Discussing Sansa XXX: Sun and Moon

Mladen

3 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

But one scenario was about an incredible occult, the other is about a person's intent.....

Because people who have a kill list of all those that wronged them that they are literally acting out one by one is considered a normal behavior?

IDK I mean, Sansa knows that Arya as a child was incredibly stubborn, willful, impulsive, and said many things she didn't necessarily mean about others. (Lots of I hate yous, stabbing a table and pretending she's practicing for the prince, etc.) so I don't think it's a far leap to assume that Sansa just met her sister for the first time in nearly seven years and thus didn't know who she was or became as a person yet and used the knowledge she did know.

13 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

And as I said last week, the plot of Sansa in thickening, now after Daenerys burned the whole thing of the reach, it was a connection of the two plots

can you elaborate on the connection between the two plots? I may have missed...(if there are not spoilers involved)

4 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't uderstand your statement, please explain?

The wight walkers are publicly disbelieved.  To believe Jon's description at face value is to eschew contemporary thought.  that is a difficult thing to do.

That a child has grown up with a hit list and the ability to execute it is challenging, but doesn't require an adjustment to one's worldview.  This believing Arya is an easier change of mind than believing Jon.

16 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

The wight walkers are publicly disbelieved.  To believe Jon's description at face value is to eschew contemporary thought.  that is a difficult thing to do.

That a child has grown up with a hit list and the ability to execute it is challenging, but doesn't require an adjustment to one's worldview.  This believing Arya is an easier change of mind than believing Jon.

But it's still not an easy think to believe to begin with. Sansa hasn't seen Arya since she was 13. Sansa is now 19 according to the wiki. The Arya Sansa knew was quick tempered, said serious and did serious things she didn't really mean, was stubborn, willful, etc. It's not a large jump to think that she fell back on those old beliefs when she saw Arya for the first time in six years. Neither is it hard to believe that Arya held onto her old beliefs about Sansa being a princess-y snob.

I don't think it's unnatural for either of them to fall back on what they know about their siblings after so long. 

On 8/7/2017 at 3:34 AM, LucyMormont said:

I don't think Sansa is exactly  jelous of Arya. My take is that Sansa at first looked just interested in what was happening down in the courtyard, but then you can look how her facial expression changed when she heard Arya saying

"You swore to serve both my mother's daughters, didn't you?"

Sansa seemed troubled that LF heard that... Brienne is known by LF as one of Sansa's great assets. Do you remember when she said to him back in season 6  "I just could tell Brienne to kill you"? Well, now LF knows that Brienne is not just Sansa's, and that in a possible struggle between the sisters is not so sure what Brienne would do. And this is a weakness he can exploit, try to make them turn against each other.... in short, try to do what LF does.

When he called Bran "Lord Stark", he was testing him too. He knows that Sansa loves being "Lady Stark", so it wansn't him just being polite, he was trying to find a crack between the siblings that he can potentially make  it play out in his favour.

Sansa knows LF , but fears her siblings don't. She also showed worryness about LF giving the dagger to Bran, for the same reason.  Then she sees Arya fighting at a level that can match Brienne, and LF is right there to see it too. Not the most reassuring thing.

You explained that very good. I agree.  All three Starks know he is not to be trusted and they don't trust him. So as long as they stick together littlefinger  will be killed. I hope they set him up and Arya says you should have never trusted me and slices his throat.

1 minute ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

You explained that very good. I agree.  All three Starks know he is not to be trusted and they don't trust him. So as long as they stick together littlefinger  will be killed. I hope they set him up and Arya says you should have never trusted me and slices his throat.

Throwback to Season 1 there.

I don't think Littlefinger trusts anyone but Littlefinger. I do think he severely underestimates the Starks, though.

I'd love to see Sansa be the one who kills him but I guess as long as she gives the order or something I'm good. I think Sansa deserves to give the order or something since he's mainly been around her and whatnot. She has the most weight there.

But I'm all for a Stark trio execution too!

I can't see Sansa wielding a blade but maybe she'll find some more dogs

Arya becoming one of Sansa's sworn shields would be really cool now that I think of it...

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

I don't think Littlefinger trusts anyone but Littlefinger. I do think he severely underestimates the Starks, though.

I'd love to see Sansa be the one who kills him but I guess as long as she gives the order or something I'm good. I think Sansa deserves to give the order or something since he's mainly been around her and whatnot. She has the most weight there.

Arya becoming one of Sansa's sworn shields would be really cool now that I think of it...

Dogs would be awesome LOL

5 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Dogs would be awesome LOL

I have a shirt with Sansa on it that says "Who Let the Dogs Out"

Too bad Lady is dead and there are no more starving hounds but OH OH WAIT

Maybe Nymeria comes back and Littlefinger becomes dinner 

22 minutes ago, Pandean said:

She probably will. Now that she knows Arya has capabilities to do it for her. Arya is perfect person to. They have to be sneaky about it. They need the Vale army still. So Arya taking his face could fix that one.

41 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I don't think Arya would find that role satisfactory. Brienne is Sansa's sworn shield. Arya is her sister, her ally, perhaps confidant. They need to be equal for this to work :D

Just now, Risto said:

I don't think Arya would find that role satisfactory. Brienne is Sansa's sworn shield. Arya is her sister, her ally, perhaps confidant. They need to be equal for this to work :D

Well, we know Arya has no desire to be Lady of Anything, so my thought is what exactly would she do...especially if she survives the show, etc.

