U.S. Politics 2016: From Russia With Love

Martell Spy

2 minutes ago, Commodore said:

Obama now just pissing on the ashes of the party he left in shambles

Gonna be full YOLO mode for the next month

How exactly did he leave it in shambles? I keep seeing statements like this coming mostly from the alt right, and they simply do not follow logically. We have this rule, perhaps you're aware of it, that only allows a President to serve two terms.

Just now, Commodore said:

Obama now just pissing on the ashes of the party he left in shambles

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

How exactly did he leave it in shambles? I keep seeing statements like this coming mostly from the alt right, and they simply do not follow logically. We have this rule, perhaps you're aware of it, that only allows a President to serve two terms.

Yeah, I too wonder how Obama left the party in "shambles".

Sounds like conservatives making shit up again.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

For a clearer example of guy leaving something in shambles, see:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

20 hours ago, LongRider said:

he said;he said about that swamp thing:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/22/506611986/trump-and-gingrich-disagree-on-that-whole-swamp-draining-thing

It's simple really, Trump wants to fill the swamp in order drain it.

Russian swamp water is the best really.  I mean, it's fantastic.  When we refill the swamp we will use only the best.

Just now, OldGimletEye said:

eah, I too wonder how Obama left the party in "shambles".

Probably shambles, because the Democrats want a bit more coherent answers from their party than

Jebus, Guns, trickle down economics, and planned parenthood kills babies. I forgot something, ah right, stop feeding the poor damn nanny state.

You have to know your audience.

So Dubya at least left their base more or less happy.

19 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm beginning to believe that we are going to bear witness to an endless string of mistakes. 

Agreed. What should we set the over/under at?

16 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

It has a huge economic opportunity cost.

The economic cost means little compared to losing our place in the global hierarchy. 

Just now, Notone said:

Probably shambles, because the Democrats want a bit more coherent answers from their party than

Thay might me true. But, given Obama's popularity with the party and the fact he does pretty well with independents too, it is extremely hard to make the case that Obama left the party in shambles.

I'm just not seeing the argument.

Because it really isn't there. 

Replace Obama's name with Hillary and you can more or less make a case. Though, this might be just me beating on that dead horse again, but DNC leadership and direction of the party is somewhat of an open question for the moment. And Obama won't be able to help the party out that much, apart from campaigning every four years or so for the nominee, and possibly in a few select senatorial or gubernatorial races.

Biden is probably a bit too old, to reenter the arena in four years. And Schumer is hopefully not the answer.

Archived