, that is what I was thinking and I should make that more clear in the main post. Thanks!

1 hour ago, estermonty python said:

1) @The Fattest Leech You are great and fun and thanks for taking my perspectives in the other thread as jumping off points and not criticisms!

No problem! :cheers: Sometimes too many threads that turn into mental superiority pissing matches just chip away at me too much and I need a reset.

I'm not really into mocking people and calling them "sad", or whatever, just because they see things differently. I may get frustrated with it, and I may vent elsewhere, but oh well.

2) OK lets fight about Sansa.  

It's a good thing we just shared a frosty beverage cuz' now I am ready for that match! :devil::lol:

I completely agree that she's going to kill Littlefinger, and I also agree that will be a good thing.  But I just can't get behind him as her personal demon.  She'd be dead twice over if it weren't for him - once at the hands of Cersei after Joffrey's death, and again by her Aunt Lysa.  

He has a fetish with Sansa as a replacement Cat and he wants Sansa for his own. So, while I agree that he did some protecting of her, it was for his own selfish reasons that we see developing after she escapes KL. If Petyr wasn't into her, he would not protect her, he would Jeyne Poole her.

He also was an early advocate for Joffrey putting her aside - likely as a way to protect her.

LF wanted Sansa for his own. He had started developing plans for her when he first gave her the creepy stalker stares way back in AGOT at the tourney. The first time the two have a conversation Sansa is surprised he knows so much about her (not totally abnormal for the daughter of the hand), but it's the way he approacher her, and talked to her, then had to cover his lap with a pillow...

• Septa Mordane quickly took a hand. "Sweet child, this is Lord Petyr Baelish, of the king's small council."
    "Your mother was my queen of beauty once," the man said quietly. His breath smelled of mint. "You have her hair." His fingers brushed against her cheek as he stroked one auburn lock. Quite abruptly he turned and walked away.

Their relationship is tremendous because he's so careful and cunning in every other aspect of his life, but she is his one weakness, and helping her is the one thing he does that isn't particularly strategic.  I think his whole speech to her during her rescue about doing what no one expects to keep everyone off balance is bullshit - its a rationalization to cover up the fact that he wants to help her because of some messed up freudian transferrence shit with her mother.  And this will be his undoing - she's learning how to be cunning and manipulative from him, and how to recognize people's weaknesses, and she will use that knowledge against him some day soon.  But he is also one of the most important figures in her life and development, and as awful as he was for the rest of the Starks, he inarguably was helpful to her.

And as soon as Sansa finds out how LF played a part in her father's death, which dominoed into the treatment of Jeyne Poole and death of Septa Mordane, and her learning her trait of listening to the wind/words, maybe even the manipulation of the food storage in the Vale with winter coming???... she is going to bring him down. Once she is free of him and not hiding anymore, only then can she move on with her ultimate story purpose.

3) some of this analysis depends on how thick your tinfoil hat is. 

I have surprised myself in recent months on how I am falling for the Varys/Illyrio/Aegon-fAegon Blackfyre rebellion return. I am actually rather intrigued by it now... which makes me wonder if Bloodraven will have a role to play in that because BR is still here as well and his "traditional" role has always been to stop the Blackfyres. We will read and see :wideeyed:

2 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I don't have strong feelings about Arya killing LSH 1 way or the other, but IMO her real kill is Varys.

Back in AGOT Arya successfully spies on the spy master and Ilyrio, she just doesn't have the presence of mind/skills&knowledge/ opportunity to figure out who it was she spied on.  Then even Varys did not know what happened to her when she fled the Red Keep, even though for a while she was in flea bottom where he surely has little birds.

Varys received training as a mummer, which Arya is also receiving.  However Arya is learning much more than simple mummery, learning glamours and face changing, even learning how to skinchange so that instead of using children called little birds, she can use actual little birds.  In short she is going to be superior to him in every way.  Her training with the FM where she collects info reminds me a lot of Varys job as spy master.

It would not be easy for a normal person to get the drop on Varys, but I think it would be easy for Arya, and I think she will be able to recognize him in disguises now with her "look with your eyes" mentality.

Gah! This is great. I did not add Varys to the list sorta on purpose because I really, really wanted to see what other people thought first. This could happen, but I see it maybe as a sideplot instead of her slaying a personal demon.

