TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Did you just wish lots of killings for his wedding? :lol: 

No, I just wished lots of fun at the wedding. How you construe this is your problem. :P

I just applied for another job ... and accidentally clicked enter twice on the form, so they probably got a double application, once only halfway filled in. Yay, the first impression they are going to have of me will be that I cannot do computers. Well done, Buck.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

No, I just wished lots of fun at the wedding. How you construe this is your problem. :P

I just applied for another job ... and accidentally clicked enter twice on the form, so they probably got a double application, once only halfway filled in. Yay, the first impression they are going to have of me will be that I cannot do computers. Well done, Buck.

Oh sure, there wasn't any intertextuality at all :P 

Uhhh I'm sorry. But don't worry, I'm sure you aren't the only one who accidentally sends an application twice, they will understand. Good luck! 

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh sure, there wasn't any intertextuality at all :P 

Uhhh I'm sorry. But don't worry, I'm sure you aren't the only one who accidentally sends an application twice, they will understand. Good luck! 

Intertextuality is one of the seven criteria of textuality according to Dressler and Beaugrande. There is always intertextuality, otherwise we would not be talking right now. *nods smartly*

I did not know I remembered that much from that highly theoretical subject from what I believe was 3rd year of bachelor.

Thanks. It was just a teaching job. I feel useless, like I am not doing enough, sending enough applications ... but the truth is, I really have nowhere to send them, there are almost no places that need somebody like me ...

34 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Intertextuality is one of the seven criteria of textuality according to Dressler and Beaugrande. There is always intertextuality, otherwise we would not be talking right now. *nods smartly*

I did not know I remembered that much from that highly theoretical subject from what I believe was 3rd year of bachelor.

Thanks. It was just a teaching job. I feel useless, like I am not doing enough, sending enough applications ... but the truth is, I really have nowhere to send them, there are almost no places that need somebody like me ...

Oh. My bad. :blush::lol: 

If anybody remembers stuff from a subject from three years ago, that would be you, wouldn't it?

don't feel useless. You are doing your best and it will pay off. Maybe not as soon as you'd like, but eventually it will. You could maybe try sending specualtive applications. Just emailing your cv to companies/organizations that don't have an open position, but you know they deal with stuff you can/want to do. Or maybe you have already done that, in that case, ignore me. 

DRAWING.

13 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh. My bad. :blush::lol: 

If anybody remembers stuff from a subject from three years ago, that would be you, wouldn't it?

don't feel useless. You are doing your best and it will pay off. Maybe not as soon as you'd like, but eventually it will. You could maybe try sending specualtive applications. Just emailing your cv to companies/organizations that don't have an open position, but you know they deal with stuff you can/want to do. Or maybe you have already done that, in that case, ignore me.

Ah, I am sure many people do. I am not that weird.

I did two such applications, but did not get an answer on either of them. I should try with some more, you are right. Not likely that it is going to help much, but still.

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

DRAWING.

Ah, I am sure many people do. I am not that weird.

I did two such applications, but did not get an answer on either of them. I should try with some more, you are right. Not likely that it is going to help much, but still.

I didn't say it was weird, if anything, it's impressive. 

That happens with these applications. Still, you can never know and at least you'll feel like your are making 120% effort. 

On 02/06/2017 at 10:08 AM, Buckwheat said:

Don't worry too much, at least you didn't send off your e-mail "..applying for the position of...please find attached my CV and Covering Letter...thank you for your consideration...." and then realise you had not attached your CV and Covering Letter. Even more hilarious I mentioned something about good I.T. skills somewhere in my cover letter :lol: I just laugh at my idiocies now. If I didn't, I would despair

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I didn't say it was weird, if anything, it's impressive. 

That happens with these applications. Still, you can never know and at least you'll feel like your are making 120% effort. 

Oh. Thank you. :blushing: 

12 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Don't worry too much, at least you didn't send off your e-mail "..applying for the position of...please find attached my CV and Covering Letter...thank you for your consideration...." and then realise you had not attached your CV and Covering Letter. Even more hilarious I mentioned something about good I.T. skills somewhere in my cover letter :lol: I just laugh at my idiocies now. If I didn't, I would despair

I am already half despaired. I am halfway decided to dive into a PhD and lose all my hopes of a 'normal' job ever. :P 

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I am taking a day off.  I deserve it.  I work all week, then on weekends, work my butt off in the yard.  I just can't today.

Enjoy. ;)

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I am taking a day off.  I deserve it.  I work all week, then on weekends, work my butt off in the yard.  I just can't today.

Of course you deserve it. It's a long weekend and a holiday after all. (Isn't it? If it isn't in the US, sorry, either way, you deserve it) 

I wore PJs all day and ate chocolate and pizza too. 

11 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Of course you deserve it. It's a long weekend and a holiday after all. (Isn't it? If it isn't in the US, sorry, either way, you deserve it) 

I wore PJs all day and ate chocolate and pizza too. 

That was last weekend in the U.K and I think the U.S. too (for Memorial Day possibly?)

Archived