Arya does have probably the biggest sense of family among the Starks--she really embodies the Tully words of Family, Duty, Honor. Most of her actions have been because of her family, her pack, whether biological or the makeshift ones she creates, so I wonder how that will pan out with her future self. I can see her in some type of service to her family, but still being considered equal.

I find it really interesting--the two of them really are two sides of the same coin. I've noticed that despite one being Arya being more martial and seemingly "Northron" and Sansa being more political and seemingly "Southron", Arya takes a lot more after Cat in the family, morals, etc. department and Sansa takes a lot more after Ned in her original ideals, etc.

Maybe it's just me though!

Still, I can see Sansa ruling Winterfell, Bran 3ER-ing it up, but I'm not sure where Arya fits in yet after everything...

35 minutes ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

She probably will. Now that she knows Arya has capabilities to do it for her. Arya is perfect person to. They have to be sneaky about it. They need the Vale army still. So Arya taking his face could fix that one.

Taking his face could get her to Cersei, too.

11 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Taking his face could get her to Cersei, too.

Yes considering Cersei has not mentioned littlefinger. Littletfinger says he has told everyone he backs the Starks. It is possible that is a lie. Littlefinger could tell Cersei it was Robert Arryn who declared to help the Starks. And that he is working against them. Who knows. Anything is possible with littlefinger.

3 minutes ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

Yes considering Cersei has not mentioned littlefinger. Littletfinger says he has told everyone he backs the Starks. It is possible that is a lie. Littlefinger could tell Cersei it was Robert Arryn who declared to help the Starks. And that he is working against them. Who knows. Anything is possible with littlefinger.

Exactly, and all we need is for Cersei to give Arya as Littlefinger a hearing to decide whether he's still useful or not (she doesn't trust anyone, after all), and Arya's window is open.  Littlefinger needs to speak with her in private, Bam.  Escapes with Cersei's face.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

Well, we know Arya has no desire to be Lady of Anything, so my thought is what exactly would she do...especially if she survives the show, etc.

Yes, but Sworn Shield is a service, and I don't see any of the Starks serving another. Even if Sansa remains Lady of Winterfell, I doubt Arya will be part of her household. She will be her own person :D 

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

Still, I can see Sansa ruling Winterfell, Bran 3ER-ing it up, but I'm not sure where Arya fits in yet after everything...

Arya is the most difficult to predict. Her story is still wide open.

44 minutes ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

I believe that there is nothing to that. I think LF is done, "giant slayed in castle of snow" As for Cersei, I think it will be Jaime. I think that may be the one of the reasons why they make poor Jaime stick to Cersei even after all of her wrongdoings. 

BTW, did anyone liked Ms Turner's posture in this episode. The way she held her hands and walked by Bran and Arya was very much Lady-like. I never noticed it before.

38 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Exactly, and all we need is for Cersei to give Arya as Littlefinger a hearing to decide whether he's still useful or not (she doesn't trust anyone, after all), and Arya's window is open.  Littlefinger needs to speak with her in private, Bam.  Escapes with Cersei's face.

Yes wear Cersei's face too. Kill all those close around Cesei. I think it will hard for her to leave without seeing Jon. So she will head to kings landing probably last eposide. Of course after she sees Jon again. 

8 minutes ago, Risto said:

Yes, but Sworn Shield is a service, and I don't see any of the Starks serving another. Even if Sansa remains Lady of Winterfell, I doubt Arya will be part of her household. She will be her own person :D 

Arya is the most difficult to predict. Her story is still wide open.

I believe that there is nothing to that. I think LF is done, "giant slayed in castle of snow" As for Cersei, I think it will be Jaime. I think that may be the one of the reasons why they make poor Jaime stick to Cersei even after all of her wrongdoings. 

BTW, did anyone liked Ms Turner's posture in this episode. The way she held her hands and waldon'tked by Bran and Arya was very much Lady-like. I never noticed it before.

Nice throw back. Confirms he dies at Winterfell. It probably will be Jaime. I don't think Arya will get to check her off her list as her kill. She will have to handle people not on the list. Yes Sansa has always had great posture and acts as a  true lady should.

2 hours ago, Pandean said:

Arya serving Sansa would be really cool?? It would be a god awful way to end Arya's arc and ruin her character. Arya should not be playing second fiddle to Sansa (or anyone). Her whole arc has been about her identity and independence. I just cannot see Arya comfortably settling in to the role of bodyguard or sworn shield for ANYONE, including her family.

She could do it temporarily as part of her journey, like the many other things she has done, but in terms of sworn shield being Arya's main purpose, hell no.

Arya is at least as smart as Sansa in the books and better than her at several things Sansa is now doing in the show (like running a household). 

6 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

Arya serving Sansa would be really cool?? It would be a god awful way to end Arya's arc and ruin her character. Arya should not be playing second fiddle to Sansa (or anyone). Her whole arc has been about her identity and independence. I just cannot see Arya comfortably settling in to the role of bodyguard or sworn shield for ANYONE, including her family.

She could do it temporarily as part of her journey, like the many other things she has done, but in terms of sworn shield being Arya's main purpose, hell no.

Arya is at least as smart as Sansa in the books and better than her at several things Sansa is now doing in the show (like running a household). 

I don't remember Arya being better than Sansa at running a household.  Arya was better than Sansa at math; but I don't see Arya having the patience to organize servants to sew, weave, clean, cook, etc.; or plan meals and entertainment for guests.  

Arya might take up the position of master-at-arms for Winterfell, especially if Brienne doesn't survive.  Or she could go join the Wildlings and become a leader or a 'Queen-beyond-the-Wall'.  

Archived