Just to expand in this a little more if you want, why would Varys be Arya's personal demon?

3 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I'm reading "monsters" as those who represent/bring out the worst instances of the character -

Yes, this is how I meant it as well. I need to make that more clear in the OP. This and in relation to the main protagonists.

that's why I fully agree with Arya/LSH (and not Arya/Faceless Men) because it represents her biggest personal issue - to overcome her desire for revenge killing. 

Yeah, I added the FM idea sorta last minute just to try and cover speculation bases because I have seen this mentioned before. Personally, I am fully in the Arya has to slay LSH as her personal demon.

In the case of Bran, his demons are either his own impulses (warging Hodor because he wants to walk, disregarding advice given to him like not to explore the cave) or the issue of "magic being a sword without a hilt." I strongly lean towards Euron, however, because he is exactly what an "evil" Bran would be like - someone who wants to use his immense magical powers to become a god-Emperor of the world, to subdue and conquer, rather than save/heal (like Bran did with Theon in ADWD, for instance.). We also have clues that Euron probably was visited by BR in his youth, but failed the test, and (I'm assuming) from then onwards, he developed this obsession with flying, magic and becoming a God of some sort, after having been introduced to the possibility by BR. (Plus, the whole "Crow's Eye", red-eye as his sigil symbolism, etc.)

There seems to be a purposeful set-up by the author here, and I think Euron will clash with (or be confronted by) BR, and by extension Bran at some point. He seems like an extremely powerful villain, who'll have to be taken down by an equally powerful guy on the other side.

I am starting to agree with this. Maybe more so with Bran??? But how and where do they clash? I think there is the strong chance that Bran does make it out of the cave to be the "wood dancer", so does Euron come north? Is this a battle of magic if Euron makes it the Citadel as theorized? Now you have me curious.

Plot-wise, the GG would be her monster, but on an overall level, it's her "Dragons plant no trees" and "Fire and Blood" philosophy which is going to do her in. As of ADWD, she seems to have embraced that Fire-and-Blood-Conqueror side of hers (which Daario represents, I agree) so probably it's him or her dragons which she has to slay.

Agreed.

Tyrion is another question mark, and in his case, I think it's mainly his own dark side he has to battle. "Greyest of the grey", after all :) 

Yeah, you'd think that slaying Tywin would have brought him over his hump, but maybe that was just the first part of it for him? I am not so convinced Tywin was Tyrion demon anymore because of his depression during ADWD. I think Tywin was a first hurdle/sideplot.

3 hours ago, The Sleeper said:

I don't think it quite works that way. Many villainous characters have died without a sense of personal gratification for the characters I expect the trend to continue being so. Secondly when you say personal demons you make it sound like you are refferring to issues they maybe having.

True. What I am referring to is the main protagonists are all currently in a position of "learning" and at some point there is a final exam. Each character has something hanging over them that they repeatedly think of or mutter to themselves like a mantra, and that is going to create tension within their own respective situations... which leads them to make other decisions and those may not be in agreement with their current "teacher". George has mentioned how these are character driven stories, and the changes from that 25 year old outline to what we have now, and George's words that "characters changed along the way," backs this up. For this to happen a character needs tension because a lot is learned in the tensest moments, otherwise all we get a dressing room montage with a catchy pop song for pages and pages.

This is one of the reasons why I see how it is plausible that BR and Bran may come to blows. If Bran just travels up there, takes a few naps, takes a few Hodor rides, as a nice snack (:blink:), and then just leaves, well, that seems kinda a waste, doesn't it? Honest question, not sarcastic.

In terms of our young Starks, those who you refer to as demons are also mentors and protectors. (I am substituting the House of Black and White for Arya). They may be training and training them for their own reasons and even be outright evil, but nonetheless may not mean them harm and in their own view working for their benefit. After all from all we have heard of BR he was utterly ruthless and probably doesn't give a shit about house Stark,

Well, with what we know about the Night's Watch and how closely they worked with the Starks, it would not be out of the realm to think that Brynden Rivers had some respect for the Starks, especially as it seems now Bloodraven is helping Jon along.

