NFL: The Politics of Superb Owls or Trumping the Fail-Cons

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm going to go with 34-30 Falcons. Of course this is shaded by my Pats hate. I think if the Falcons can avoid the big mistake, they can boatrace this Pats squad.

I can't make an objective pick, because this Pats team has played such an awful schedule that all we have is history to guide us. Which isn't a very good guide in sports.

15 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The Colts have ruined my dreams and hired Chris Ballard.

Meanwhile, the 49'ers have hired Dark Horse candidate... John Lynch.

Dark Horse? Was he even on anyone's list? Ah well, at least it seems that this may have been pushed by Shanahan. I suppose that's a positive.

That's the speculation I'm reading now.  I like the guy, but who knows if he can run a front office or not.

Guessing Kyle is getting most of the power here.

This was interesting from Ian Rapaport.

The #49ers identified John Lynch weeks ago as a potential GM. He wouldn't go through with it unless it remained secret. Secret no longer.

Shut down the leaks apparently

Previous job experience is overrated. If it's good enough for our country, it's good enough for the 49ers.

And hey, at least now SF has clearly the hardest hitting GM in the game today. 

11 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It was a bronco joke.

Just now, Jaime L said:

Previous job experience is overrated. If it's good enough for our country, it's good enough for the 49ers.

And hey, at least now SF has clearly the hardest hitting GM in the game today. 

Alright, you two need to pipe down. I need tequila. I'm gonna need a lot of tequila.

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Alright, you two need to pipe down. I need tequila. I'm gonna need a lot of tequila.

Sorry, Manhole. Been a weekend of miserable news so Federer winning and this were the two things that made me smile today. 

Just now, Jaime L said:

Sorry, Manhole. Been a weekend of miserable news so Federer winning and this were the two things that made me smile today. 

No worries, I prepped. Got a nice bottle of this Friday at Sam's Club for like 30 bucks. Going to sacrifice a not inconsiderable quantity of it to the ghost of Bill Walsh tonight. I smell a sick call in my immediate future.

http://www.normansliquors.com/cw4/images/product_full/13680750.jpg

I can't decide what is fucking with my mind more, the fact that Lynch got into this by calling up Shanahan a week ago and volunteering, or the fact that this supposed key on compatibility starts off with the GM on record as saying Shanahan comes off arrogant and hard to work with earlier this offseason.

We're at the point where we're hurting our necks leaning back to be able to see up to the Cleveland Browns. I've read apologists doing things like mentioning his connection to Bill Walsh, but I mean at that level there are like thousands of loose leaves of the Walsh coaching tree. Another lapdog talked about how Walsh himself was a controversial hire, which is revisionism in the extreme; Walsh was super-qualified and had only been held back by Paul Brown's blackball campaign to keep him on staff or at least not able to reveal who was really behind the Bengles' offensive innovation. This is....nothing like that.

Of course it could work out, but more in the dartboard with blinders way; I suspect it'll go much more Singletary/Tomsula than the Genius. 

38 minutes ago, Rhom said:

That's the speculation I'm reading now.  I like the guy, but who knows if he can run a front office or not.

Guessing Kyle is getting most of the power here.

This was interesting from Ian Rapaport.

Shut down the leaks apparently

The leaks thing is also good/bad. Good in terms of within our control, bad in terms of confirming (if it was needed) how intentional all the previous leak campaigns have been.

15 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

No worries, I prepped. Got a nice bottle of this Friday at Sam's Club for like 30 bucks. Going to sacrifice a not inconsiderable quantity of it to the ghost of Bill Walsh tonight. I smell a sick call in my immediate future.

http://www.normansliquors.com/cw4/images/product_full/13680750.jpg

Just smart to drink all that tequila now before the wall goes up and then you gotta start bootlegging that stuff.

15 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I suspect it'll go much more Singletary/Tomsula than the Genius. 

And at least Tomsula had prior work experience. He had all the prior work experience. 

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

A place of residence might have been good, though.

You're acting like there's all these unicorn coach/GM candidates out there who both have relevant work experience and a home. 

12 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

You're acting like there's all these unicorn coach/GM candidates out there who both have relevant work experience and a home. 

Or perhaps even more important who have a home, relevant work experience and are willing to take a job with this upside down organization.

Archived