• The raven cocked its head and looked at Jon. "Corn?" it said hopefully. When it got neither corn nor answer, it quorked and muttered, "Kettle? Kettle? Kettle?"
    The rest was arrowheads, a torrent of arrowheads, a flood of arrowheads, arrowheads enough to drown the last few stones and shells, and all the copper pennies too.
    When the count was done, Jon found himself surrounded. Some clapped him on the back, whilst others bent the knee to him as if he were a lord in truth.

Likewise LF is basically making Sansa a pretty good marriage and could be delusional enough to believe that his influence is the best thing for her

Littlefinger seems to be doing this to save his own behind and secure his position of wealth and power. He thinks that after the Sansa wedding, where Sansa is to expose her identity, that he will be secure in his station with her. I think he doesn't realize how much Sansa is learning and will pull the rug out from under him once she has her ducks in a row.

and the FM are genuinely training Arya to be one of their own. In this the slaying may be neccessary for the kids to act on their own, but the slaying need not be literall or by their own hand.

Agreed. I added the FM as an option because I had seen it mentioned before and wanted to encourage conversation in this idea. I do belive the Lady Stoneheart is Arya's demon to slay.

Also I will personally cheer if Bran uses Hodor to break Jaime's spine after he tells him that Lannisters always pay their debts. It's high time that little whiny bitch has has his comeuppance, but I doubt I will see it.

Heehee. I am sure that will make a lot of people happy... just not Brienne :(.

@The Fattest Leech I suspect that Arya probably regrets not being able to identify the men who she overheard to Ned.  While he is not on her list, he certainly did not have her fathers interests at heart, and if she heard his voice and made the connection that it was him she overheard talking about "killing"(maybe they meant co-opting as with JonCon) her father so long ago, she may have a strong desire to kill him.

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

My idea for who has to slay which personal demon is below. I am not 100% on a few, but that is what discussion is all about, right?

an idea I'm not exactly married to but possibly Arya-Nymeria (because until Nymeria is dead Arya cannot be no one)

Another possibly interesting one is Dany and the Dragons. After all, as Aemon says, Dragons are "the grief and glory of my House" It might be possible that while Dany (and fAegon for that matter) believe that being Targaryens means they need dragons, the real power might be in casting that particular demon off

2 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

an idea I'm not exactly married to but possibly Arya-Nymeria (because until Nymeria is dead Arya cannot be no one)

I would duck and cover if I were you before some Arya fangirls start pelting you with dead squirrels :drunk:

I tend to think that a reunion between the two could be one of the only things that "saves" Arya, kinda like Jon warging into Ghost to save his soul after the mutiny. But I could be wrong :dunno:

2 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

Another possibly interesting one is Dany and the Dragons. After all, as Aemon says, Dragons are "the grief and glory of my House" It might be possible that while Dany (and fAegon for that matter) believe that being Targaryens means they need dragons, the real power might be in casting that particular demon off

Nice catch!

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

I would duck and cover if I were you before some Arya fangirls start pelting you with dead squirrels :drunk:

INCOMMMING!!!!!!!

I tend to think that a reunion between the two could be one of the only things that "saves" Arya, kinda like Jon warging into Ghost to save his soul after the mutiny. But I could be wrong :dunno:

Anyone could be wrong!  For a long time I believed that Ghost and Nymeria with the bodily dead but warg spiritually alive Arya and Jon would be the last two "people" left alive on westeros after the faceless men pull of project valar morghulis, the long night ends and spring begins again....George did say bitter sweet. But yes, Arya killing Nymeria makes sense in terms of her ongoing obliteration of her ego through FM training. We have some foreshadowing of it, of course, in AGOT when she chases nymeria off. Still, just spit balling.

Nice catch!

thanks!

20 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

@The Fattest Leech I suspect that Arya probably regrets not being able to identify the men who she overheard to Ned.  While he is not on her list, he certainly did not have her fathers interests at heart, and if she heard his voice and made the connection that it was him she overheard talking about "killing"(maybe they meant co-opting as with JonCon) her father so long ago, she may have a strong desire to kill him.

Ok, I gotcha, I think??? As in, if Arya was able to identify them, they could have been caught and her dad could still be alive today? If that is what you are thinking, yeah, any kid would want to go back and change that if they could. If you can't go back in time to do it, then current day resolutions would be next.

Archived